AE Dudley Match-up Thread: Keeping It Classy

I find Bison player’s (that know the matchup well) tend to abuse their normals. Mostly st.HK (no suprise) and st.MK… These normals if used well can shut out your offense pretty good if you don’t have a counter ready. Find the range you need and buffer cr.MP to medium MGB and try and put the fear in them.

Yeah just to clear this up, that post was an intentional oversimplification of the matchup as an ironic commentary on the state of business between democratic western governments and third world agriculture exploiting corporations.

2deep4u.

LOL @ MOWR’S AVATAR. GOD I’M SAVING THAT PIC. Anyway, Ibuki > Dudley. I think Seth and Dudley are even and yun as well.

yun isnt even it’s 5.5 or 6 in yun’s favor.
Seth prob in dudley’s favor. short swing blow > that SPD/DP mixup

what…

Lol xD MeLLoW whiffed a grab … “what…”

if you ssb a wakeup wouldn’t you be free if they choose to just block? Also if you ssb a tick spd I don’tt see a reliable way of timing/mashing to get it to come out and it seems like you’d just get spd’d anyways… explain! I rely on backdash for these situations.

No no no, I mean that if you knock bison down and do a meaty c.LK on his wake-up there isn’t much he can do to get you off of him. His Reversals have too much start-up, the jump can be avoided if you just walk forward and punish him. You can punish Teleport, and if he EX Psycho Crushers past you, all you do is have to see it and U1.

Bison’s shouldn’t be teleporting on wakeup vs Dudley because of EX MGB, he’s going to be using EX Psycho Crusher just to get out of the corner for a minor trade in life if you don’t have Ultra.

Until you have U1, he’s going to EX PC out of the corner and all you got until Ultra is MP MGB hitting a few times in exchange for him getting the entire stage again. If you’re further out to punish reversal EX PC with something better than MP MGB, you’re back at the range of his stMK/stHK. I actually like being here instead since I don’t want Bison to have the stage to work with without eating a fat combo first. Once Dudley gets Ultra, get in that ass.

Bison walks forward and backward faster than Dudley, it’s easy for him to move in and out of his preferred range when he has the entire stage. Restricting his movement is key for me in this fight.

if he blocks ssb you’ll just eat a SPD since it’s like -2 to -4 on block I play seth all the time and once he knows i like using that short swing he’ll block on purpose to SPD the hell outta me. Unless i’m missing something here.

If you use lk, or EX SSB you are completely safe from SPD punishes. They all have 3 frame’s of start up. EX SSB has the added bonus of hitting backwards teleports.

kk it’s the psn then lol.

Or it could be that you wait too long to do something that is throw immune as well. 1 frame is a pretty narrow margin for error

SPDs are 2 frame start up
Hakan Gief and Thawk
all 360s are 2 frame start up

LK and EX are minus 2
unless spaced right you will get punished by thawk and Hakan everytime
against gief.you’re always going to be punished by LP SPD.
Dat range

it’s ridiculous

I just find it ridiculous that lp mgb is -2 in the first place.

well capcom does it so dudley won’t have free pressure on grapplers.

thought we were talking about Seth, sir. All his SPD’s are 3 frame. Take a moment to read the chain of posts.

yeah, Seths SPD are 3 frame startup. Gief, Hawk have 2 frame startup SPDs. Hakan has 3 frame startup SPDs even when oiled up.

Is there any answer to deejays jump in mk or whatever that floaty ass kick is? I always try to anti air with s.mk but i get counter hit :frowning: (not on my wake up)

mgb was like minus 50 in sf3

It was -3 in 3rd Strike

Stop using LP MGB wrong

They need to make SSB 0 on block for all version again. At least LK SSB :[