Yun

Yun and Yang

Zangief

Old Match Up Thread
Every Rose Has It’s Thorns: Dudley Match Up Thread

Other Useful Links
Gentlemen’s Encyclopedia
Self Respect Breeds Discipline - Dudley Specific Punishes
In the Rose Garden - “a thread about beating or getting around specific moves to make the match-up easier”

Discuss match ups and general strategies like gentlemen.

Attempt to be helpful and informative, if someone posts wrong or bad advice, do more than “lolno”.

VIDEOS OF HOW TO APPROACH A MATCH ARE WELCOME

This is a better and more designed matchup thread than that ne 34 made, it was so bad. Kappa.

uh… Ill see what I can work on tomorrow.

Thank god you made a more organized matchup thread.

I’m determined to work out how to deal with the new Rose. Her normals are fantastic and she has amazing options to hit you when you come in and to keep you out. Maybe I’m just not used to the fight but damn. Other than that the only other fight I’ve had major problems with online is characters that I just haven’t had much experience playing against before AE (i.e. Makoto, Yang, Oni etc.)

I have had much more success against rose counter poking her normals with s.HK buffering MGB and cr.MP with MP MGB. I also hold my ground alot hold down back and pressing cr.HK when I see her try to go for her slide or sweep for the juggle. Treat her like Guile, dont be afraid to block the soul spark and walk forward. Look for the soul spiral patterns and learn the block stun from them as they are not all true block strings, a few of them can be Ultraed or even ex Ducked uppered if your fast enough. When I get the ex Duck upper I usually trade but trades are always in your favor because she cant take hits for nothing. I would stay out of the air because her cr.HP is pretty good, kinda like Sakura’s.

Rose crMP xx Soul Spiral (Drill) blockstring

All versions except EX Soul Drill have a gap between the crMP and Soul Spiral. In this gap, you can:

SSB (any strength + EX) vs any Soul Spiral strength (except EX)
EX Jet Upper
Both Ultras

Very very tip of her crMP, Spiral doesn’t combo if crMP hits unless she uses EX Spiral.

crMP xx EX Soul Spiral

crMP close is a blockstring, free sHK
Tip of crMP there’s a gap, I was too slow to input anything between it so it may not be worth trying anything between it. Blocked from this far is at least -4 enjoy the sHK or HP/ EX JU

She can always just do crMP xx Soul Spark or just lone crMP too so know there’s risk.

Can stuff her crMP with the usual crMP crLP crLK crMK crHK sHP fMP sHK

Rose slide is too good stand outside that range, try using crLK and crMK to hit her on reaction or guessing when she might slide?

Rose has a stupid reelback on hit when crouching. Anywhere less than point blank when you land Dudley’s overhead you might whiff the stHK or crLP link afterwards.

Watch out for her throws, she has a better than average reach on them.

Don’t be afraid to block Soul Spark (her fireball) if you’re far out. If you duck from that far, you eat a stRH, slide or Soul Spiral. I’m still learning that sweet spot Dudley wants to be.

She has other great normals for zoning and footsies, not just crMP and slide like stHK, crHP, clMK.

In this game Seth is free. All you have to do is use cr.mk to knock him down and then mixup between overhead, cr.RH and baiting out DP on his wakeup. EX MGB his teleport if he uses that.

Also this applies to every character in the game. Dudley is reeaally good.

Matchup videos are a great idea. We have plenty of good tutorials of how dudley is played but some videos of how dudley should played vs (insert character) can be good too. Im going to make this my project while on vacation.

You forgot the “never get knocked down” part >_>

Akuma, Ibuki, Seth and to a lesser extent Yun makes Dudley’s life hell when they knock him down.

yeah hi im new here but im a decent player anyway i need a thread on the gouken match since shines gouken frame traps and sweeps the hell out of me and i cant do anythoingy about that pressure since i dont know the match up well

Bison is kinda free on wake-up. He can’t reversal his way out of c.LK I’m using U1 for that match-up from now on.