1/4 block auto-block and 1/6 block auto throw tech: effective destruction of SFxT

Assist gems need to be filterable online. Much like how lite and expert input modes were for Super SF4 on Nintendo 3DS.

I took a little break from fighting games, so i missed these new gems until now. I knew they were coming, but interpreted them wrong, because i had faith in capcom or something. Haha. Anyway, i just saw this video and had to visit these forums again. I did not read this thread, so i apologize if i beat a dead horse, buuut:

What where they thinking???

Wow, my mind is blown.

Holy shit, Capcom, get your act together. How can you be so out of touch with the community? It was hard to be an apologist before, and it got on my nerves that i felt that i had to defend why i liked the game all the time. But after seeing that video i can’t even do that anymore. I will accept the hate of the “community” for SFxT. I am done. I will still watch it at tournaments, but i will not get annoyed at commentators for talking shit about it instead of commentating the matches. I will not make fun of people who refer to SF4 as a hardcore game while making fun of the casual kiddy game SFxT. I will not throw shit at my screen when the masses demand marvel.

I don’t think so. I think they made them in order to help scrubs compete against expert players, they are like the Handicap (the health percentage that you can select in Versus Mode). The gems initially were for sale, then after the shitstorm they changed the plan and released them for free. Level 3 assist gems are clearly broken since they burn 1/6 and 1/8 of a bar, if they are not completely retarded they knew that those gems were broken. They simply didn’t care because their plan was to sell this shit to scrubs and casuals, but now after they released for free and sold those few packs they can balance and nerf them. The same thing is for Trials and Quick Combos, that stuff was for sale, they made some trials very hard on purpose to sell quick combos to beginners (you can see Dan that invites you to go to the store and buy DLCs).

Friends don’t let friends use gems.

I know you see the cool kids with the high rankings using gems but don’t do it.

You try and justify it its only a 10% speed boost what does it really mean, trust me it’s a slippery slope next thing you know you are giving handies at a bus station for dlc codes for the hot new auto block gem.

The only person you hurt by using gems is you.

^^

It is getting a bit redic.

Flawless.

Tips hat

…at least they were not lying. :tup:

Spoiler

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/gregaman/blog_photos/a3e11df68a47b47f5a9f66f1539b4bee.jpg?v=202200

I was literally in tears at around 4:50. So fucking funny.

LOL @ USMCOgre’s video! If you just listen to the video instead of watching it, you’d think someone was playing an episode of Dragonball Z. Dramatic sound effects 'erry day. I tried to give this game a second chance the other day. But my biggest enemy is the roll back netcode. Playing against a shoto scrub(Ryu/Ken), did a knee press on his Ken with the hit confirm SFX, but instead the game rolls back a split second to activate his autoblock gem and he punishes my knee press with an ex shoryuken. WTF!? R.I.P. SFxTK

Just the assist gems, just the assist gems.

The boost gems are really fun.

Love the Arturo vid. Imagine if the Cammy knew actual combos instead of going straight to cross rush every time. The power this gem gives to characters with great jabs and fast walk speed.

Why is everyone acting like ranked is the only way to play and that everyone online uses these gems? There are plenty of people playing in lobbies that do not use gems, find some good people add them and be done with it.

Fuck, add me I will play anyone its just online im not gonna lose sleep over a ass whooping.

There is no denying they are utterly broken there is plenty of threads reiterating that point.

I’d like to see a Guile + Dhalsim mirror with autoblock gems on both sides… Just for laughs.

I still think that Capcom is going to have events for this game that they are sponsoring themselves. They probably won’t ban gems at their own event. You might get to see that mirror match played for 50k or something ridiculous like that.

Just get the PC version next week, the modders will be all over it.

I was having a lot of fun with the game… and I tried to defend it… then I played a match last night in ranked where it autoblocked for the guy around 10 times and I lost… now I’ve lost about 90% of my interest in it…kinda bummed they did this to the game…

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

At 9:18 I’ve lost my nerve, this is annoying, Cammy just walked like nothing and made that mindless combo, no skill, no creativity… I certainly hate that gem.

Straight up disgusted with auto-block… Man… I wish the best for SFxT… Gotta shelf this madness until Capcom fixes it…

sadface

/Mango

NOOOOOOOOO!!! I want more matches darnit! XD (seriously, fun matches and I felt like I learned quite a bit…)

But yeah, those assist gems are stupid, they really, really need to go. I would prefer them GONE, not just softened, but even that would do to make me really care about playing ranked much at all (pretty much do endless only with people I’ve played/know now). That video is proof that they don’t “ease” new players into the game or anything of the sort. They straight-up break the game and make defense idiotic. There is absolutely no positive side to the auto gems, none whatsoever.

It would be akin to a Mario game where the game made all the difficult jumps for you if you had enough coins - all you have to do is hold B to run and shoot fireballs every once in a while.

On the other side of the coin, the last match in that vid is a lot of what I like about the game.

^ iirc they have the option to make the game play itself now in one of the iterations (Mario)

Well I want to buy Awesomenauts, so I’m trading in either SFxT or MW3… or both…

SFxT was supposed to be my way back into the FGC here in Hawaii since its the only FG I really like as of now, but even here they don’t take it seriously so whatever.

Apparently Capcom isn’t taking it too seriously either :frowning:

EDIT: I’ll let you know if I get rid of SFxT dude. Our matches were pretty fun. (except the ones where I chose Poison as anchor lmao)

/Mango