1/4 block auto-block and 1/6 block auto throw tech: effective destruction of SFxT

Or at last try these ideas out on maybe a brand new franchise (easier said than done I know) rather than something most people were hoping would be a legit deep, competitive fighter, bringing together two of the biggest franchises.

it’s really not a horrible game, it’s just not quite what people were expecting with a few confusing decisions.

No the game is not horrible at all. It is decent but it was handled quite poorly.

Get rid of Gems of at least the problem ones. Fix the timeout issues.
Maybe make Pandora or some kind of comeback mechanic to adds some flash and it would be alright. The core gameplay itself is ok despite the timeouts.

No that’s cool, I don’t see how saying you beast with Yoshi would = being a dick :P. Got 0 experience with Yoshi except for the basic trial mode completion, walk speed too slow for my liking : (. I play Julia/Cammy and have never actually been that bothered about rolling either, I just wrongly presumed you played a more footsies playstyle with the characters in your pic because when I think of them I just immediately assume they would be played that way. My bad! At least I learned something, although I wish there were NZ players who played Yoshi so I could learn more about the character.

lol Capcom had no clue what they were doing, they couldn’t have. As far as stat boosting things go, it can take months of development and careful weighing of the options already in a game for things to be implemented properly and even then there are always small oversights that end up being exploited. Capcom didn’t even fucking try, this idea was way out of their grasp.

It’s already tough enough to balance SF games to begin with, throw in a foreign cast of characters from a different series with different mechanics and the idea of trying to balance all that is already too much to even consider the inclusion of a really stupid gimmicky gem mechanic. Bleh.

The time out issue… I feel like part of the problem is players are geared up to do the most damaging combos possible, the ones with 2 tag cancels and have 15-20 hits in them. Players go into training mode, and see the damage value, and go “sweet, that’s my combo”. The problem is that these combos leave a ton of recoverable life.

Super damage is unrecoverable. Just IMO, but I think getting a 2-4 hit combo into super (so the super isn’t scaled that bad) that does 500 damage is better, as you do more non-recoverable damage than a 15 hit double tag cancel that does 600 damage (of course it depends on the combo). I think this is partially to blame for the timeout issues.

How about no. Since they insist to keep the stupid 2v2 mandatory evo format, we might as well keep pandora as is for scumbag teamate moments.

To fix timeouts: Supers shouldn’t make the timer bar keep going? Or make the timer slower = longer matches. (i.e. 1.5 real life seconds = 1 game second). Remove or alter rolls to allow for better punishes and mixups rather than just being free wakeups for everyone.
I would rather they not increase overall damage or something because then its more of a first combo wins type game. Increasing the viability of wakeup pressure would result in less timeouts imo.

And that’s where the supposed “useless” supers or team supers come into play

Holy shit wait, does this mean grapplers are now top tier?

we can always pull a Keits and start blowing up peoples twitter >_>’

Is that move super effective??

/Mango

indeed, professor oak would approve of this message.

We need to get some Call of Duty kids to play this game first.

Call of Duty is my secondary Fighting Game…

Jokes aside, I haven’t encountered more than a couple auto blockers. But they were scrubs so they don’t count.

/Mango

I agree. But seriously GO PLAY IT NOW OR YOU’RE GROUNDED MISTER.

On a more serious note, some of you guys are trying REALLY hard to justify/ like these new gems.

F*** Auto Throw Tech.

That is all

it’s like a big part of the FGC is being held hostage by this damned game!

dat Capcom stockholm syndrome!

Capcom must add these search filter options: All gems/No assist gems/No gems