1/4 block auto-block and 1/6 block auto throw tech: effective destruction of SFxT

Couple questions…
Are these assist gems ALWAYS ACTIVE, or are they like other gems where you have to block so and so amount of attacks and meet conditions for them to be activated?

Is there a time limit on them like others?

Edit - I looked it up, they are always active. That is surprising.

They should only be used if you are playing your GF, little brother, or to help new people get into the game more and expand the community.

Or else they should have a time limit on them and activation set like other gems.

Yeah I understand the auto tech/block thing is supposed to be a crutch for newer people but if that gem becomes something that top players end up using, it’s probably gonna cause nearly as much salt as XF.

This gem is on a completely other level than xfactor, there’s no comparison. The salt levels would reach new heights

Here’s the typical amount of salt from a particularly fraudulent XF3 comeback:

Now, here’s the salt from when a merely competent player times you out with the new auto tech/block gems:

I’ll just go to Lowes’ for my salt…don’t need the whole mine.

I don’t think I can take that much salt. AE gives me enough anyway :frowning:

I guess I’ll just stick to endless until something gets done about this

Ok so it seems like the entirety of SRK is in agreement that these gems ruin the game. Instead of bitching about it here, why don’t we raise hell with Capcom in an organized fashion? We have basically every reputable member of the community here on this board. We can at least try to salvage this game for competitive play. Personally I think it’s worth it. I think this game could be great with just minor adjustments to the engine (improve throw range/startup universally, +30 seconds on timer/tweak damage scaling) and removal of assist gems either entirely or past a certain rank in online play. Another answer to the gem issue is simply making them cost more more meter, adding a health penalty, adding a damage penalty, or all of the above.

EDIT: A thread should made to gather clear consensus on opposition to at least assist gems and possibly demand for tweaked game mechanics. I do not feel I’m qualified to head such a thread so I humbly request a more reputable member of the community do so!

Completely agreed.

I like where this is going. Who wants to be the official SRK figurehead for this?

Everyone to the twittermobile!

Welp, I sent my tweet. Kept it diplomatic.

I wonder how Japan and other Asian nations are handling this. I just can’t see how Infiltration can be stopped by some block gems.

I’m hearing a lot of good ideas.

Making assist gems have a time limit, or a number of times it can be activated. Increasing the cost and/or adding some significant penalities to health/damage/defense/speed. Something like -30% for the whole duration of the gems/match.

Those are simple solutions that could fix a huge problem. Some assist gems are overpowered but they can easily be nerfed/tweaked to be more acceptable.

I certainly can. Rolento and Ryu can’t feasibly open you up if it only costs 1/4 of a bar to escape a throw or crossup/overhead.

I’d rather them just delete the fucking things and focus on other problems.

God knows this game had lots of issues before Capcom started this shitstorm.

Yea, those are all good

Or make an option when playing online to create a lobby for
"Assist gems: ON or OFF"

That would be cool yeah. Certainly better and more useful than the hype analyzer…

All things considered I still like this game and I still enjoy playing it. That being said I hate these new boosts and new assist gems. The other day I lost because I was screwed out of 390 dmg thanks to auto tech. Today I lost to an A rank Hugo because he had 3 auto blocks on my hwoarang at round 3. And the cross up that got auto blocked was epic cause it would’ve hit him right in his giant ass! I was extremely frustrated and quit playing for the day. I wanna say 1/5 players use these broke ass assist gems which the ratios aint too bad but still ridiculous. I just really hope capcom does a way with these gems. They should’ve be allowed online at all.

Hype Analyzer isn’t so bad. I’ve learned a thing or too poking around through an analysis of one of my matches.

Exactly, I just dont understand how things like this even pass through. Why the Gem system and 100+ gems? Why force this?
How did Capcom people agree to this notion.

It is quite basic logic that this would cause problems for other people.

Your average Joe would realize this is a problem beforehand.

It isn’t hard especially if you thought this game out.
Capcom should have known this would happen.

Replay Analyzes is nice but focus on the main problems of your game.