Zero- Combo Thread

ya you guys are insanely disrespectful he’s posting useful things and all you can do is complain, monkey d w/e you names is i have seen you make 4-5 post about this now in that time i learned all of the terms used for fighting games, i’m pretty sure you can do the same thing and anyone else crying about this.

I don’t think it’s being whiney however it’s a lot of non sense to have to come to the boards learn some stupid keypad non sense just because the people posting combos wants to keep it with the keypad for whatever reason. It’s exactly varlean said no one wants to read about of numbers then figure out what that means it’s not helpful to anyone.

I don’t care if was easy to learn for you, People need to realize that not everyone will go out of their way to learn this stupid keypad shit. Also if you want the game to have more players it would be wise to use the direction icons. All this numbers crap will prevent a lot of players from even learning this game. This isn’t just an arcade game and the majority of the people wont’ come from an arcade background no know what any of this stuff means.

The scene want grow at all if you guys keep this up.

Thnks for the info its been a great help, but i have to admit that in order to practice some of the combos i needed to bring a friend to my house in order to understand the numeric languaje. Sorry but its true dont take that as we complaining, the best solution is to post a thread in the TvC or in the OP a legeng of all the comands regarding TvC. it will help new comers. I still dont understand what they mean though :frowning: i just remembered the directions and buttons my friend pressed X l

This thread is not the place to be arguing about this. Real talk, nobody is going to change their notation just because monkey D malcolm is at home cursing at numbers. It’s just another system of notation, and memorization. Once you understand the system, the numbers represent the exact same thing as directionals would, but can allow for more specific and possibly brief notation for inputs. 3C vs df+C. 5B, 2B vs s.B, c.B. It’s just comes down to the memorization of the notation, and being able to translate it onto the stick/controller. Pretty much every game with an airdash uses numerical notation.

Anyone interested in learning the game is going to have to learn the notation. If they can learn what TK, DP & QCF represent, they’ll be able to learn number notation (which is much more literal & direct). You complaining isn’t going to change it, especially in a character specific thread. If the idea of numbers scares them away, I’d hate to see what happens when they actually start playing.

Anyway, on topic, is it better to end air combos w/ 623B/C or 236B? Does the dive knock down give any kind of positional advantages? I’ve been trying to use meaty buster shots to maintain pressure after it, but I haven’t got to play enough to see if it’s better than just getting the higher damage w/ the DP ender.

Ok. Here’s the combo:

5A, 5B~P, 2B, 214AB (as assist hits), [5B~press and hold A, 2B, 5C, release A (lvl 1) XX dash]x3, 5B~press and hold A, 2B, 3C, j.BB, dj.BB, release A (lvl 2) XX 623B – 20 Billion

Unfortunately, the required 5C makes the damage of the combo much lower than it should be. The spacing is tight because the lvl 1 shot will only combo at certain distances (too far or too short and the shots don’t combo). If you hit the corner anytime during the repeated section, then you must finish the combo early because the lvl 1 shot will not combo in the corner. Also, there only needs to be a slight delay between the 5B and 2B, but not before the 5C like you originally said.

The combo is cool, but the damage isn’t worth the difficulty nor the meter AND assist.

A quick key: It is just like a num pad:

1 = :db:
2 = :d:
3 = :df:
4 = :l:
5 = neutral (no direction)
6 = :r:
7 = :ub:
8 = :u:
9 = :uf:

236 = :qcf:
623 = :dp:
214 = :qcb:

[] = brackets usually mean repeat the section, but when it is used around one button then it can mean hold.
][ = in the case of a held button, reverse brackets mean to release.
~ = tilde means to press immediately after. Almost like sliding between the two buttons.
XX = this denotes a link. The moves before and after the XX will not cancel into eachother, but can still combo.
j. = jump
dj. = double jump
IAD = Instant Air Dash
OTG = On the ground hit
BBQ = Baroque

Personally, It’s better to end the combo with the 236B because Zero’s style of play greatly benefits from the knockdown.

I don’t think you wanna do meaty buster shots instead try meaty Jump Cs. Jump C is great cause

• It has a lot of active frames.
  • It’s an ambiguous cross up (meaning you can fake which side you’re gonna hit or whiff it completely, it gets crazier with assist.)
  • It can cancel into 214 A, B, or C (leads to mix ups.)
  • It can cancel into 236 B, which is an overhead. If C crosses up and you cancel into 236 B it will cross up again.
  • Can also cancel into 236 A and 236 C.

I’m probably missing stuff but yeah knockdowns are better for a rushdown character like Zero.

Been messing with Zero / Yatterman-2 since she’s really good trying to find some team synergy. Found a really nice combo using her assist:

whatever into charge A shot 5B 2B 5C (1-hit) 2C 6C yatterman-2 assist back up slightly as she hits 5B 2B 5C 3C j.BB JC j.BB level 3 shot 214A (charge A shot) 5B 2B 3C launch j.BB JC j.BB level 2 shot j.623C

25-26 Billion damage. It’s pretty easy too once you get it down.

Alternatively you can end it with charge shot level 2 j236B/C dive for a knock down and oki and slightly less damage. Your choice.

When using yatterman-2, blockstring > assist and charge 5C unblockable, unblockable them as they block the assist. BBQ start combo. Shit’s sick.

Found something interesting about Zero’s 236 Super.

With a team like Zero/Tekkaman for example:

2C xx 236 Super, DHC’d into Tekkaman’s 623 Super

*you wan’t to slightly delay your cancel out of 2C so that Zero will be performing the “ground-pound” part of his super just as your opponent hits the ground. You want to perform the DHC right as Zero hits the ground with his fist. What’ll happen is the opponent will be launched before the beams of Zero’s super come out (it looks like the ground-pound launches them) and then Tekka’s MAKE IT RAIN! will shower down on 'em. I can’t tell if this is a glitch or if it’s designed this way. The really cool thing is that you can perform this DHC after, say, 3C ^ sj.ABB, jc.B xx 236+B, land, perform the DHC. The timing is really tight for this one though.

Is there any way to combo into Zero’s beam super? I’ve been messing with team supering with that and megaman trigger, you can control megaman trigger’s super and move Zero to continue the combo. Kinda tough though

With DHC’s (Ken’s 623 to Beam Super, for example, or the method I just posted above your post) or assists (Casshern, Roll and Tekkaman in particular).

Polymar’s assist works too.

I meant without an assist, so that you could team super after.

I’ve spent quite some time trying to find a way to link this thing, but to no avail. About the only option Zero’s got for linking it is off of an assist, like those above me have mentioned.

Assists I know work well:

-Casshan
-Roll ( I haven’t tried this, but Zach mentioned it so I imagine it works)
-Tekkaman
-Megaman
-Polimar
-Chun-Li

This HC’s potential lies in it’s MASSIVE window of invincibility. From full screen Megaman can begin his Machine Gun hyper and as soon as the animation is finished Zero can begin his, allowing the bullets to pass through him until the Skittles fall from the sky and knock Megaman out of his attack. This works with several different hyper combos, making this more of a strict punisher than anything. I would never throw this out at random, unless you’re trying to bait the opponent. I play Zero/Alex and if after I’ve built up 4 or 5 stocks I might throw this out randomly in an attempt to get the other player to dash into Zero (if they’re really close, they won’t get hit) and as soon as they do I DHC into Hypuh Bawmb. Works like a charm, even if they jump over Zero.

You can DHC from some supers into Zero’s 214 super and the enemy will be stunned long enough for Zero to do a full combo on them. I’ve tried it on Ryu’s 236 super so far. It’s a bit tough on an airborne enemy though.

oh snap. people all over zero.

Did you guys know you can do V-ism mid-combo with zero? It’s piss hard though. 6C (that or 5C) > BBQ > Vism however is legit.

Also. We’re going to make Zero the most complicated fucker ever.

Good find on the 236 super… I haven’t even messed with it.

My 26 billion combo I posted works with Joe the Condor’s assist too. Gonna try it with Polimar and Tekkaman Blade in a sec too to see how those work.

edit: Works with Polimar too, actually his is WAY easier. Seems like a lot of the anti air assists can be comboed in this way so it looks like zero is going to be flexible on who he can use as a partner. I think this is important to use assist combos so you have time to get level 3 charge off random hits. Does 25 bil with polimar.

Any luck with finding high damage combos with a Mega Assist. <_<

Also, has anyone experimented with multi-hit assists + command dash to low pokes?

Like during a block string, summon an assist that hits high, multiple times, and do a command dash A into a low A on an auto-guard dummy or something.

Every time I’ve done it on a human, i’ve gotten a hit in. 100% for 7/7 attemps. Me thinks it might be unblockable, but that’s just me dreaming.

ok the OTG super thing, I can get it off of ground combos and I got it ONCE off of an air combo ended in j.236B but this is kinda inconsistent. Can you guys get it 100% on air combos? If so any tips?

j 2a = the ultimate mix up.

I’m hitting it about 80% of the time. The only suggestion I can give is to DHC at the earliest point that he “ground-pounds.” Also, make sure that you’re performing a aerial rave ending 236+B that allows you to land early enough to perform the DHC in the first place. I’ve been using: 3C ^ sj.AABB, jc.BB xx 236+B, land, 236 Super, DHC’d into whatever.

Also, I’ve noticed that if you delay your DHC just a bit after he punches the floor more beams come out. This makes certain DHC’s possible that aren’t if you DHC to soon. I.E. with Zero/Morrigan,
2C xx 236 Super DHC’d into Morrigan’s Rocket super (her 236 Super); if you cancel too soon Morrigan’s rockets will miss, but if you delay it properly they’ll hit.