Zero- Combo Thread

I spent most of my evening yesterday making this video which is just some BNB and a few tricks.

[media=youtube]L5wVEalt8Fc[/media]
(Gunna add stuff in the video’s description later)

So start finding them pringlez combo’s for Zero!

B&B
5A, 5B, 2B, 3C, Jump, B, B, Jump, B, B, 236B - Looks like Zero’s best B&B if you wanna be conservative. You also get a knockdown and Zero lands next to the opponent. Damage is between 11,000 and 12,000.

:wonder:

You can get a lot more out of Zero on the ground than that.
17 hits, 12.3-ish damage: :snka:, :d:+:snka:, :snkb:, :d:+:snkb:, :snkc:, :df:+:snkc:, sjc, :snkb:, :snkb:, double jump, :snkb:, :snkb:, :dp:+:snkc:

Actually, the 5C scales the damage down a bit, it’s a mystery how you arrived at those numbers.

With the number I got ingame? The scaling in this game is nothing like SF4’s, generally, more hits = more damage.

Infinite is right. Using Zero’s 5C in combos always lowers the final damage. I believe this is his strongest bnb so far with no supers or baroque. 5A, 2A, 5B, 2B, 3C, sjc, 5A, 5A, 5B, 5B, double jump, 5B, 5B, 623C does around 13.300 sometimes does a bit more.

jump in (or tiger knee) :snkc: divekick, :snkb: :d::snkb: :snkc: (1 hit ONLY) :df::snkc: :snka::snka::snkb::snkb: dj :snkb::snkb:, :snkc: shoryu
that’s about 16K
(from the other thread)

and 12.8k is right for Varleran’s combo. Make sure that in training mode you don’t have your dummy at the end of his lifebar or the damage will scale more.

That is obvious. when I do Varleran combo I never end up with that much damage, it’s always around 10,500 damage. When guts is activated it’s around 8,000.

Anywho if you wanna get fancy here’s a Baroque/assist setup I’m experimenting with

5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 6C, BAROQUE, 5A, 5B, 2B, 3C, Jump, B, B, Jump, B, B, 236B - Combo can be done with a Ryu/Morrigan style assist instead of the Baroque. You’ll net about17,000 damage maybe.

Ok. So, everyone knows that you can switch your charge, right? (meaning if you are charging Heavy, then you can hold Light and let go of Heavy and you will still have your charge).

So, if you want to get fancy, and are good at holding charges:

Near the corner:
Start charging B or C, 5A (hold), 5B, 2B, 3C, j.B (pause ) B, dj.BB, Release A (lvl 3) XX 214A, land, 5B, 2B, 3C, j.AABB, dj.BB, 235B – 19.1 Billion Damage.

The opponent needs to be in the corner before the first shot is let go. The initial charging can start right before the combo…just make sure that you have a lvl 3 shot by the first time you let it go.

BNB:

5A, 5B, 2B, 3C, 623A xx 5A, 3C, j.AABB, dj.BB, 236B – 15.1 Billion Damage.

BNB with baroque:

5A (hold A), 5B, 2B, 3C, j.B (pause) B, j.BB, (release A), 10% baroque*, land, 5B, 2B, 3C, j.AABB, dj.BB, 236B – 17.9 Billion

5A, 5B, 2B, 20% baroque, 5B, 2B, 3C, 623A xx 5A, 3C, j.AABB, dj.BB, 236B – 20.6 Billion

5A, 5B, 2B, 30% baroque, 5B, 2B, 3C, 623A xx 5A, 3C, j.AABB, dj.BB, 236B – 27.6 Billion

*This is a very tough Baroque to do.

^^I like what I just read. I knew about the charge switch but i thought setting up a combo off of it would be a bit inconsistent. I was wrong it seems.

First combo is challenging as hell to do at least for me.

Posted that loop with the level 3 shot in the corner yesterday in the general section, it does good damage. Also found an infinite in v-ism but it’s hard to do.

Basically you combo into v-ism (using an assist that leaves them grounded) 5B 2** 5C ]B[ 5B 2** 5C ]B[

Gotta delay in between 2B and 5C and then a second more after 5C. I’m still trying to perfect it but i’ve gotten 3-4 loops out of it so far.

Also if you wanna use an assist and baraoque and use the corner combo Zero can do some ridiculous damage. I hit 42 billion yesterday with Ryu assist.

Standard combo using ryu assist in the corner does about 24 billion. Very good damage for zero.

Posted that loop with the level 3 shot in the corner yesterday in the general section, it does good damage. Also found an infinite in v-ism but it’s hard to do.

Basically you combo into v-ism (using an assist that leaves them grounded) 5B 2** 5C ]B[ 5B 2** 5C ]B[

Gotta delay in between 2B and 5C and then a second more after 5C. I’m still trying to perfect it but i’ve gotten 3-4 loops out of it so far.

Also if you wanna use an assist and baraoque and use the corner combo Zero can do some ridiculous damage. I hit 42 billion yesterday with Ryu assist.

Standard combo using ryu assist in the corner does about 24 billion. Very good damage for zero.

Basically you do (charge A) 5B 2B 5C 6C ryu assist run up 5B 2B 5C 3C j.BB JC j.BB release level 3 shot j.214A land 5A 5B 2B 5C 3C j.AA j.BB JC j.BB j.623C.

Get rid of the 5C’s from the combo, and it will probably do more damage. I tested alot of Zero combos today, and (of the ones I tried) 5C always made the final damage lower. In fact, 5C with 3-hits did the lowest final damage, 5C with 2-hits did a little more final damage, 1-hit did a little more final damage, and no 5C did the most final damage.

The combo is hard till you get the timing. It is a little weird…just keep at it. I can do it consistantly after about an hour of working on it. Also, when switching charges, make sure that the button you are switching to is fully depressed before you let go of the original charge button…just as a way to make sure you are not going to shoot early.

why do these boards use numpad instead of directions

I don’t see the issue with using

There was a whole article written up on SRK before, I dunno where it is now, but it basically summed it up by saying that numpad notation only serves to add an unnecessary barrier for newbies to climb over, especially when the directional arrow notation system here is so easy to use.

And yeah, cut out my C in my combo.

I don’t get damage scaling sometimes. Especially with a character who already has relatively low damage.

to prove that their 1337.

It’s stupid silly and asinine pretty much serves no purpose. Varlean summed it up perfectly.

i do agree but such is the nature of the community; there is always going to be a communication barrier between the vets and the newbies. For example a noob might be a bit puzzled when he lurks the forums looking for genuine advice o the fighter he’s playing and finds that the forum is riddled with terminology footsies, kara canceling, IADs, frame advantage ect. I used to be that guy not too long ago asking wtf are these things until I got serious about my game and tried to learn the lingo. It really can’t be helped, you have to apply yourself in order to learn and that doesn’t just stop at learning what buttons to press.

But it’s our duty as the vets to compromise by explaining the terminology in a friendly manner. So we can not use numeric notation or the OP can post a legend explaining what they mean. It’s as simple as that.

why are people so whiney on the boards now? Not only is it really easy to learn, it’s also irrelevant to the thread. You could always ignore the posts with numbers in them if you want. These people are helping you guys, they can post however they want

Are there any team supers fast enough to combo into Zero’s v-ism?