Zangief Q&A Thread

I like the vtrigger reset thanks.
Your advise on popping vtriggerworks for now but as people learn it won’t.
On guard the short version of his vtrigger is -6. When people learn they will do a full punish on it. The other reason it popping it quick is a bad idea is that Giefs vreversal is the best in the game. Everyone else’s shoots them across the screen his leaves then -3 to capitalize on the white life damage.
Vtrigger has to be situational.

I only bother with Vtrigger if I know im catching them.

I’ll save it for V-reversal until then.

Good point about vreversals. To be honest I have not worked them into my game yet.

How can I connect Gief CA after ch HP, f+HP, d+MP to CA,I always wiff… is there a trick to make it easier or you just need to do it asap

Yep, you just have to do it VERY fast after the cr.MP, pretty sure someone posted a vid that shows it in one of the other threads.

Do regular throws always have priority over SPDs (aside from EX SPD)?

The biggest weakness in my game so far is dealing with neutral jumps. Those who wakeup neutral jump, neutral jump against my dash spd attempts, and then mixup the jump blockstrings and tick throws really mess me up. Any advice here?

Air spd is your friend. It’s gief, sometimes you got to make them hard reads.

Tech throws when they are predictable, otherwise just block. A throw is preferable to a full combo. Plus a lot of people still don’t hit confirm well and you can punish them.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost online simply because lariat just gets stuffed. So many jump happy freaks it’s ridiculous and in this game one jump in combo is massive damage. Basically you have to lariat as soon as you see them jump now. I almost always just use st.jab now for aa.

I just st.jab or cr.HP

Both beat nearly every jump in at almost any point.

Whats the use of bear grab outside of EX?

Using it to catch them for being terrified to move.

Bear grab is my least used move because I like to save it as a surprise at the end of matches. Walk-up s.lk to bear grab catches a lot of people. During your jump mixup blockstring just do one c.jab then bear grab.

Tick lk > bear grab.
Use heavy bear grab to catch Sims TPs.

What’s the advantage of tick bear grab over tick SPD in that situation?

Corner carry and it looks sick.

And you get a meaty.

Anything except hp?

f.MK, f.HP, st.HK

Why I haven’t been doing that…