Yun vs. Akuma

Actually this is shown pretty well in those Hayao vids that came up a while ago. Ultradavid posted the link in the vid thread. Hugo whiffs s.mp because of teleport but catches Akuma with Gigas right after.

did it this weekend, that shit is correct, and the timing is loose, so don’t worry.
in fact, you can do this:

meaty s.strong on wake up. if you see the teleport start up, cancel into command throw and you will grab him:tup: :tup: :tup: …fuck the teleport, yun has the advantage vs. akuma on wakeup, me and my akuma friend have decided this.

Damn, so normal command grab with Yun grabs the teleport startup?

Damn…

yup:rock:…but it’s easier in GJ. that grab is ownage…and so is remy’s kara-throw, i had no idea it was so nasty!lol

little trick for people who still get hit by rh hurricane kick after blocking it:
after you block the first hit, immediately hit low forward, after it wiffs, you can hit akuma with d.shortx2xxjab rushpunch.
^here’s why this is so gangsta:
say the akuma player decides to wiff a short hurricane kick in hopes of punishing the low forward. well, the low forward comes out so fast and stays out so long that he will get hit by it. even if he does the forward hurricane kick, you can just grab(regular grab only, command is to slow and so is d.short…you will get psychic dp’d:sweat: )

wiff the low forward.

if you’re in gj, just mash on d.short till you see it start hitting him, lol:clap:

:mad:

Actually here’s another nice trick for dealing with RH hurricanes. Only works for the RH version though.

If you crouch block, then first hit will touch you. Rest of it seems to go over you and the last hit can usually get you from the other side. If you can time a low forward to coincide with that last hit, it actually ducks Yun/Yang just that extra bit so that the last hit whiffs as well, and Akuma will land into your forward which you can combo :tup:

Hurricane spamming is cheap, but there are ways around it :arazz:

easy ways, it would seem.:razzy:

heh the first post was like 2 months ago. Haven’t seen that guy since :sweat: so I don’t know what kind of results I can give on this thread’s feedback.