Your Top 5/Bottom 5 Alt/Swap Costumes + Costume Discussion

Well as far as Guy goes the default one is by far the best. Everyone else? It’s up for debate. I kinda dig super hero Bob and Lars Ken.

Tux Ken, eh? It’s a step up from Cowboy Ken in SSF4. I always pictured that Ken rasslin’ up some Shoryukens or something.
Also, Juri Alisa is awesome. It makes me want to get the DLC and always use that outfit on her.

Could someone list who each character is supposed to be parodying?

I know some of them but not all.

Will all the alt come in one pack, or do we have to purchase them separately like Street Fighter?

much better link and your avatar is fucking sick.

Top 5:

1. Akuma’s samurai-demon alt
  2. Alisa’s juri alt
  3. King’s alts (both)
  4. Bison zombie alt
  5. Xiaoyu’s chun li alt (looks better on her then on chun)

Bottom 5:

1. Hugo shoulder pad alt
  2. Ken’s lars alt
  3. Rufus cherub alt
  4. Sagat speedo alt (wtf?)
  5. Bryan’s “urien” alt

Honestly thought there are so many bad alts that even for $1, I won’t be buying hardly any of them. Vast majority of them look very cheaply done.

Top 5:

1. Sakura Swap (her alt should have been Karins cos or Mikas)
  2. Poison Swap
  3. Elena Alt
  4. Christie Swap
  5. Asuka Swap

Bottom 5:

1. Bryan Swap
  2. Ken Swap
  3. Rufus Swap
  4. Ryu Alt
  5. Akuma Swap

Cody’s alt where he stole Edi E. 's clothes and wears them over his prison outfit is the best. PRISON ESCAPE OUTFIT.

King’s alt is so damn sick and they gave Cammy a King costume. It’s like they read my mind.

To begin with, I must admit that, in general, the alternate costumes are way better than the swap ones. But it is true that most of the alternate costumes are very “Halloween” themed and doesn’t really fit in the game. They are funny but I don’t see myself using them. In that sense, I prefer some of the swap ones. Anyway, here’s my Top:

Best Alternate Costumes

[details=Spoiler]

1. Lei

Robocop? I don’t like the character that much, but this costume is just amazing.
2. Raven

I love Raven and this alt. fit him completely. Futuristic and ninja-like, very accurate.

1. Vega

Vega is beyond annoying but this is the first time Capcom finally does a great costume for him. Perfect, I would say.

1. Poison

This is what I was expecting for her. Really slutty and provocative, just like the character is. Reminds me of an older costume she had in some other game which I cannot remember, but if you change this into white, it is almost the same one.

1. Bob

Great one. He looks like an american X-Men. Funny but not ridiculous.

Some other mentions: Julia, Guy, Hugo, Christie (fits her really well), Jack and Kuma. These last two are quite out of place, but they are soooo funny and original. [/details]

Worst Alternate Costumes

[details=Spoiler]

1. **Sagat **

Boring. Really boring and uninspired.

2*. *Ryu

Oh Gosh what is this?

3*. Ken*

They always go by the hand, even in this. Doesn’t fit him at all, it is so random.

4*.*** Nina**

Another school girl costume? Lame. Doesn’t even fit her. I would have made a sexy dress costume instead. What a disappointment.

1. Kazuya

*Totally uninspired and boring. *[/details]

Best Swap Costumes

[details=Spoiler]

1. Asuka

What a great costume. Ibuki & Asuka team, priceless! Same color of course.

2*. *Heihachi

Well… at least we have his costume… and it looks cool!

3*. Poison, again.*

Sexy and original. I hope those shiny colors are free, if they aren’t, that would totally ruin this and Raven costumes.

1. Lars

We had Ibuki & Asuka team before, Ok now we can have the male ninja team: Guy & Lars. Love this one too.

5.** Lili**

I always loved Lili with her pants and top from Tekken, rather than her original dress. This is like an attempt to that Tekken costume. If you change this horrible default colors, you have an amazing new costume for her. [/details]

Worst Swap Costumes (no images here, they are so ugly they don’t even deserve it)

1. Akuma (Uninspired)
  2. Chun-Li (OMG, have no words for this. Soooo ugly!)
  3. Ryu (Again, uninspired)
  4. Rolento (Zero imagination)
  5. M. Bison (Almost no changes from his default one)

Best Swaps

1. King
  2. Ogre
  3. Cammy
  4. Yoshimitsu
  5. Xiaoyu

Worst Swaps

1. Rufus
  2. Bryan
  3. Akuma (I love this guy, but hate what they gave him)
  4. Hugo
  5. Rolento

Best Alts

1. Balrog
  2. King
  3. Akuma
  4. Ogre
  5. Jack-X

Worst Alts

1. Kazuya
  2. Ryu
  3. Guile
  4. Bryan
  5. Lars

My opinion from what i’ve seen, and no I don’t hate Bryan, it’s just that both of his costumes don’t impress me.

It would be kinda nice if they could also include the alts purchased previously in the sf4 series in this game. That sagat alt… I really don’t understand the thought process of putting him in speedos.

These fighting game series by capcom could really use a fat girl in it. All the female characters have cheesy schoolgirl outfits and dresses… its so ordinary

My favorites are:

Kazuya’s Sagat costume
King’s Alex Costume
Jin’s C.Viper costume
Ogre’s second costume
Lili’s Poison costume

I don’t get why so much hate on Rufus swap costume… He is a joke character, I think that costume fits him pretty well, he looks funny.

Swap Costumes

Favorite:

• Steve (Incorporates Steve’s trademark trunks pattern with Charlie’s snazziness. Very nice.)
• Chun-Li (‘Kawaii,’ or whatever. Fitting, as well.)
• Sakura (Tartan looks good on her.)
• King (Now, for the actual brawler from my hometown—)
• Ogre (Overlooking the could-slice-through-carbonadium locks, it’s an above-average take on Gill.)

Least favorite:

• Julia (There’s just something amiss with this one. Can’t shake the *To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar *vibes.)
• Raven (The clothes do not make the man, and if they were to, they’d give him a gangly appearance — like Raven, here.)
• Hugo (Stop.)
• Elena (It.)
• Gouki (Capcom.)

(All shinobi and samurai swap costumes, excluding Ibuki’s homage to Yoshimitsu’s appearance in Tekken 2, belong here, too.)

Alternate Costumes

Favorite:

• Xiaoyu (Although ridiculous, I absolutely love it. It brightens me up when I check it out.)
• Elena (Street Fighter III: New Generation/*2nd Impact *ending nod. ‘Nuff said.)
• Vega (Renaissance luxury. Handsome fighter-approved.)
• Cody (This has a vintage, 70s’ cool to it. Must be the jaunty flair of Edi. E’s hat and classy shoes. I like it a lot.)
• Poison (Pink hair, olive drab and authority. Synergy.)

Least favorite:

• Cammy (Dumb.)
• Nina (Brazzers|Nina)
• Chun-Li (Screams, ‘Create-a-character.’)
• Marduk (More arrows than necessary, all pointing toward a hideous design.)
• Christie (Not quite Carmen Miranda, though close enough to find unappealing — its execution alone, at the very least, isn’t to my tastes. Suitable, all the same, given her heritage.)

Won’t look funny when you’re hearing “hai” for the 50 millionth time

So who’s getting what Swap costumes when the store updates?

I’m getting the swaps for:
[LIST]
[]Vega
[
]King
[]Posion
[
]Kuma
[/LIST]
Maybe Steve’s, Hwoarang’s, and Balrog’s too.

So its Apr 3. Where the hell are our DLCs at? Im disappointed

you have to wait for the PSN/XBL store to update

Oh. Lol excuse my impatience.
I wonder how long that will take O.O

Wait a sec, what is Kazuya’s Swap costume? It looks like Dragunov’s costume but that wouldn’t make sense as Kaz and Dragunov are both Tekken fighters…