Your Match Videos

Thanks for helping resurrect this thread, guys! I’m assuming we’re mostly focusing on the matches we lost–however close they were? I think there are SO many ways to analyze these matches, and when I’m bored and want to watch old matches, such discussions can really rejuvenate (sp?) my interest in them lol.

After we’ve talked about these latest matches posted above here, I’ll remind you of the recent ones of mine, but they’re only against 1 match-up thus far (Akuma) :slight_smile:

I’m still worse w/ SAIII, but I’m starting to switch over to it against Urien, Q, and occasionally Chun, at least. In Chun’s case, I’ve had SO many connected cr.lks but no meter for a cancel and good knowdown :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got JR convinced SAI is better, or at least against Akuma haha. When I stun players, it tends to be from pokes and the regular leg-grab ('rana). I think I’m improving overall, though (w/ better poking, baiting/faking, and breaking their momentum w/ parries).

First off, I wanted to mention my analysis is speculative as well as suggestive, but I’ll try to find more Yuns to play.

I’m back to thinking that Yun might be scarier than Chun :stuck_out_tongue: but both are tough, I’d say. If Necro were faster I think it’d be easier to close in on Yun to stop his meter-building (I used to feel that Yun IS 3s). I personally don’t try anymore to do anything but block all of Yun’s attacks when he has GJ activated. I feel like Yun’s so fast and good that he doesn’t leave a lot of openings, and he therefore doesn’t take a lot of risks O_O

Match 1
1st round: I think trying to get Yun to the corner was about the best thing you could do against him in partic. I’m thinking it’s worth it to try and sj. out of the corner or go for the uoh when you think he’s gonna go for the command grab while GJ’s active. Yun’s also got pretty good recovery and sometimes it’s tricky to time a counter against him cos he’s already jumping out of the way after someone ground-parries his jump-ins. Toward the end of the round when you got hit by the 3-hit chain, were you going for a grab? I can’t tell from looking at the animation. That happens to me a lot against Yun. I’m wondering if trying to push him off w/ your own 2-hit st. chain at close range would usually stop throw attempts and maybe at least trade hits w/ his chain if not stuff it (since it might be slower).

2nd round: I think you had round 2 after blocking the lunge punch cos you could have stunned him, so no prob here! At the end of the round, was Yun’s whiffed grab the command grab or normal throw attempt? I think they look similar–from what I can tell. I’m just surprised the range seemed so crappy there.

Match 2 NICE! :smiley:

Match 3
1st round: Near the start of the round, after he got the sjc.hk, he went for the dive kick and it connected, so I’m wondering if it would be 1 of those situations in which a back dash would be viable, though it’d bring you close to getting cornered in that case. You won the round so maybe this situation wasn’t that big a problem (as 1 guy’s srk avatar says of 3S, “play 3S, guess and win” lol).

2nd round: it’s the power of Yun again :open_mouth: Mostly what I can think of is just being cautious and perhaps using more light pokes. I seldom use many of them but it might help my own game as well (in this case I’m talking mostly about stuffing attacks instead of baiting or building meter).

3rd round: that was a nice evasion from staying cornered, toward the end. I just don’t see a lot of openings: Yun’s so scary to me. It seems like Yun has to get knocked out of the air a lot (esp. when he takes backward jumps).

That’s all for now, and please elucidate as to how you think SAIII might make things easier :slight_smile:

ganight to all. ~N/RT

i have a lot of matches of me (younghou) in 2df …i hate anyway 2df becuase the delay and the lag …

WHOAAAAAAAAAA…NEWSFLASH YOU are YoungHou? LOL I thought you said you didn’t have taped matches of you on YouTube? 'well, DUH to me cos I remember it said where those matches took place. I remember watching perhaps ALL of your matches and commenting on 1 of your vids and how YOUR Necro seemed the closest to my playing style (and that’s saying a LOT), but I can still recognize the dif if someone randomly said to watch a taped match that was either of you or me. I guess we both don’t always notice when someone’s filming us w/ a small digital cam LOL. …'and you said you thought it wasn’t that helpful to watch vids or talk about match-ups or something, when you have opponents to play. Vids are better for combos than strats, I think. I think it all helps but playing is most important, for sure (unless you’re stuck in a rut and REALLLLLLLY need to watch someone else play the same opponents to get new ideas) :smiley:
I HATE the online lag…

yes i am young hou
i not post this vids for 2 reasons

1-in this tournaments i not have mi arcade stick…and defaul arcade stick is really bad sometimes i can’t do basic shit like jab denpa and for some reason i have a lot of work for block low
2-some of this matches are old…don’t help to much if new people want learn footsie of necro tricks

about 2df …i hate 2df because offline i have very good defense but this not work in 2df because the delay …i have a lot of troubles for react vs some shit like c.strong>dash …etc and miss some juggles because the same reason
i think talk in forums not help to much (playing is the best)…but i have a “txt” whit all mi tricks in spanish if some guy can translate this (i suck in english …XD)
but i have 2 dvds of matches of me vs top chilean players (itachi , kmion , grimlock, el puma) … i try edit some of this matches and post this later

pd: i have some matches you can find in youtube if you search “young” “hou” or “younghou”

AHHHHH: no te preocupes, mi amigo. Yo…“suck” en espaol. Pudiera tratar de traducir o alguas. Ese pudiera ser divertido :slight_smile: Por la mas parte, las palabras que creo que te confuden, como “footsie”, no son palabras reales (sp?) en ingles, pienso, tu ves. Por lo menos, espaol de Chile es mejor entender por me que Mxico! Adems, tu ingls es bueno/fcil comprender.

I hate when controls don’t work! I don’t try to meet up w/ JR when the controls don’t work, and I remember when you said for 1 of your matches that you could only do the corner grab juggle I also use, when you’re facing right, if you don’t have your preferred controllers. I suck on JP sticks :cries: lol

You’re GOOD, and I remember Grimlock (the name is from the Transformers cartoon?!), and he’s good too. Kmion sounds familiar, but other than that, I’m not sure.

I’d be interested in trying to translate your text if it’s in regular letter format (I suck w/ computers too lol) and I’d appreciate your tricks too! You post some good stuff. Have a nice holiday, Coreo! ~Nick

Oh, I can help Young Hou with the translation. I’ll get in touch with him and ask him to send me text.

YH, si lees esto, mndame el archivo para ayudarte con la traduccin (si quieres noms, eh?)

RockTakane: YH is one of the best around here, and probably one of the best Necros overall. However, he doesn’t get that many chances to shine, because there aren’t any tournaments in our country. There’s about one each 3-4 months, and that’s it, and even those aren’t that important. Still, I’ve got some pics of YH going in a 78-win streak at the local arcade, I remember that at the end of the day, his total was about 130-3. And the machine is set to best of 5 rounds, so imagine how many hours he played non-stop.

Hi there :slight_smile: DUDE: that would be so awesome. He said he has control prefs (maybe on console? but then again, it’s not a 100%-perfect translation on PS2, or so I heard). I just finished watching a bunch of his matches on YT, and I saved some as faves lol.
I LOVE to see players from other countries that shine. I had already assumed he was quite good just based on his interesting, unique advice/perspective. I’m not sure how good someone is unless I see them play well-known players such as in Japan, the UK, Australia, etc., but Chile is impressing me. I never bother to play in tourneys myself, but that’s usually cos I’m working when they’re held allllllllll day, and hardly anyone plays 3S anymore (4 has REALLY taken over :frowning: and I’d like to try Blazblue more).

I hope to see some stuff online soon: tutorials or more matches are always welcome, and I think we’d be surprised where you can get good ideas sometimes <:O :slight_smile: thanks for the info ~Nick

Where are you from? We’ll hook you up with some recorded matches as soon as YH or myself edit them a bit to give them a more “professional” touch and upload them. Also, I just got the files from YH, I’ll translate them as soon as I get some free time :). Also, about what he said, he said that he has used the sticks provided by the organization of the tournaments which were really bad for him (I can confirm this); it was really hard to play with those, and he didn’t had a stick of his own back then (he finished it just a few weeks ago), and that affected his performance when playing in local tournaments. IMHO, you’re very lucky that you have a chance to play all the new games (BlazBlue, SF4, etc.), probably the soonest we’ll be able to see them is when they get released on console, which will be on quite some time. And besides, few people around here can afford a 360/PS3. Sad times for us =(.

AHHHHHHHHH: I’m grateful to hear all this XD XD I REALLLLLLY want more good Necro matches and tips from online in general (esp. Pino matches too cos they’re just damn entertaining lol and it’s been a LONG time). Thanks a bundle :slight_smile:

'DOH: I forgot that I changed my “location” cos it used to say I play in Los Angeles, CA USA: una de LAS tierras de espaol! If you could upload the matches to YouTube like his old matches, that’d rock. I’d LOVE to see his win streaks too :smiley: lol.

I personally am VERY picky about sticks, but not intentionally. Many years ago, I preferred d-pads for console, and it took me a long time to adapt to the U.S. kinda arcade stick, but it’s my fave. The prob is, it seems SO hard to keep things working here (overused, or used too often by clutzy, crazy lil’ kids when I’m not there to supervise in a way!!!). It’s gotten to the point that I REGULARLY not only test out controls but have to READAPT and try dif things on even the SAME sticks to make sure they work! Control probs are FAR too frequent cos it detracts/distracts from focusing on simply getting better AND having fun!!! GRRRRR :stuck_out_tongue: I would play in tourneys, but I just HAVE to get better w/ JP sticks! DOHHHHHHHHHH…I’m not that dexterous, I think. 1 arcade around here recently close down OUTTA NOWHERE, and the other 1 is at university but it’s closed also for the holidays (damn them :stuck_out_tongue: I work on holidays cos I need da bread! O_O)

I have to admit I don’t like SF4 much–not only am I HORRIBLE at it (more than 3S even!), but I’m not very motivated to play it. I don’t necessarily want the latest sf game to have a very dif feel (not the basics–just maybe a new game engine), and I find it boring (not a lotta flashy stuff you can do so far, it seems). I can occasionally play BlazBlue for FREE, BUT I need a home/custom stick I can ADAPT to, and I dunno if I could EVER learn a game like it, cos 3S is just a REALLY simple game to play, imho (harder to master, but the learning curve ain’t so bad, methinx). We haven’t exactly had sf4 for that long, and I had to sell my used 360 cos I’m broke again haha. If I have “leisure” money, you could call it, it’s only cos there seldom is stuff I wanna buy. 3S is kinda DEAD around here cos of sf4.

'can’t wait to hear back from yaz! 'Btw: do you play 3S? Boss also looks to have a good Necro over there! :slight_smile: ~Nick