Your Match Videos

Hey guys, theres a fair bit of necro info on these forums but not many videos. So heres your chance to post your match videos and comment on others. Maybe we can learn a few things from each other.
Most of these are very casual unfortunatly i dont have many serious games online:shake:
So i will start us off with a few vids:

Necro V Ibuki: [media=youtube]qNAxRNR77M0[/media]
Necro V Hugo: (Fun match): [media=youtube]khW_KftDs2A&feature=related[/media]
Necro V Ken: [media=youtube]PeTVhAme6fo[/media]
(Ken again): [media=youtube]kAVk1RaeXP0[/media]
Necro V Oro: [media=youtube]xBfDSuEJR7U[/media]

Someone capped loads of EVO casuals (I think it was Dagger_G) including some of mine so i will try my best to hunt them down. :lovin:

damn, i swear to god if i wasn’t such a fuckin pot head in college i could have though of half these threads my self :smokin:

this is gonna be a fun thread… i also see alot of shit talking comming too. but probably 30% of that might come from me being drunk and replying to posts:lovin:

We’re only posting our own matches, then? We could always comment on JP matches or something, and analyze the hell outta them haha. I woulda done this thread if a friend put some of my matches online, but it hasn’t happened yet. I could try making requests to friends who might be available at some point IF they can show up at the areas where I play most :stuck_out_tongue:

i would say post only videos of players you play casuals with, no famoust players (pino, uni, etc) because that would take away from this thread and make this another, “i wanna play like this player” thread.

i will try to take some vids 2night of me, but im gonna have to ask someone to video cam me… sorta wierd though, that and the last time i seen some one vid cam in the arcade, the camera ended up being dropped. fuckin crouded in the gesen i go to. but i try…

You guys must have somthing online :stuck_out_tongue:
If not do try to cap a few matches, im curious to see how american necros play.

me too. when i lived in the states, i never saw necros. I played at SVGL with some top name players and what not… but no necros. I actually didnt start playing necro until i started playing in japan. i can honestly say there was a big difference in 3s players back in 2k4/2k5.

When i was at EVO in 2k5, i asked the japanese players about how american players play 3s/CVS2. They said, “foreigners (non-japanese) dont know the system that well and they arnt patient” then that same night, japan won vs america (in 3s) hands down. but now its a different story, Austrailia and the US are comming up good and for some reason, foreign necros, Qs, and Ibukis are popping up out of no where.

As for you GB players… I honestly dunno, but I would like to see you play some yankees just for kicks :rofl:

EDIT: about the vids of me… I played SFIV, which totally sucked balls, so i didnt take vids tonight. ya, i dont care what you say, SFIV sucks ass. After my first win, I had no stimulation at all, compleate bordome. I will never play that game until it becomes more popular than CVS2 and 3s. im sorry for you who disagree with me, so fuck off.

:fucks off: jk: I also have reservations about SFIV, so I’ll wait and see how it “progresses” :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s funny how you guys want to see how U.S. Necros play: I’m USED to them ONLY. Almost all Necros here seem to play the same way, except me :frowning: I’m more reckless and impatient. I heard, on the other hand, that JP players don’t like it when someone turtles, so I don’t want to end up turtling while trying to be patient. Some say complaining about turtling is scrubby, but if you’re not really doing ANYTHING (besides building meter), it can get kinda boring; even time-out boring once in a while (or maybe it’s one thing if you complain that they’re not playing, and another if you complain about a turtler you can’t beat). The players just vary in their execution skills, but tend to play defensively/cautiously.

I think Pino is the most original player: he LOVES to run away w/ drill kicks, or use them to get behind someone out of NOWHERE, for a throw set-up, for instance. Hardly anybody uses his simplest corner juggles, except me (maybe he didn’t invent them, but he almost uses them exclusively).

'but anyway…will let you guys know if I get some matches online.

I take it you guys have seen the U.S. matches online?

it will progress to be the new cool game, but people will still play cvs2 and 3s and some people will not pick up sf4 IMO. we have 4 cabinets at kaikan for 50yen (same as 3s and cvs2) but it was not as crowded as i thought it would be. most poeple played 3 or 4 games, then went back down stairs fro 3s and cvs2. i was completely disappointed even after my first win.

alot of j players turtle… its american players that get pissed off when you turtle. I remember some guy blow up at SVGL when he played a turtling K grove. he wasnt even drunk or good, but he hates turutles. I have never seen j players get mad, they just end up turtling too to couter that strategey. but of course i know there gots to be some jplayer who hates turtling. it just sucks when you give your all and the fucking turtle just nick-pick everything you got…

whats even more boing is when yun does his SAIII, gets half his meter back in the ending combo, then jumps in for some combos and spams you until his guage is built, then repeats again… that is fuckin boring, but a damn good yun.

ya pino has his name build around necro. he just knows how to abuse wid him and make it look fun too. flashy, but good player.

ya, usually against a week ass yun that can barely finish his SAIII spamming and cant parry while jumping in. or against a retarded ken who gets rushed down by necro. if you can compleatly rush down a ken 2 rounds in a row, that ken is weak. but from my experiance, the first match is never interesting, around the 3rd go around is when styles start to collide. but the uploaders never have the next match, probalby cause they lost im guesin.

i remember seing on video from EVO 2k6 (i think) that had a cool necro. i cant remember his name but i THINK it was in loser brackets towards the bottom of the rankings… cant recall but he lost to a chun.

there are good amerian/aussie necros out there though. just none have made a name yet. in tournies it would be hard to get top 20 due to the amount of yuns, chuns, and kens out there. it hurts my necro feelings :frowning:

Oh no, please dont judge the UK players level by my level of play (im not implying thats what you were doing but just incase lol). This year a couple of us UK guys went to evo and had a chance to play the Americans. Overall there was like 8-9 of us but only 4 were there for 3s (me, Zak, Harmonaz and Ryan Hart). I didnt Play as much as the other guys but from what i saw they did very well (Ryan was in top 8 and others did very well in groups). Saying that i got my fair share of win streaks too.

Someone capped most of my casual win streak but i didnt take his name :shake:.

Anyway, lets try to get some videos up.

Someone recently uploaded some FFA matches involving my gamer friend JR, but we don’t know who did it lol, yet he seems to have some influence over other players, so maybe they can do us a favor and record some of our matches :smiley: (I’ll offer some green if that helps!).

In the meantime, I was wondering how we’re going to analyze the matches: are we going to talk about what might have been our mistakes, what we should try to do that hasn’t been done yet?, etc. I would definitely like to point out what the Necro player is doing right during any given match, also. I think my main struggles to overcome are mostly universal, but may be harder for Necro than other characters (zoning, dealing w/ characters who outprioritize him, etc.) I also get easily disoriented when facing a character who has good cross-ups (Ibuki and Oro esp.), or someone’s who just fast in general.

I’d like to make some requests later about facing good opponents using specific characters, but I’m interested in which matches other Necro players find difficult as well.

Analyze it however you like but dont be rude! :lovin: i guess we could analyze a few interesting necro matches that are online at the moment while players get their footage together.

i was trying to figure out how to record matches on GGPO… i got lazy and didnt want to read the forums and what not… anyone wid the answer?

Lol, HAHAHA…I’m getting nervous at just the THOUGHT of having my matches analyzed, and I quite agree…we have enough assholes on srk (1 is 1 too many) and that doesn’t actually foster the growth of the gaming community.

'Which brings me to start analyzing your matches. I’m gonna check your links but I’m also gonna watch some of the matches of yours that I found. This is gonna be REALLY exciting lol…

I feel like I’m suddenly getting defensive cos I suddenly had a thought about the match study & critique lol.

Maybe the player (whose matches we’re watching) could explain what he was attempting to do during the round at any given moment, and what the other player was trying to do. This includes weird moments during the game when something happened that might have been accidental or confusing. I was also JUST watching some of Shend’s newest vids he put up, and I noticed a Yun player, for instance (spelled Yuuki, I think) who seemed to “mess up” GJ combos, but I think it was a deliberate distraction to try to nullify the damage scaling factor (get 2 combos instead of 1), so sometimes there are accidents that explain why someone lost, and then there are intentional “accidents”.

I know instinct/intuition is a big part of it, but it’s funny when something surprising happens when a crowd is gathered around a machine and newcomers and veterans alike have the same reaction to the same moment they’ve witnessed together. It’s ONE thing to be able to anticipate what a player’s trying to do at any time, but whenever you feel like “DAMN! that was a GREAT move!”, THAT is when I feel like there’s the opportunity to add something new to my game that I learned. This is all probably a no-brainer but it’s seldom stated, if ever :stuck_out_tongue:

damn good idea that is. i am still trying to find away to get my ggpo vids recorded (and i still have yet to try to research anything about that) so i will post mines up so everyone can ridicule me and make fun of gaijin j-players

LOL…bro, you’re hilarious. Are you getting nervous about being analyzed too? You know what they say but that NONE of us wants to hear…“it’s only a GAME! blahblahblah!” :stuck_out_tongue: (unless it’s a career for some players, too :D)

At least my idea gives us a chance to defend ourselves if we do something that otherwise makes no sense to anyone (I barely understand myself, after all).

I’m gonna start w/ Pedram’s match he linked of himself playing Zak’s oft-AMAZING (imo) Oro…

its not that im affraid of people baggin on my necro, its just ppl analysing me when im not actually playing. its a video so it feels different… but im happy to upload some of mines for display:wgrin:

OK: I’ll do the honor of starting off the critique! Here goes SOMEthing, I hope O_O I’m also obviously trying to decide whether to talk to the player as though we’re having a live discussion (present tense) or if I should just do that if they’re online as I’m typing this :stuck_out_tongue: or just to use past tense, etc., so how about a combo of those?

I ALSO take it it’s helpful to critique matches that we won, as well, so we could SLAUGHTER them next time? :stuck_out_tongue:

'Oh GAWD…that was a close match lol…pretty entertaining too, but eNOUGH of the flattery toward both parties.

Round 1: Pedram, you played kinda like me (even picked my main super): not only did you fight Oro in a similar way (relying on distance to fight before he had meter), but you even used the same pokes at the same time, roughly. I also LOVE using wp Tornado Hook as anti-air, cos it seems pretty safe if they air-parry both hits if they come into contact with both hits, and I would just leg-grab them behind me once they land (I don’t remember if I EVER got punished for trying that), but maybe that wasn’t part of your back-up plan in this case. You tried to keep him on 1 side and push him into the corner, which was good. You took a chance w/ cr.wk x Hook, since he had meter for an EX uppercut reversal at that point, which I woulda tried, too (I’d say 50/50 I woulda tried this). You tried to follow up w/ b+mp as the free corner hit after the Hook knockdown. I admit I usually go for wp Denpa or another wp Hook, which NO ONE really does, but it’s easiest to connect for meter and a little damage. You delayed the corner grab, which I thought was good, and you stuck w/ reliable st.mp off of it (I’m not sure if you can do db+hp on Oro, here). You then followed up w/ EX Flying Viper, which I hardly use, but that was a good distance for it. You did some drill kick pressure, which I DO often use to try to keep them cornered. He got out of the corner and you used the leg grab, but was it to keep him on that side, for the stun, etc.? THIS is 1 of those times when I’m not sure what the player’s doing, but maybe it’s because a back throw often seems harder to anticipate then a neutral/forward throw cos you’re moving away from the “foe”, instead of toward said opponent. You got stuffed by some of Oro’s pokes such as st.hk but you had a huge HP lead thus far, so it didn’t matter lol. You tried to chip him to death and eventually he was forced (no pushback: YIIIIIIGH!) to DIE, ERRRR…go to sleep for now.

Round 2: DAYYYYYYYUMMMMM. I can’t think of much advice here. Ok, so st.hk CLEARLY, CLEANly beat your st.mp, which is useful to know and observe. Oro threw out the scary-ass EX “Orb” (?) which makes me panic against Oro sometimes, to be honest. You air-parried the start of his activated Tengu, but it almost seemed like he…WANTed you to do that? I dunno if you woulda fared any better if you didn’t parry at all and just watch how you fall, but that was tough. You tried jumping over the EX Orb to avoid a potential cross-up nightmare, I take it, so, so far, you played sorta like me.

Round 3: You HAD this round/match, or so I thought! You grabbed after a blocked Hook. I find this useful every now and then, as well, but hardly try it anymore (not against someone like Ken w/ a good wake-up/reversal attack these days, at least). That’s WEIRD that he grabbed your next Hook attack…1 of those ‘weird’ moments I mentioned for this game (hard to figure out what/why it happened that way). Multi-hit Denpa is pretty good against Oro, I’d say :slight_smile: You got an SA reversal on him: NIIIIIIIICE. You got the cross-up Denpa but followed up w/ st.wp: was this intentional, as a reset? I woulda just gone for the db+hp at this point. It looks like you tried to chip to death with Hooks, as I often try. I guess using a dif strength for the Hooks wouldn’t be enough to mess up his parry timing, and you already know he’s good at parrying rapid Denpa. You got brave when you parried his cr.hk though! Do you remember what you were trying to do when he hit you at the end w/ the 2-hit overhead? I guess you were just crouch-blocking in case he’d go for the cancellable cr.mk. I feel kinda like he got lucky that he had enough health left to block ALL but the last of the 4 hits of the Hook.

This honestly…wasn’t the best match for ME to analyze cos I have very limited experience w/ Oros O_O 'hope this helped though and was a good start for match critique (and at least HALF as fun to read as it was to ponder). ~Nick the Yank

'gotcha. I’m sure you’re good, too. I only have about ONE gamer friend these days who plays Necro (arguably his main) and his execution’s pretty solid, I think. He also doesn’t seem to get locked down against some players/characters the way I do. I’m still a bit rigid and predictable, I think.

I JUST posted a response to Pedram’s match against Zak.

On yet another tangent of mine, I wonder what it’d be like to waltz into a JP arcade and try to take on ANY level-of-skilled players…I take it they wouldn’t bully me into leaving like they sometimes do in the U.S.? At the same time, though, I’d try to give them their space as I try w/ players over here, cos they might be in the middle of money matches or grudge matches and be really focused (I don’t want to frustrate them, and ESP. not bore them :P). I’m too damned considerate, I guess?

I’m so eager, I can’t WAIT to see your matches, and eventually (someone’s Gods willing), get some of mines online (:nervous:) O_O 'and now I must say ‘good night’ cos it’s almost 4 am and I should get ready for work/try to overcome this damned cold. ~Nick