"Your brainless antics would try the patience of a saint!" - Doctor Strange Combos. BnBs in OP!

In-depth Doctor Strange combo discussions here! This post includes his essential loops and combos with and without X-Factor.

Essential Doctor Strange Combos/Loops

[media=youtube]Nv3Vd7mYV14[/media]

1. Jump Loop (midscreen)
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m:, c.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, TK :rdp::h:, j.:h: ~ jf.:h:, land, [j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:]x2, st.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:, j.:s: (delay), :qcf::m: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

2. Alzarath Starter (midscreen)
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::m:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, f.:h: xx :dp::l:, [j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:]x3, st.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:, j.:s: (delay), :qcf::m: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

3. Flames of the Faltine Loop

First, a word:

a. Corner Version
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::m:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, f.:h: xx :dp::l:, f.:h: xx :qcb::h:, f.:h:, :s:, [neutral SJ jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:,j f.:h:, land, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, f.:h:, :s:]x2, neutral SJ jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h:, land, f.:h: xx :qcb::h:, f.:h: xx :dp::h: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

b. Midscreen Version - Easier Starter!
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::m:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, f.:h: xx :dp::l:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ jf.:h:, land, st.:h: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::h:, [dash forward, f.:h:, S, SJ forward, jf.:h: xx :qcb::h:, jf.:h:, land]x2, corner stuff.

4. Corner Relaunch
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::m:, dash back, st.:l: (whiff) xx :qcb::m:, dash forward, cr.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, :qcb::h:, f.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:, j.:s: (delay), TK :qcb::h:, jf.:h:, land, f.:h:, :s:, j.:h: ~ f.:h:, j.:s:, :qcf::atk::atk:

5. Mystic Sword Loop (corner)
c.:l:, c.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h: xx :qcb::m:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, [f.:h: xx :dp::l:, dash forward]x3, f.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ jf.:h:, :s: (delay), :qcf::m: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

Corner TAC Setups into FoF Loop

[details=Spoiler]Up exchange
(TAC hit) xx :qcb::s:, :qcb::s:, jf.:h:, (delay) :qcb::h:, jf.:h:, land

Down exchange
(TAC hit) xx :qcb::s:, :qcb::s:, jf.:h:, land

Side exchange
(TAC hit) xx :rdp::m:, land, f.:h: (this is a little hard to time, but it’s doable)[/details]

X-Factor Combos and Loops

1. Teleport Loop
    cr.:l:, cr.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h:, cr.:h: ~ f.:h: :s: [j.:h: ~ jf.:h: xx :rdp::m:, f.:h:, :s:]x6, SJC :qcf::atk::atk:

2. Corner Infinite (best used with XF2 and XF3)
    cr.:l:, cr.:l:, st.:m: ~ f.:h:, cr.:h: ~ f.:h:, :s:, j.:h: ~ jf.:h: xx :rdp::m:, [f.:h: xx :qcb::h:]x5, [dash forward, f.:h: xx :qcb::h:]xN

Converting into Flames of the Faltine Loops with Raw Tags and DHCs
Doctor Strange can convert into FoF loops from many different situations, using both raw tags and combinations with various supers for extremely high damage and a ton of meter. If you want to make a team including Doctor Strange, you might want to select his teammates from the following list of characters, as they have all been confirmed to be able to tag in Strange to do his loops: http://tinyurl.com/bgs3qn8

Advanced Combo Demonstrations

Flames of the Faltine Loop (Midscreen)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]XZMHYQduGfA[/media]

Flames of the Faltine Loop (Corner)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]L6d6PZXxPYI[/media]

X-Factor Infinite

Spoiler

[media=youtube]hXFIIHvtAXU[/media]

[spoiler=“Freestyle X-Factor Infinites”][media=youtube]jZGuocr0PCE[/media]

vs airborne opponents:
[j.:m::m::h: xx Impact Palm] x4, j. :h: xx Impact Palm ~ j. :s: -> land Impact Palm ~ :s: j.:m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ j.:s: land :m: Daggers of Denak xx Spell of Vishanti (approx 635k)

Corner:
:m: :h: xx Impact Palm -> Grace of Hoggoth (2R) -> dash c.:h: xx Impact Palm xx Mystic Sword -> Impact Palm ~ :s: -> j. :m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ j. :s: -> Flames of the Faltine-> :s: -> j. :m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ j. :s: -> :m: Daggers of Denak xx Spell of Vishanti (approx 720k)

holy shit, guide says Impact Palm is unaffected by hitstun scaling. always causes 35 frames of hitstun regardless of how long the combo is.

GET ON IT ALZARATH

combos from the bible in a few.

(midscreen) :m::h: xx Impact Palm -> fly -> j. :h: xx Impact Palm ~ unfly j. :s: -> Impact Palm [:s: sjc H Teleport ~ Impact, land Impact Palm] x2 -> :s: sj. :m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ sj. :s: -> M Daggers of Denak xx Spell of Vishanti (687,900)

Mystic Sword loop, thx to quicks for the idea
(Corner) :m::h: xx Impact Palm -> [dash Impact Palm xx Mystic Sword] x3, dash Impact Palm ~ :s: -> sj. :m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ sj. :s: -> land, M Daggers of Denak xx Spell of Vishanti (691k)

(Corner) :m::h: xx Impact Palm -> Grace of Hoggoth (2R) -> c. :h: [:s: xx sjc H Teleport -> Impact Palm -> land Impact Palm ~ :s:] x2 -> sj. :m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ sj. :s: -> Flames of the Faltine (otg) ~ Impact Palm ~ :s: -> sj. :h: xx Impact Palm ~ sj. :s: -> Spell of Vishanti (approx 739k)

(Corner) M>H>f.H>Grace of Hoggoth(M)>S>j.M>j.M>j.H>Air Force Palm>j.S>Grace of Hoggoth(H)>Mystic Sword(L)>S>j.M>j.M>j.H>Air Force Palm>j.S> Spell of Vishanti approx 621k

*I dont know how you do the picture with the button presses…lol

@Alzarath: does Impact Palm or L Swords push Strange back in the corner? if not, can you loop IP in the corner with X-Factor?

edit: we got corner loops.

noooo he beat me to it ;; I was gonna try putting different combo pieces together to see what I could get ;;

@maziodyne: IP doesn’t really push you back at all, Mystic Sword pushes you back a bit.

trying sneaking in another launcher > H, Impact Palm (delay?) > S before the OTG. then try one more red grace, FoF xx SoV. see how much damage you get from that.

Could we get notations on that, please? Looks sick.

on it. up in the first post in a few. if there’s no more space, I’ll just leave it here.

edit:
Dreamking corner loop (1,145,900 damage, 4 bars)
(fly), j.:h:, j.:s:, cr.:l:, st.:m:, st.:h: ~ Impact Palm xx Grace of Hoggoth :m:, Grace of Hoggoth :m:, :s:, delayed j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: ~ Air Impact Palm, [normal jump, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ Air Impact Palm]x2, st.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: ~ Air Impact Palm, j.:s:, Flames of the Faltine xx Astral Magic, Spell of Vishanti

Strange looking to have the most swag out of the 12 new chars.

Anti-air c.:m: -

c.:m: xx Mystic Sword :l: -> [j.:m::m::h: xx Impact Palm] x3, j.:h: xx Impact Palm -> land :h: xx Impact Palm ~ :s: -> sj.:m::m::h: xx Impact Palm ~ sj.:s: -> land :m: Daggers of Denak xx Spell of Vishanti (630k+)

Ah, thank you. He’s looking great for those willing to push their creativity. I like. You think that’s going to be viable in an actual match, seeing as it costs 4 bars (3 from Astral, of course)?

It’s weird, I heard him say “Daggers of Denak!” as the Astral Vision animation started. Glitch, probably.

well, considering it starts off a fly j.H j.S, that already means it’s not too practical so it would be best to cut that starting part out entirely in favor of a straight up hit-confirm. otherwise, I don’t see why it isn’t viable. 1,145,900 - 450,000 (Astral Magic’s damage) = a solid 695,900 for one bar, less if you take out the starting j.H and j.S but still very good damage. more than that though, I would like to see how much meter is gained. that’s more important for me imo as Strange is gonna be my Duracell.

I was wondering the same thing, I’d love to see that loop for just it’s meter gains if anyone has time!

I noticed this here also on Max’s assist me video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxKmChpqC1Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=966s I think that’s when he wraps the rings around the target, so he projects himself to trap them with the Daggers of Denak then summons the the hoary hosts of Hoggoth.

found this on youtube. Dr. Strange is at the very end.

[media=youtube]fnVvbiFXfPU[/media]

Those red rings are the crimson bands of cyttorak, so the daggers of denak are a messy up on the sound teams part or a glitch.

[media=youtube]fWRUyksIwVE[/media]

+100 for using the Persona 3 boss battle music. <3

btw, try out Eye of Agamotto xx SoV for your combo ender just to see if it works. they both startup in 31 frames anyway and EoA recovers faster. you have about 15 frames left over to do whatever, maybe tack on L Daggers for some extra damage?

so much swag

rocket punch

:s: J.:m:J.:h::f::h:(palm) :m:Teleport ,St.:l:St.:m:,:s:J.:m:J.:h::f::h:(Palm):m:Teleport ,
St:l:St:m:,:s:,J.:m:J.:m:J.:h::f::h:(palm):m:Teleport, Level 3 or level 1