You Can't Escape - The Alex Thread

I was messing around with alex tonight, I found a dumb Baroque combo that does about 31k damage (about half of ryu’s life) , heres the combo.

EDIT* forgot to mention my red was set to 20% I usually prac at 10 wanted to see some big numbers.

works on normal and large characters only
corner only, JC. :snkc:, link , s.:snkc:, :r:+:snkc:, Baroque, s.:snkc: , Launcher , jump,:snka:, :snkb:, power bomb. does 24-31k damage

works on little people in the corner as well as big people.
corner only c.:snkc: , :r:+:snkc:, Barouque, c.:snkc:,:r:+:snkc:, Partner (chun), jump, power bomb, for around 22-8k damage.

I’m working on this combo haven’t been able to make it work, because charging is weird on these tiny GC pads, blah need a converter.

Anywhere.
c.:snkc: , :snka:elbow slash, Baroque, s.:snkc: , launcher, jump, :snka:,:snkb:,:snkb:, power bomb, should do around 20k on any char, anywhere on the screen.

I also found you can pseudo kara cancel his launcher in to any special move, and you can also kara is air c into his air power bomb, I’m almost certain it gives it more range, someone confirm please.

Well anyway, I’m gonna sift through what people post and try to put it in the First Post so we can keep organized.

I think alex is up there on the tier list btw atleast mid to upper mid, only thing he lacks is major zoning, so I’d use an assist for that, hmm.
--------Alex Info--------

--------Alex videos-------
Keits vs J1n [media=youtube]O29WWDyu79w[/media]

------- Alex combos---------
Midscreen

#1 damage 11192: 2A, 2A, 2B, 2C, 6C
#2 damage 11760: 5C, 2C, 6C
#3 damage 12436: 2A, 2A, 2B, 2C, DP+C
#4 damage 11612: 2A, 4B, 1B, 1C, 6C (<- Fierce Bull Rush comes out)

Corner Only
#1 JC. :snkc:, link , s.:snkc:, :r:+:snkc:, Baroque, s.:snkc: , Launcher , jump,:snka:, :snkb:, power bomb. does 24-31k damage

#2 damage 28572: 9C, 2B, 5C, 6C, QCF+B xx BAROQUE xx 5B, 5C, 3C /\ SJ.B, SJ.B xx DP+C

--------Alex matchups-------

If you jump then immediately press C it’s a fast overhead that has enough hit stun for you to link d/f+C into air combo.

Yeah I forgot to mention that his Jump:snkc: is linkable into absolutely anything Alex can do minus stun gun maybe, problem with the move is that every hit that you link after the :snkc: is a juggled hit, so they are airborne, move has some weird ass properties.

trying to think of some good assists, so far I think the best Ive come across is Chun li, her assist is sold and you get a free air power bomb/air grab if it connects.

Couldn’t really get the timing on the snapback but, j.c 2c c charge elbow->snapback combos, curious if j.c 2b 2c c charge elbow(crosses up in corner) -> snapback will connect or not, can’t do shit on the classic controller. Regardless of the snapback you can get some fun stuff by baroquing the charge elbow on the 2nd combo and it works anywhere.

one combo i have been doing with Alex is
down+A,down+A,S+B,Qcf+B,A+D(barque Cancel)dash in,down+a,D+a,s+b,qcf+B,backwards dragonpunch+AB,qcf+c hold the c till you get the unblockable
if you don’t have any red life do the shorter version
down+A,down+A,S+B,Qcf+B backwards dragon punch+AB,qcf+c hold the c till you get the unblockable
the combo does a nice chunk of damage for one meter does a crap load of damage if you have 30 to 40 percent red life you can also add the level three after the stun gun headbutt for crappy damage or to finish someone off with really low life in a cool looking way
a fun thing to do is D+A,D+a,S+B,qcf+b,A+D,dash in 360+AB

quick question what’s the motion after flash elbow for the snapback that’s the only thing i don’t know with Alex is it on his command list ?

Alex still feels like a bit of an awkward choice for a VS. game, but he turned out quite solid, actually.

Fifth game’s the charm, I guess.

i should have came here before i got mauled by justin in this. alex and morrigan ftw! i’ll practice some of these whenever i see the setup again.

Right now, I think Alex get’s zoned really easily. But I’m going to main him most likely. For now.

Hyper bomb is the best it’s ever been. It’s one frame and has SPD like reach. Dive into power bomb fucking COMBOS IIRC. So maybe dive into hyper bomb works.

Wild stomp…can’t find a use for it.

Seriously, Alex is easy to run from. :frowning:

Yes. Dive into hyper bomb works. The only problem with dive is that its hella punishable on block.

As always.

I use it to hit overhead (everyone has an airdash into overhead now) and to punish fireball whiffs.

Oh, I’ve been trying to end ground strings with flash chop x Power bomb. Does that not work anymore?

hyper bomb as a DHC is also sex

viewable in this vid:

[media=youtube]O29WWDyu79w[/media]

NEW IDEAS!

Thanks Leebee

I was thinking of the characters who are showing the most potential right now and I think Alex is among them, maybe he won’t be shit tier in this, I’d like to assume hes upper mid or something just because he’s such a power house and his combos are doing a lot of damage.

Exploitation now. Tiers later.

Way too early to even try and predict who’s going to be good.

True that, I’ve just been playing every char trying out all the stuff people are posting, my theory is based solely on his ease of use and damage right now.

But you are right, I think you mean exploration now tiers later though.

i think only the A flash chop works. the B one hits him to far away. normally though after a flash chop, i’ll just cancel into any of his supers. every single one will connect.

so this is my combo for him.

A, B, 2B, qcf B, Assist, A, B, qcf A, any SUPER.

BNB snapback combo
A, B, 1B, 1C, 6C, dp C

edit - i did some testing and none of the flash chops will connect to a power bomb. sorry for my mistake.

That’s not true. A connects.

i can’t seem to connect it. we’re talking about the normal power bomb right? not the super.

more combos.

anywhere
A, B, 2B, qcf B, ASSIST, uf C, launcher, A, B, C, power bomb.

corner
A, B, 2B, qcf B, ASSIST, dash, A, B, 2B, 2C, 6C, qcf B.

Alex seems like a very strong character in this game. He as good speed, great overheads, grabs, and RIDICULOUS damage. It seems like you should be able to score all sorts of free damage with his mix up game. After a blocked crouching :snka:, you have option of going for a very damaging string that starts with an overhead (:snkc:>:d:+:snkc:>:r:+:snkc:), scoring one of his grabs as a tick throw, or doing whatever else you please. Seems sick to me!

Here are some of the combos that I use on a regular basis with him (damage was taken at 10% red life against Ryu at full health):

Mid Screen:

damage 11192: 2A, 2A, 2B, 2C, 6C
damage 11760: 5C, 2C, 6C
damage 12436: 2A, 2A, 2B, 2C, DP+C
damage 11612: 2A, 4B, 1B, 1C, 6C (<- Fierce Bull Rush comes out)

Corner Jazz
damage 28572: 9C, 2B, 5C, 6C, QCF+B xx BAROQUE xx 5B, 5C, 3C /\ SJ.B, SJ.B xx DP+C
damage 29657: 9C, 2B, 5C, 6C, QCF+B xx BAROQUE xx 5B, 5C, 3C /\ SJ.B, SJ.B xx HCB+C (you have to wait a bit before you juggle with SJ.B, SJ.B)