Yoshimitsu Combo Thread

On hit/block it puts you just outside of Ryu’s sweep range (his foot goes through Yoshi’s forward leg, meaning he’s just barely too far away). I think for characters with slightly more range you could back dash and still be in Windmill range.

I don’t believe it has the back dash effect that moves you out of range on whiff, however. I can check though.

Could be useful if you condition your opponent to expect it, but the mix up with cr.MK and/or forward MK overhead? If they habitually try to crouch after blocking j.HP you could (maybe?) catch them trying to punish a predicted standing roundhouse with overhead or even HK+HP tag.

I think if it could catch someone trying to jump out of a corner, the only combo you could get would be Gehosen HP ->, i think the backstep on hit would move you out of range for just about anything else that could lead to a combo.

Unfortunately, st. hk doesn’t have the backdash property if it whiffs.

Here’s a combo with Asuka:
j. hp, st. mp xx windmill (tag) j. hp, st. hk xx lift kicks, j. hk, st. hk xx lk. oni, sweep
509 dmg off of a bar sounds cool. I didn’t check how much meter you build though

windmill into tag cancel king bnb is awesome.

New project to make Yoshi god like: Get as much damage as you can before landing windmill on a standing target. I want no jump in nonsense, I want confirmable stuff. If we can get at least 200 damage to windmill to tag to reset/un-combo we could be doing some absolutely serious hurt. I’m talking 700+ IF you manage to land something off the set up. The windmill leaves them stunned long enough for you to pretty much set up any situation you want. The obvious downside is that this takes a ton of meter for expected damage, not definitive damage. Luckily enough, Yoshi builds so much meter I pretty much stop looking after I get my first bar

Well, these are the only ways you can hit confirm a Windmill AFAIK:

1. cs.mp (CH), cr.mk xx Windmill.

2. f.mk (CH), st.mk xx Windmill.

3. Flea Headbutt, st.mk xx Windmill.

4. Using a chain into EX Poison Breath, then st.mk xx Windmill. You can’t combo into H PB and I don’t think using a bar for EX version is that good because it will scale down damage too much. Still good enough if you absolutely want to hit confirm the Windmill I guess. And if you’re mostly looking to follow up with a reset instead of guaranteed damage.

But if you’re going to be burning 2 bars for the ambiguous reset then maybe EX SlapUSilly TC would be better. It’s easy to hit confirm off st.lp or cr.lp and I think it might lead to more damage than EX PB > Windmill TC. Not sure though…

Or maybe you could take advantage of a partner who has a special move that keeps the opponent standing for a Windmill TC. Again we’re talking about a 2-3 meter reset but this could be the most damaging way to get the Windmill TC from a hit confirm.

Hmmm I’m hoping for a 1 meter TC reset option. I knew about Ex SUS being magical for it, but then there’s 2 meters. Good note is they’re moving so you can use that to increase the confusion, or it might just outrun you too much to get real crazy. Unless EX PB already gets you like 300 damage before the reset I really can’t see that being worth it, and at that point even if it did you’d still be putting a lot of weight on it. The s.mk xx windmill is 180, just shy of where I want it. If you land a cross up/jump in then there’s your damage. Flea headbutt is never gonna land >.>. Yoshi has probably the best move in the game for this, just gotta make it work with damage. Also, what about hcf.k? Stone kicks or whatever should be able to work the same as SUS without as much push.

s.Mk xx windmill is 180

with a cross up it’s 226

with fierce punch jump in it’s 261. I’m okay with calling the 261 for a reset, but I want moar >.<

Also j.mk, s.mp, s.lp xx s.mp xx EX PB, s.lk is 240, replace the cross up with j.hp and get 275.

Do the same lead in, except replace EX PB with EX SUS and get 306 damage. EX Stine Fists gets 302.

I don’t play Yoshi, but just messing around in training mode:

Hugo/Yoshi Suicide Combo(726dmg, 3 bars, anywhere):
(Hugo)charge QCF+K to EX, release, MP+MK,(Yoshi) HCBF+PP, MP+MK, (Hugo) cr.MPxxQCB+LP, cr.MPxxQCF+LK, cr.LPxxQCB+LP, SRK+LK

Hugo/Yoshi Flea Combo
(610? dmg, 3 bars, less than mid screen or corner)
(Hugo) Jump-in attack, cr.MPxxQCB+LP, cr.MPxxQCF+KK, MP+MK, (Yoshi) d+KKK, f+HK, f+HK, f+HK, f+HK, SRK+P, SRK+PP

The last one isn’t too amazing, but it looks hilarious.

Im curious do you guys use combos from the bradyguide?

Nice damage. Never thought of using flea headbutt during a switch cancel combo…

Yeah, you can save a bar and not end with the ex srk. Yoshi can normally walk up and cr.LP, cl.MP, ___, but the juggle counter just doesn’t seem to allow it after that far, so I was finishing with just a quick EX to maximize damage.

I noticed that Yoshi comes off as a point lockdown character with his windmill special to switch from, but he’s actually a reset monster coming in. That same Hugo combo can be switched to Yoshi->Teleport, Overhead, Poison Breath, or even troll with Flea jumps >X). So, definitely putting him in anchor with a Shoto tatsu, Law’s punch, Hugo’s lariat, or Vega’s roll can be an 800 “potential” combo. He kind of reminds me of Seth. A weak ass fighter, but with meter and huge reset potential, he’s absolutely deadly.

Here’s my first every “Combo Video”. Of course Yosh is in it. actually has some damn good damage with 1 - 2 bars.
[media=youtube]tLnQZsSrouE[/media]

nice video, i might make one for my team now.

Cross Art from a launcher***This might be old tech but I found it out today,
You can do cross arts from launcher with a lot of characters, provided you juggle your opponent long enough for your partner to leave the screen.

With Yoshi you can do st.mp> st.mk xx C.Art, you can use 2 jabs as an alternate or for ease in a situation but you’ll get less damage.

So I was playing version 2013 and going through the change log and read this
"Poison Wind Bronze Fist: Special Move counter attack timing made 3 frames faster. Special Move cancel timing made 4 frames faster."
Never tried cancelling the back dash into a special in “vanilla”(?) SFxT so I figured I’d give it a shot. I was able to link an EX Gehosen and a H Gehosen. I looked through the thread and didn’t see it mentioned so I’m guessing its a 2013 combo.

f.mk, mp, backdashxxEX Gehosen H Gehosen

Wow, I’m still on 2012 and I had no idea that Yoshimitsu could special cancel his f.mk, mp, backdash…

I’m doing it right now in training mode (vanilla version). So it’s not a new thing, he always could do this. But in 2013 you can apparently special cancel backdash even faster.

Oh so that whole string combos? That’s awesome lol. If you can link EX Gehosen that means you can also link EX Windmill and Super probably.

You can juggle after CH c.HP in the corner. Nothing revolutionairy, but it’s something that can be goood to know I guess.

So I tested this and it’s not possible. I think they made EX Gehosen faster by a few frames. It was 7 startup before and EX Windmill was 6 startup.

Btw, you can cancel Poison wind bronze fist into Cross assault and link afterwards. That’s the only thing I could find that works other than EX Gehosen.

Also, I tested it with CH s.LP (which is +7 instead of +6 for some reason, I guess SFIV CH-bonuses don’t apply in SFxT), and I can combo c.MK and EX Gehosen, but not EX Windmill. I guess the hitbox is point blank at frame 6, then the suction comes out a few frames later. However, Super links after CH s.LP, but not after Bronze fiest, so I don’t know.

you can link EX windmill, but its harder than EX Gehosen. I tried a little over 15 times and first hit it in the corner, so I thought it was corner only, but after some persistence I was able to do it midscreen twice. I’ll see if I can get a crappy cell phone video of me doing it
Edit:
[media=youtube]uM5s9xYwVxA[/media]
Crap quality as promised. Haven’t been able to get super yet :frowning: