Yoshimitsu Combo Thread

People should definitely be using standing mp after a jump in, it’s safe, great stun if hit and good hit confirm tool. I was trying triple roundhouse > srk> and juggles because someone on here said it worked then I gave up because I never got it. Now I know I wasn’t going crazy!

Yoshi will get better, capcom always tries to patch and balance out characters after while don’t worry guys. I mained Fei since the beginning in SF4 and look at him now lmao. Better to play with a shitty character now that might get better than to play a OP character that will get nerfed hard.

law and yoshi video i made

[media=youtube]U7KEN3D1OP4[/media]

added mugetsu’s wall of text (gj btw), and a ‘swag combos’ section, keep contributing, and enjoy :slight_smile:

That video is too sick, submit it to event hubs or something. I especially like the juggles after poison breath, and the fact that you got both hits of the ex suicide to work. Awesome stuff!

Kazuya/Mitsu combo starting with Mitsu :

J.Fierce – C.Forward – Windmill – Tag Cancel ( Kazuya ) – N.J.Fierce – C.Fierce – CQB Jab – C.Fierce – CQF jab = 502 Damage, 1 Bar

You can start this with J.Forward as well, more practical for less damage, you can also end with Super if you have meter ( which is not rare ) to add 114 dmg

I generally feel Mitsu can apply this same set up, and then tag cancel and let his team mate do their most damaging Neutral Jump combo

Forgot to mention that Yoshi’s air to air J.HK causes a ground bounce. I haven’t played around with much since air to air J.HP is my go to option, so I’m not sure how good J.HK is when it comes to air to air combat. I’m sure we can make some cool combos using it. Perhaps some flea shenanigans? Just brainstorming, I can’t test it out at the moment.

J hk causes a teachable knockdown, but if the opponent doesn’t tech you can pretty much do whatever you want including super which will suck them up off the ground. They bounce pretty high so you can confirm that they didn’t tech it.

Standing comboes are awesome! I was trying this one with ken:

(yoshi first)
J. hp, st. mp xx windmill [tag] wait a split second, st. hk xx hk tatsu [tag] hk. poison breath

From here I can go with low kick to let them flip and negate the roll opportunity or just finish the combo with a double gehosen for more damage. With 3 meter I can go with cr. mp xx windmill and tag again, but it seems like a huge waste of meter since the damage scaling hits pretty hard.

With ken first i can do any combo into hk. tatsu, tag as soon as possible and hit the sliding headbutt to use the crumple state.

Here are some combos you can do if you hit the opponent in the air with j.hk:

J. Hk > close mp > st. mk xx srk = 285 damage
J. Hk > close mp > st. mk xx CA = 287 + teammate’s super damage (543 with Raven)
J. Hk > Triple Roundhouse Combo = 225 You can tag cancel after it as well.
J. Hk > Flea Stance > forward jump = 160
J. Hk > close mp > st. mk xx EX Suicide = 278

Heihachi team combos:

Heihachi starting-

J mk > f+ lp, lp xx light srk> f+ lp, mp > switch cancel > lk, close mp (chain) xx ex windmill 321 damage

J mk > f+ lp, lp xx light srk > f+ lp, mp >switch cancel > super 429 damage

J hk > st hp xx light or medium srk > f+ lp, mp switch cancel > lk, close mp xx ex windmill 393 damage

Yoshi starting:

J hp > close mp xx windmill > switch cancel> f+ lp, mp > st hp xx hcb punch 399 damage (ex 439)

J hp > close mp xx windmill > switch cancel > f+ lp, mp > st hp xx super 502 damage

J hp > close mp xx windmill > switch cancel > lp, lp, mp 350 damage

Heihachi is a great partner because of his f + lp, mp ground bounce. It works great for yoshis ex windmill and super. Haven’t played much with hei but it seems like a good team.

That’s the team I’m running. The combo-ability is pretty awesome. Here are the two main combos I’m using:

Hei: j.MK > f.lp, mp, hp xx lp SRK, hp xx lk SRK > any punch (tag cancel) -> Yoshi: lk, lk, mk xx lp SRK: 380 damage (cr.lp, cr.mp xx SRK does 377)

Yoshi: cr.mp xx windmill (tag cancel) -> Hei: f.lp, mp, hp xx lp SRK, hp, lk SRK > any punch: 445 Damage

Edit:

One other thing that I really like about Heihachi as Yoshi’s partner is that Hei is a really good all-around character. He not only has great mixups and overheads for offense but also has some of the best anti-airs in the game imo with cr.hp that trades at worst with most jump-ins, as well as, b.mp which can be cancelled in lp or mp SRK for a combo. So, if Yoshi took a bit of a beating at the start of a round, Heihachi can come in and hold down the fort until Yoshi’s healed up and ready to tag back in.

If you guys don’t mind, i’m planning just to edit the thread on single-Yoshimitsu combos. Unless you guys really want me to update for tag combos also, which wouldn’t be too much of a burden. :slight_smile:

Maybe we could have a solo combo thread and a team combo thread

I’m running Yoshi/Lili.

j.hp, s.mk xx windmill, tag cancel, s.hp xx lk angel knee, lk angel knee, c.hp, qcf lk+k+k

Grabs me 463. Anybody who can keep a grounded combo going off windmill is going to be an astoundingly good partner for Yoshi.

These are pretty much the main non-corner combos I do with Yoshi/Steve:

jhp > close mp xx windmill > tag in Steve > crhp xx ducking fox hunt xx ex sonic fang > crhp xx ducking skyscraper > ducking body + ducking hook > flicker punch (lp flicker if you want to tag in Yoshi for a bit more damage) – 542 damage, 2 meter (507 damage with jmk)

jhp > close mp xx windmill > tag in Steve > crhp xx ducking skyscraper > ducking body + ducking hook > crmk xx sonic fang – 458 damage, 1 meter (423 damage with jmk)

I haven’t really worked on combos tagging into Yoshi, due to the fact that Steve’s a combo hog. I use this combo if I land Steve’s Gatling Gun command grab, though.

Gatling Gun > tag in Yoshi > crhp x2 (while Steve still has them locked down) > SRK juggle x3 – 546 damage, 1 meter (Even though it costs 1 meter to tag in, you build more meter than what is spent throughout the combo)

I’m also in favor of a team thread, seeing as how tag combos are a big part of Yoshi’s game.

I like the idea of Yoshi/Steve for massive ass damage, but idk how the hell you’re supposed to land it :confused: nice combos though.

Another good combo starter with Yoshi is:

(jump in), close mp, lp xx mp xx ex SUS xx Tag Cancel. Gives you a lot of damage to start and enough time to do whatever the hell you want afterwards.

Yoshi/Lili example: j.hp, close mp, s.lp xx s.mp xx ex SUS, Tag Cancel, j.hk (or j.mk for cross up, depends on screen position), s.hp xx lk Angel knee, lk Angel knee, c.hp xx QCF lk. That gets me almost a full bar back and deals around 500.

Also, tag canceling of overhead and the forward mp follow up is awesome. If you do catch them and do it, tag cancel and use a normal that forces stand into whatever the hell you feel like.

P.S. I have oodles of neat Ex poison breath switch combos, but none of them net enough damage to really be using.

I have a bit of trouble landing the jump in > shp fc crhp. I really should work on shp fc crhp tho

^ Yes and adding the Flicker Cancel Fierces with Steve in is worth it if you’re consistent with them. I messed around with meter using combos with Yoshimitsu after Steve’s Gatling Gun and was able to get 747 damage doing Gatling Gun > tag in Yoshi > jhp > shp > SRK > crmk > Cross Art. It’s probably possible to get higher than that though, but it makes one hell of a raw tag punish if Steve’s on point.

Edit: Damage seems to vary during the combo and it’s possible to get about 778. Not too sure exactly what changes it yet.

Double Edit: It seems timing the shp differently during Steve’s command grab can change the damage a bit. I was able to hit 817 which is pretty cool.

How do you guys feel about Yoshimitsu’s standing HK? I noticed that it puts you outside Ryu’s sweep range, but you’re well within Windmill/Poison Breath range. Plus how Windmill moves Yoshi’s hurtbox back, I feel like j.HP, st.HK on block would be a good way to bait some nice damage or get an easy tag out on an unsuspecting opponent.

Just poking around in training mode and thought of this, figured i’d ask what you guys thought since I have no real way to test it. Obviously some specials could beat it out (could use teleport to counter some of those if you guess right?) or they could try to jump in (which could net you a counter hit combo if you can anti-air or air-to-air.)

I really don’t know, I’m just talking out of my ass. Let me know what you guys think.

Standing roundhouse would be an amazing poke if it didn’t whiff on crouchers. Unfortunately it does whiff. Not sure how punishable Yoshimitsu is when he whiffs it though, I’ll have to test it out.

If st.hk puts Yoshimitsu out of reach on hit/block and on whiff and if it catches people who try to jump out of the corner, then it might prove to be quite useful.