Ye Olde English Pub: The Dudley Social

Hey wassup man, i haven’t seen you around on the psn in a while, ive been more on endless lobbies and tournament matches now, and i was looking to see how your dudley is coming up, well man i hope everything is okay and see you around on the psn soon.

@Golden Gunman, never played 3s that much, but it really seems difficult for many of the 3s characters to work on the SF4 engine, i mean, i think makoto has the hardest time on this, i think dudleys game is not bad on SF4, surely i would like to see a patch or a fix for him, but i don’t think its really a bad character, i would like VR to work as it did on 3s, and his j.hp to hit on crouched opponents, man i didnt had a chance to thank you for your dudley guide, it is awesome!, well c u around.

I

Love

You.

<333333

hey bro, sorry i have been without internet for my ps3 for a few weeks, but im back on now, hit me up for some matches soon k?

also is there input lag online or is it just me. I lost to a scrubley 10 times in a row who spammed j.HK and TC 6 and it worked because none of my anti airs came out fast enough, i was also dropping links like a mad man, but i went offline after that and i didn’t have any trouble, please tell me thats the case.

There’s always lag online.

My lag i blame it on my wireless, thats why i say that “dignity demands wired connection” on the other hand, and perhaps some one will have more info on this, but i read a lot of complaining about how the game “sucks” online, and whatnot, i know that capcom is not using the same online support it uses for the 3s arcades in japan, i dont remember the name, but your lag i would assume its from the connection man, wired? or wireless? and how fast?

Ill send you an invite for endless if i see you online bro, take care.

i lose to Balrog and Bison more often than any other character on xbl.
Balrog because I cant always punish headbutt and I eat another headbutt ("Wow for a 9k dudley you suck) lol
Bison because on XBL he can land a s.HK after a blocked lk Scissor kick. Normally I’ll s.MP after lk scissor on block for counter counter hit if they try ANYTHING besides c.short or something with invincibiltiy.

Online is srs bsns.

surrently im bumming my neighbors wireless connection, im waiting for my internet to kick in to give me wired. is it true that the longer your ethernet cord is the worse the connection my be?

Yes but it’s no where near as drastic as you make it sound. The resistance from the wire is minuscule. If you’re lagging, it’s not the wire unless you know it has a short in it somewhere.

Man, when this forum was new there was stuff all over the place. Now its kinda depressing.

Anyway, I took a fairly long break from Street Fighter and now I am getting back into it and my links are working all the time, but my overall gameplay has suffered horrendously. Guess that shows you that breaks from Street Fighter are beneficial, but also are ass kickers.

Well the reason i ask was because im currently on wireless and the router is going to be in the next room, so i was just wondering if it woulda have been worth it to keep it wireless or just get a really long ethernet cord

ethernet, I have it therefore you should have it. plus it’s less laggy

Wireless is never good for gaming.

off topic im giving abel a try for a bit, hes so cheap!

dudley’s st.hp is so cheap

agreed

usually play with some friends since we have ssf4 sessions 2-3 times a week. but other than that i’d try and do random endless rooms…it’s just hard trying to find a 2-3 man room so i can have a long sit down game with someone. I get beat alot Q_Q

makoto isn’t bad because there are no parries, she is bad because they completely fucked the range on her karakusa. The engine doesn’t make her bad, it’s the properties of her special moves. Her normals are pretty damn good!

This. She’s bad because they gimped her important moves not because of the engine. According to an old preview article, she was too good in an early build.

Dudley is the same way. He’s not bad due to the engine, he’s bad because there’s a good amount of characters who excel at what Dudley is weak against: lengthy low pokes. This can be made not so bad with a few changes. Honestly, if HP or f. HP hit low enough to tag Dhalsim’s st. HP or if Cross Counter worked against that move, it would be a bad match for Dhal.

Agreed. I thought previously that making duds cr mk faster as a counter to low pokes would help him without changing who he is as a character. Expanding the hitbox to drop lower is viable option. The only match ups it wouldn’t change off the top of my head would be Bison & Honda