Xbox 360 rrod

to the guy who got 1 red light, what error code did you get?

i got one red light and error codes 68 and 70 last week, but i didn’t have a microsoft warranty (bought it from one of those wacky shops here in Manila), so i said hell, i have nothing to lose. i opened the HDD case and it turned out that the SATA connector was loose. i plugged it in firmly and all was well again. of course that was AFTER my profile got corrupted. the connector went loose while i was saving and i have no idea why the fuck that happened. oh well. at least i didn’t have to pay for anything.

I’m on my third 360 one died from RROD and the other would freeze during games. I also went through 3 ps2s with a diskread error.

I got one red light right before I got the 3 red lights. It was an “E 71” Error.

Well, I would say to DEFINITELY pay the extra fifty or so to get that cover plan from stores. From looking around before and after I got the RROD, it seems that about 68% of consoles fail within the first year.

And as far as no rumors go, everyone of my friends who owns a 360 has had their consoles die in a year or a little over a year. The one that I have now wasn’t more than 8 months old.

On a side note, I thought the repair was supposed to take at least 3 weeks? I already got an email with a tracking number saying it’s going to be here by Monday. I just hope they fixed it and didn’t just send it back.