WTS: PSX -> JAMMA/Supergun converters [in stock!]

Awesome news laugh!

Thanks again for all your hard work on these, it’s much appreciated.

laugh,

is there is a difference between a supernova and a supergun?

Hellfromabove built me a 19 pin(?) Supergun two years ago.

just to confirm, I double checked my brothers 25db supernova, the ports of the rig itself are female.

Got my boards today, looking good! Now time to start building that damn supergun… :looney:

Laugh
I just sent a PM with all kinds of questions since I have no idea what anyone in here is talking about, but I’m definitely interested in getting some of these.

My girlfriend said i got the adapters in the mail. Quick question though. The supergun that I wanted to buy has DB-25 ports on them. Is it easy to change it from DB-15 to DB-25 by myself? or would it be easier to just send it back to you to fix it? Also do you need the pinouts for the DB-25?

No updates lately . . . you OK over there, laugh? :lovin:

god bless you laugh

Oh ya just popping into say the converters are absolutely great lag-free.

Tested on T5 DR cab using DB-15 port was able to configure buttons to desired tekken layout using program option and tested on supergun played some hyper SF with 6-buttons.

Great job mate!

Laugh,

I’ll get back to you tomorow with details about my supergun. I’m very excited. Just in time for EVO!

-Vic

God to play on one of these at MWC (i think they were yours that DreamTR had) and they worked flawlessly.

Goodstuff!

Hey laugh, I was just wondering if you could make one of these adapters to accompany a Sigma AV7000 Supergun. I have one, and I was redirected to this thread. But truthfully I don’t really know all that much about them. I’m looking to plug your adapter into this:

http://www.setup-japan.com/images/AV7000_L.jpg (3)

If you can do this, I’d gladly buy from you.

laugh: I’m up for one those Super Nova cables as long as it is a DB 15…

At MWC, did not seem to be any issues except with the cabinet itself, but we need to do some more extensive testing before we finally put these ports in at the tournament. I can hear it now, though. People are going to complain because the screens are too high, but arcade players can’t complain that the console TVs are too low. LOL

Laugh,

okay, i’ve got the paperwork that came with my supergun. It actually is an official MAS SuperNOVA. Says here that it’s a 15 control port. 1 - 8 on top row and 9 - 15 on botton row.

I can’t wait.

-Vic

That would be great. Sorry I don’t know the name of the connectors or anything…

I actually searched for male/female connectors for an AV7000 in Japan and didn’t find anything. I asked several specialty shops in Akihabara, and nobody had any clue. Worst case scenario, you could buy some controller cables for the AV7000 and modify those.

laugh, if you want to really go nuts, you can make me more of those JAMMA thingies you made me. I’ll buy tons of those, but I know you hate soldering =P and that just means more converters I will buy from you

Well, I appreciate the effort, regardless. You would actually need to contact whoever sells these in Akihabara. I know that there’s some store there which sells them.

Thanks though. I really hope laugh can help me here. :x

Here, these are the best I can get right now.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1280/supergunport2om2.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7988/supergunport3dv5.jpg

Laugh: I need 8 more fingerboards, which means I will also need 7 more sets of converters. 14 total.

And…the adapter cable for my 15 pin Super Nova… = P