WTS: PSX -> JAMMA/Supergun converters [in stock!]

DreamTR,

Do you mean there are a lot of DB15 converters for SuperNova for sale somewhere? If so, where? That would mean that a converter cable would not be needed for laugh’s PCB converters, correct?

Also, does your Supernova have DB15 ports on it? I thought ALL MAS Supernova’s had DB25 ports on them? Thanks.

Thanks laugh.

DreamTR said “There’s a lot of DB15 converters for SuperNova, which is exactly what I have”, so if there exists a simple converter we could use, it will save time and hassle of making the converter adapter cables.

I asked him about these converters in a previous post, so hopefully he will fill us in on what exactly these converters can do and where to get them.

My MAS Supernova has the white core and is pretty wide, so I’d bet it’s a DB25. My MAS sticks also have 2 buttons on the top.

I wonder if the earlier models of the MAS Supernova came with DB15 ports because all the most recent ones I’ve seen are all DB25.

DreamTR, when did you buy your Supernova?

laugh, mine has a Coin and a Start button on the sticks. The DB15 is indeed Male Ports on the System.

Red07: I’ve had my Super Nova since 1999-2000

DreamTR: I recently got my MAS Supernova, so maybe all the older models are DB15 and the newer ones are DB25.

I got my MAS SuperNova in Nov. 2005 and mine have the DB25. ;(

It’s all good though, I just gotta figure out a way to wire the existing control panel/kick harness for my Tekken Tag Tournament arcade cabinet to these babies… It’s kind of funny, I’m going to end up spending more money on these wonderful cables than on the actual machine/arcade board! <3

I meant there’s a lot of DB15 connections on Super Novas, not converters.

I need to get another Super Gun one of these days, but I don’t want one of those DB25 pin Super Novas

as mentioned in the previous thread I too would like 2 of these. For use on my hopefully soon to be finished supergun but with DB25’s to match my brothers supernova.

laugh: I don’t have anything showing what the pinouts are. Can anyone help? I need pinouts for DB15 MAS Super Nova, but the Mas Systems site won’t load up, and I am not sure they have it anyway.

I posted pinouts for a DB15 MAS Super Nova a loooooong time ago, I would imagine they got lost in the SRK crash. Maybe you could find the post in the archives that got posted recently.

If not, I think all I did was use a multimeter on the Super Nova sticks with one end on the button/direction and the other end on the pins of the DB15 cable that plugged into the Super Nova. If the Super Nova lead was female, I used a gender changer to get male pins for use with the multimeter. Bear in mind that gender changers flip the rows of pins in reverse order I believe. If you have a proper gender changer, it should have 1-15 labeled anyway.

I tried, I can’t find anything, and I don’t have a multimeter anymore…

Heh, I’m not very technical or electronically organized, that’s why stuff like this is Greek to me…which means, I still need the pinout somehow…

I have a Naomi 1 Mother board, a Capcom I/O Jamma Converter, and a power supply. What type of super gun should I get? Is the Mas SuperNova a good one to buy? Where can I buy a super Gun that best fits my needs?

Sorry about the delay laugh but Im about to send payment, PMs are blocked for me right now cause prem expired. I do want a pair delivered EMS Express which should be $143 I believe, gonna send now.

EDIT: sent

laugh, yes, the gender of mine are male on the controller ports. Just means I need a PS adapter to Super Gun adapter to Super Nova adapter. Hahahhahahaha, but when I get a Supergun, the others will be fine as-is. And yes, the 15 pin diagram for the Super Nova is included with that 25 pin as is.

laugh,

The controller ports on my MAS SuperNova DB25 Main Unit are Female.

And the controller ports on my MAS SuperNova DB25 Joysticks are Male.

Don’t forget a JVS I/O board…

DreamTR,

Are yours Male on the controller ports of the Joysticks or the Main unit?

Anyone else have a DB15 MAS SuperNova Supergun? I think these are quite rare. IIRC, MAS switched over to DB25 shortly after making the DB15 version.

email bionic_gecko@hotmail.com

Thanks a ton laugh

Red: Male on the main unit.

I would not say the system is overly rare this way, it’s just older. I’ve had the thing since 2000, and I think any of these produced before 2000 had them. I’ve had friends with SUpergun style stuff since 1994, so I think it’s more of a factor of the age of the items than anything else.

You got paid! Can’t wait to start building my supergun… :woot: