WTS: Blank Cases - $55 Shipped

So I built these cases to see if people get interested in my work.

They are made of mdf, size is 15" x 9.75" x 2.25" and come with threaded inserts and the proper screws for top and bottom, 1/2" mdf top panel for 30mm snaps or screw buttons and compatible with JLF joystick, 1/8" plexi and 1/4" mdf bottom.

As you can see, they are unfinished; they have a few minor blemishes but nothing to worry about, they could be covered with the paint and clear coats. I’ve applied some coats of primer to protect them, so you still need to give them a very light sanding with 220 sand paper before you start with the paint job.

These two have the Vewlix layout already but I haven’t done the others, so they could have the layout of your choice. One suggestion though, they look way better with 6 buttons, and honestly, why would you need more than 6 buttons?

Anyway, if you want to have 8-buttons layout I can do it but only for the cases that do not have one already, that layout fits fine with them, just let me know.

I’m asking $55 (shipping included to any of the 48 contiguous states) for cases #1, 2 & 5. I will ship them from El Paso, TX via priority mail with tracking number and insurance up to the cover of the item.

Unfortunately, I can only ship them on the weekend, so if you don’t have any issues with that you can get one just let me know which one do you like so I can reserve it for you.

Case #1- SOLD LOCALLY

Case #2 - $55 Shipped

Case #3 - SOLD TO DEVASTATOR

Case #4 - SOLD TO Grand_Sage_Moses

Case #5 - SOLD TO metalownage

And yes, they are based on my Cute Mini Fight Stick and with a proper preparation for the paint job, they could end up looking really great:

Hope you guys liked them.

Regards,

Fearless

These are awesome…any chance of soing them with more durable woods?

shit…i’m shutting down the studio.

@slaycruz - That is my main objective, but right now I’m in a bucket and can’t afford any more tools and equipment.
That’s why I decided to build some mdf cases so they can help to get the money I need to buy those tool and special equipment.
Still have to learn more woodworking tricks and techniques, but for now I’m going to stick with mdf for a while unless I find wood in the proper dimensions.
Thanks for your comment, it means a lot for me!

@devastator - PM sent

These cases look amazing! A great builder and a real nice guy. G’luck with your business man

Oh and just to help a brotha out, for those who haven’t seen these awesome cases fully built and wired up

Those are slick, good luck!

Joystick mounts are in the cases?

@Iano, @steve14 and everyone else - Thanks for your words and the interest showed in my work.

@LLLLLFiVEL5L - Yes, each case comes with the mounting hardware for the joystick.

Ok guys, I need to ask something, for those who know, which types of wood should I get?
I think I’ve found a lumber warehouse that handles oak, maple, cherry, walnut, sycamore, sassafras, hickory, poplar and lots of domestic and exotic woods.
Although I’m not sure if I will be able to make cases with any of these, I want to know which should I use.
I’m thinking of oak, maple, cherry and walnut… and maybe poplar as a economic wood case, but I would like to hear your opinions.
Again, I can’t promise anything, but I will give it a shot as soon as I can, so feel free to let me know.

I’d love to see walnut or cherry…maybe Pauduk too.

Ok, thanks for your help, I’ll try to find those types of wood.
I been thinking of something that could be great. Just need to figure out a few more things.
Thanks for all the interest showed in my work, these cases have been selling pretty well, I just have 3 more available.

man Id like case 1

@geni - PM sent

do you have a case like number 2 but with a namco noir layout like the tekken cabinets?

@shadow x jin - Sorry, but case #1 & 2 from this batch comes with those layouts.
Sadly I don’t have more mdf and plexi to build another top panel, but case #5 could have that layout.
Let me know and I will work on it right away.

really nice blank cases! case #2 (with viewlex buttons) my fav
and in my case to give u answer at u’re question why i need 8 buttons :pensive:
when i play in emulator (neo geo game) i need A,B,C,D aligned ,i hate to have A or D in LK (1K)
i hate play too in neo geo game with config Tekken / KOF 13

@deejaycrib - Thanks for answer my question good sir! I used to be a NEO-GEO player too and I know exactly how you feel bro, but since most people here plays Capcom games or games that use 6-buttons I just went with the most common factor here. Right now I’m in the middle of something good, still running tests and double checking everything. Now I need to move the remaining cases ASAP to make some room for the next batch.

New price $10 off on cases #1, 2 & 5. Need to do space for the next batch.

got my case today and i couldn’t be happier. the packaging was S+ tier and it’s got a really good weight to it. can’t wait to finish it