"Work on your movements, Chap! Dudley Critique Thread

A couple of Dudley vs. Dudley matches from me & Mellow.

[media=youtube]xDdVUpC-WSY&feature=channel"[/media]

[media=youtube]Zntg53qtrOI&feature=channel"[/media]

Again we had to deal with lag, but still managed to have some awesome matches.

Good fights but

ultra 1 can be focus absorbed
you can punish ex mgb with ultra and uppercuts
dunno why you guys kept hit confirming 2x jab but starting a string instead of going for a big combo
mellow try too much fancy stuff

good fights anyway, but you guys style make me crazy tho, so many missed chances…

The hit confirms, led to st.hk never coming our, or coming out too late. The lag was holding us back. Second, I’m always used to do ing fancy stuff, why’s that such a problem? It’s not like I’m in a tournament or something lol?

Anyways, you see where I try to hit confirm and that’s where it ends…st.hk was timed wrong in those games, uhm…oh and I focused a lot and that’s my really huge concern. I had a random ultra while try to do an EX Jet Upper; lag was so delicious that day lol. I had no big damage combos for every opportunity I had and same for him. It wasn’t us, just nothing was going right for us that day in endless lag battle. GG’s though, no? My only critique that’s hitting me a lot if Focusing too much. I focus on almost anything just to get some ultra meter or to get a crumble and get an easy st.hk xx ex mgb, duck upper. Also, I use cr.lk, cr.lp a lot, but went straight to cr.lp x2 since because I constantly dropped cr.lk as you can see (I think?) anyways tell me what you guys think?

P.S. I wanna make cr.mk into good use, I’ve got a lot of knockdowns yesterday with it especially this A ranked Ryu who was really mashing that crouching forward a lot…don’t really know how to use it to my advantage since I need to time it so well.

Thanks. Like Mellow said lag was messing us up. Lag is partially why I’m still trying to get the timming down on confirming 2x ch. jab into st. HK.
I for the life of me cannot do this online without getting shoryuken’ed, flame kicked.

It’s very easy, just hope that there isn’t any frame lag so you can time your moves properly. In our game it was just not possible. Anyways like I said, I can be fancy whenever I want to be fancy, as long as I know what I’m doing it really doesn’t matter, and no problem, cdb2k3.

Again, any suggestions in using cr.mk properly? I can’t get used to using it.

Use it as a surprise move from max range. Luckily it’s not as bad as it was in 3s. It really depends on how you play. I personally rarely use the move because his other lows give me more options.

I figure I’ll add my own low-tier play:

[media=youtube]vPcWUE2n1QE[/media]

And I’ll add one where I do horribly:

[media=youtube]1r5GDmKVHmo[/media]

[media=youtube]o_wx0ig3gmE:UmataroM42(vega[/media]) vs. Relldaproblem (dudley)
What could i have done better in the match up?

[media=youtube]Fu8JmmPjMQo:UmataroM42(vega[/media]) vs. Relldaproblem (dudley)
This one two?

UmataroM42 was the vega player.His name got cut off lol

I saw hardly any attempts to link into st. HK, you seemed content to do jabs into LP MGB or MP MGB and throw him.
Do you normally throw that much or were you just abusing his inability to tech?
So many EX JU @_@ if the Vega wasn’t mashing, it wouldn’t been bad news for you.

I normally throw that much until they start constantly teching me. At that point i switch 2 cr.Lk,cr mk.jet upper. I need to learn how 2 link st.Hk frm forward f.mp but i find forward mp,cr lp,st.Hk easier.And your rite about the ex ju i coulda been punshied all game.

You can keep doing f. MK cr LP st. HK, that’s fine, it’s when you hit the cr. LP cr. LP you need to try the st. HK link. And you need to get that overhead > cr. LP > st HK link down too.

Here for critique! Fire away!

This is a series of 13 mirror matches (Duds) with a random dude on PSN. This way, you can see the process of me learning to not only fight the character, but try to download the player. Enjoy!

Match 1&2 - [media=youtube]IwP06kYvPE4[/media]
Match 3&4 - [media=youtube]RkmvDkXztlQ[/media]
Match 5&6 - [media=youtube]S12iOTvtq1Q[/media]
Match 7 - [media=youtube]JUBp3A6r28k[/media]
Match 8 - [media=youtube]eLqA7uiuUEY[/media]
Match 9 - Failed Upload (No worries, I won that one.)
Match 10 - [media=youtube]ofrX4M5KQhw[/media]
Match 11 - [media=youtube]HztZAIFh-d8[/media]
Match 12 - [media=youtube]PVWm-rSnpRw[/media]
Match 13 - [media=youtube]hAxZFRQWZ70[/media]

Leave me some critique and no sugar-coating pls! Stay Classy Duds!

I only watched 12 and 13, but from what I saw, you’re jumping in too much; especially with RH. You also need to practice your BnB combos, I think I only saw you do 1 and it was blocked. You should use your CSB as an anti air too, unless you’re combo’ing it. I saw a lot of chances where you could’ve stuffed him with CSB.

Excellent combo at :50 at 5&6. Does the ex jet upper usually connect after the lp.MGB?

hmm no, didn’t watch it but he might have tried the ultra and the god damn shortcuts got a ex ju in

[media=youtube]F5gO9bN5qn8]YouTube - xAPO20x [Dudley] vs Markun2009 [Ryu[/media]
[media=youtube]ZAiqDiKuoMQ]YouTube - xAPO20x [Dudley] vs samson1020 [Dudley[/media]
[media=youtube]4SIYkF8HxGI&p=082049D737843758&playnext=1&index=25]YouTube - xAPO20x [Dudley] vs Playerjun52 [Ken[/media]

Really?

Th… These arent yours? Why did you post them? I uh… I love that empty jump in followed by cr.lk though.

Here some of my dudley vids. Critiques welcomed

A match vs a Ryu: [media=youtube]rrpi43WrPf8[/media]
I think the turning point was when my opponnent just throw out his super for nothing after i blocked his airbone tatsu crossup.

Vs Claw: [media=youtube]n39gubITKIA[/media]
One of my worst matchup. Managed to make a come back win but in the end, I just put pressure like crazy without reflexion lol.
I hate Claw’s pokes and his backward somersault. Maybe i should have OS kidney MGB more.

2 more of my worst matchup where i lost horribly:

Vs El Fuerte: [media=youtube]foXeYj_sBmQ[/media]
I got perfected by his horrible mix up in the 2nd round. I just don’t know how to evade his “tortilla throw”. Sometimes I just try to advance with j.hK but if i get too predictable i get anti air with his air throw :confused:
Lost in the 3rd round while I tried to mash my corkscrew blow out!

Vs Juri: [media=youtube]OheGKrlU_jM[/media]
Her low forward poke gives me a hard time… And i just jumped like crazy and got AA pretty bad. I don’t know how to get past her annoying pokes.

Thanks.

Those essential links f mk. cr.p st.hk ex mgb is so hard for me on the stick I try buffering the moving and it wont come out and when I do it on reaction I do it to late I need help on that link any advice?

I looked hrough the forum and was trying to find any tips but I didnt see what I was looking for I am looking for a explanation on the execution of the links into cancel