"Work on your movements, Chap! Dudley Critique Thread

It’s ard for me to actually beat Abel because of his rush down game and his tornado throw. Even when I play footsies, I struggle against him. But I see a pattern of footsies and grabs and mixups to shut down Abel. I’m going to keep fighting abels to really get better at beating them. Good match, Peru.

I posted a huge write up on what to do about combos into blocked spiral in the matchup thread its proababaly a few pages back now. U1 will never work against hk spiral, it is only -4 on block.

I still only ever use Ultra 1 against Honda. And I’ve been ruminating on the person who swears by it vs Zangief.

im assuming you mean me?

I just retain ideas sir, names get lost.

I’m trying to decide whether being able to punish lariats is worth while.

it depends on the zangiefs style, both are viable, but do you see jumping more or lairats more?

Quotes plays really similar to me. Lots of spacing, little to no focus, getting worked by good players. I’d probably get perfected by the guys you’re playing, so good stuff dude.

yea i’m not really very aggressive unless im in plus frames or get a throw. i think that spacing and poking well is really the key to winning with dudley, and if they start coming towards you then it only makes things easier.

While I’m not savvy with the frames, that’s pretty much what I do. Seems the “better” Dudleys just stay in people’s faces 24/7. But we play a little more conservatively, when we get a chance we’re sure to do some damage though.

this is how i play, i tend to zone my opponent the best i can and then when the opportunity arrises i go in for the big damage, i feel its smarter to play that way, otherwise you’ll keep eating dps on wakeup and unsafe strings

@ OP

in the first video at the 0:40 mark, what is that combo you’re doing? i’ve seen it probably a hundred times, but i’m not exactly sure what you’re doing. looks useful.

im the OP thats not me, thats Liquid SRK

Its not useful, but its classy. Theres a multitude of different combos that do much more damage but I’ll give you some details about that combo since its so awesome.

FA3 - dash foward - f.mk > st.j > st.mp > st.j > st.hk xx ex.MGB > lk.ducking straight > HP.Jet upper

Like I said its classy not useful. I call this the Marn combo because the first time I saw it Marn was doing it in a tourney round. Its basically to show off and its great to practice timing if you’re not so good at it. Its also cool because it uses a target combo in the middle so it takes some difficulty out of the links, and the timing of the hits is weird so it sounds/looks really rad.

If you wanna know why it sucks post in the combo thread or beginners thread and I’ll talk your ear off with numbers.

That combo is useful because it’s high on stun.

the more i watch you guys play the more i learn, i <3 dudley

No.

Right off the bat: in the video the combo was used when the opponent was stunned, so no stun was added for that combo.

Also the stun is 519 for that combo. (possibly 524 with an hp.upper that wasn’t used) 359 damage (with the upper)
On a stun You could neutral jump HP > st. HK xx ex.MGB > ducking straight > HP.Jet Upper instead. it gives 650 stun. 402 damage.
If you FA lvl 3 and you want more stun? f.mk > st.rh xx ex.MGB ducking straight gives 582 stun 398 damage.

These combos aren’t even the strongest, or highest stun you could do. You could add a HP jet upper to my FA combo. You can replace the f.mk with a cr.HP which does 200 stun by itself. These combos are way easier and do more damage and stun.

The combo mentioned is for showing off. Please don’t confuse people with incorrect information unless you tested it and can prove your claims.

edit: Just for fun I tested the FA.lvl3 > cr.HP > st. HK xx EX.MGB > ducking straight > hp. Jet upper 682 stun 438 damage and this only has one link as opposed to the 3 in the marn combo. (though admittedly its kind of a hard link =P)

My Dudley is pretty crummy at the moment.Any critiques would be helpful.I gotta remember that c.mp is my best friend as far as pokes into combos go and know I have to break the bad habit of trying to use EX MGB to try and punish stuff :xeye:
[media=youtube]bfz14hbNUcU"[/media]

hey guys casual ssfiv player looking for some feedback. im not pro i know but some suggestions/input would be nice.

[media=youtube]sMTC8_kXd_I"[/media]
[media=youtube]YtO9TCCrJLE"[/media]
[media=youtube]0vTWCziV7G8"[/media]

take a look at my channel too, there are a couple more on the way that are currently uploading.

check out my other vids too if you don’t mind critiquing my ryu.

YouTube - kawomon’s Channel

thanks!

That balrog match hurt man, but heck we all gotta learn it eventually;

Don’t stay crouching, punish blocked overheads with uppercut (s.hk + anything when you get better) punish blocked smash with uppercut (s.hk if too close when you get better) This alone will help he to not be an ass and only use smashes going for stuff that is actually save for him, but allowing you to focus once in a while , focus is a good thing too to use it CLOSE, press focus and throw it right away a few times to keep the pressure, by doing this you might even crumple him with a lvl 1 focus while he tries to do a reflex smash on it, don’t let he jumpin s.mk is there for a reason, none of those were safe jump ins even for a 4 frame uppercut, pull some frame traps with jab > s.hp…s.hp again since you are far from his jab range, if you got the hp advantage go for low attacks on wake up only if he got no ex bar that is, then go for meaty c.lk and c.lp only to avoid grab and ex headbutt, if you score a knockdown midscreen he will probably dash, try a meaty forward s.hp but only once so he knows you got anti back dash measures, you want him to be blocking a guess game at least once before his ultra(overhead,low attacks) balrog is very poor on wakeup, while on a corner you need make it count throw him if he ever attemps a ex dash punch on wakeup mix your stuff with a throw,or just block less risky, do it if you have less hp than him, its his most safe option on a corner.

that rog didn’t played all that good man, you need to get this match up on your head, and punish all that is possible…

Couple of my matches from tonight, I know there are couple really dumb MGBs which I did, some unnecessary DPs and plenty of reckless jumping. Anyways, my basic online matches. Love to get some input.
Really trying to implement c.lk->c.lp->s.hk and f.hk->c.lp->s.hk to my gameplay, since I can do them 90-95% consistent in training, just having really hard time finding the places to hit em.

[media=youtube]JOgEubFgEMc[/media]
[media=youtube]A0EK6yM1UMs[/media]