Wolverine Match-Ups Thread

With Ammy, especially with amateur players, you can count on them spamming forward-H. It’s great for them because in the air it can go past you and make an overhead mixup, can be an air grab, on the ground starts the HHHHH combo, can grab, and is +1 on block. But if you know they’re going to be pushing forward H multiple times in a row then you can punish it with a faster attack like a simple L. Work on jumping and teching the air grabs, jumping and blocking the overhead H’s, and punishing multiple H’s on the ground by coming out with L,M,H,S-combo between them after blocking one. If he comes out with a faster attack he’ll win, but that’s unlikely since they love H so much.

Against Tron yes you should work on advancing guarding alot so she can’t pressure you in the corner. She’s pretty unlikely to be attacking low, and very likely to be spamming overhead jumping attacks, so you usually want to be blocking high; jumping to meet her before blocking and advancing guard will make it so you can’t get hit by a low attack anyway. Try to evade one of her jumping attacks so it completely whiffs, and then super jump and come down on her head with a divekick combo.

anyone getting trouble facing Trish keepaway?
my team consist in wolv/wesker(or mag)/akuma, and the trish team consist in trish/zero/dante (or sent).

*I’m getting in trouble vs all the chars who play in superjump wheight… zero spamming charged shots + dante jam session, but its ok, since he needs to get in sometime to get real damage

Where can I see these vids that you mentioned?

So the only characters that body my Wolverine is Ammy, Haggar and Hulk.

I think I have a decent idea on how to deal with Haggar and Hulk, but can someone give me a brief overview on how to deal with Ammy’s priority? Gracias

The best thing I can say about dealing with Ammy’s priority is jump back dive kick while she moves forward. If a character is coming after your Wolvie, that is often the best thing to stop them and pretty much kill their character. I’m usually a fan of level 1 X factor and Ammy is usually first or second on a team. So my suggestion?

Get that one hit, and kill the dog. ASAP.

Super armor on Hulk and Sentinel used to always scare me into respecting it but recently I realized that it’s not that bad thanks to berserker barrage since it has multiple hits. It’s unsafe against most characters but Hulk and Sentinel do not have the normals to punish it on block. Further more the barrage puts you in range to punish their normals that have super armor with standing H. This really wears them down as they don’t have solid ways to counter this. If you have meter to burn you can mash on berserker barrage on hit confirm and cancel into B. Charge to go into full combo.

How to fight Hulk? and Taskmaster?

Well there is a good way to deal with Hulk above, but I’d agree he can be difficult if you find yourself walking into his normals. Just try and bait them out, and b slash after he does them.

Taskmaster is also something I have a problem with. I just go for more airthrows than usual. His keep away can often work wonders against Wolvie. One good thing to note is that after he does his swing move, you can jump back and air throw him a lot of times. Be on the look out for that whenever he decides to be offensive.

In regards to taskmaster, even if he uses the spidey swing in a block string you can still crouch block and air throw if you don’t advance guard due to Wolverines small hit box.

How the hell do I fight zero? It seems everything he does beats out my normals. Dude basically dismantles my team. Any tips on this matchup?

Any tips for Dormammu with Akuma tatsumaki assist? Specifically having problems with Flame Carpet and also having a hard time punishing Akuma. I currently run Wolverine/Storm/Akuma.

When you see assist, dhc into hailstorm, it will always punish because hailstorm dhced onto is instant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

With no invincibility on Berzerker slash, I’m getting bodied by anyone who zones. Mainly, Deadpools. All they do when they see wolvie is jump back and shoot. When I corner him, Assist TP. It’s annoying as hell because it’s very effective against me. Any tips on how to get in? My assists are shopping cart and Jam session btw.

Learn to PLINK DASH with Wolvie and get under Deadpool’s air projectiles, follow up with one of these:

• Air throw/Dive kick option select
  • Up/UpForward drill claw into dive kick
  • Jam Session assist and a B.Slash mixup
  • Tornado claw with Jam Session to cover yourself
  • Anticipate the teleport and B. Slash or plink dash to close the distance again

Stay on his ass. I don’t have much experience against DP but I hope that helped a little.

Fuck Zero, how do I fight this mofo?

Projectile assist the fuck outta him.

And if I don’t have one?

You don’t beat Zero. You stay on top and hope to god you get a random hit in.

You’re gonna have to get lucky and hit him in recovery of something or catch him with a dive kick. It’s tough, but you only need one hit. Other than that if your assists can’t help you, you’re bugger’d.

How do you fight Haggar? Every time I get close, I eat a Lariat, which beats both dive kick and Berserker Slashes. I’m playing Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma, so right now, I’m pretty much just trying to find a safe way to get Wesker in, since that’s a much easier fight.