Willamette Parkview Mall Help Center: The Frank West Q&A Thread (Ask questions here!)

Figured that a thread like this would be helpful. Ask simple questions here!

Hopefully, this will reduce clutter in the Frank West subforum.

FAQ:
Q: How does Frank’s leveling system work?
A: Frank uses his camera in order to gain Prestige Points (PP) and gain levels. The way the camera works is that, when used at the end of a combo, the number of hits is gained as PP. For example, if you do a 4-hit combo and finish off with a camera (which counts as a hit), you get 5 PP.

Naturally, Frank starts at Level 1. The PP totals required for leveling up are shown below:
Level 2: 5 PP
Level 3: 20 PP
Level 4: 50 PP
Level 5: 100 PP

Q: Does the PP counter reset when you continue comboing off of a camera and do another one later? As in, when I do a 9-hit combo, snap a photo for 10 PP, then do 9 more hits and snap another photo, do I get 10 more PP or 20?
A: No, the PP counter does not reset at all! In the above scenario, the second camera shot would grant you 20 PP. So multiple camera shots in a combo is key to leveling up Frank fast.

Q: What can Frank do at different levels?
A: At Lv. 2, Frank gains two special moves: the Roundhouse Kick and the Barrel Roll. At Lv. 3, Frank’s normals use different weapons, like a broom instead of a plunger. At Lv. 4, his normals change again, this time using paddlesaws, chainsaws, and more. Note that the new Lv. 4 normals deal chip damage to blocking opponents. Lv. 5 is simply a damage boost. With each level up Frank also regains health.

Q: Can Frank perform a Snapshot after a Blue Light Special (the shopping cart Hyper Combo)?
A: Yes! The hyper itself does not leave the opponent in a hard knockdown state during which an OTG is possible. However, if the Blue Light Special hits when the opponent is at a certain height, or you time certain assists to hit after the Hyper Combo, then you can continue the combo and end it with a Snapshot.

Q: What is Frank’s best spot on a team?
A: I’d say third or second. You’ll want to avoid using low-level Frank as much as possible. Using DHCs, THCs, or hard tag setups (or, if you’re extremely lazy, TACs) are easy ways to get Frank leveled up in no time. That’s not to say that point Frank is impossible, but it’s far from ideal, honestly.

Q: What are the best ways to level up Frank?
A: DHCs out of Nova’s or Skrull’s supers, THCs or DHCs with Dante/some other characters, or hard tags with Spencer/Magneto/many others will do the trick. You can also opt to TAC, but it’s not recommended as a primary method of leveling Frank up, since they aren’t guaranteed.

Q: So who should be on my team?
A: In the end, that’s entirely up to you. Team questions can be asked in the [team-building thread](Group Photo Ops- The Frank West Team Building Thread in this forum. The general team building thread [here](Official and Only Team Building Thread (ALL TEAM BUILDING TOPICS GO HERE) works well, too.

Be sure to check out the other stickied threads in this subforum for more info:
[General Frank West discussion thread](I've covered wars y'know - Frank West thread
[Combo thread](My Most Violent Shot: The Frank West combo thread
Video thread
[Leveling up thread](Frank West Level Up Strategies

Now go out and cover some wars!

Stupid Question: What’s so good about Frank’s roll, people are hyping it like it’s big shit, I’m sure I’m missing it.

There’s invulnerability, think of it like a teleport.

Just watched Max’s assist me for Frank and I thought it was incredibly interesting how experience is equal to the amount of hits in a combo. Can Frank West gain multiple levels with one combo? (If he does a 100hit combo, can he go straight level 5?)

Yes, people have already posted some things such as Wildvine’s Inferno DHC.

One Big decisive life changing question: Does taking Multiple Pictures “resets” the hitcount, or it just racks it up?

If it is not clear is it like:
1- 10 hit combo -> SMILE + assist -> 10 combo again -> SMILE = 30 (or 32)
2- 10 hit combo -> SMILE + assist -> 10 combo again -> SMILE = 20 (or 22)

*no hitcounts from assists were used in the making of this formula

In case you may not find the proper words (some people do y’know), is it 1 or 2???

Thank you.

97.31% sure that it’s like 1. At least, that’s what others have reported.

If it is 1, then getting into level 5 is somehow possible with 2 multi hitting assists from one combo, provided hitstun allows it. I can rest asure that I would hit level 4 the moment I can hit the opponent (again hitstun and stuff =l).

His “gimmick” is not much of a gimmick afterall, rewards you for getting the first hit on the opponent while still having large health and tools to play level 1.

From the way its looking i was wondering if spencer’s wire grapple can grab the person after the snap shot?

Would Franks cart super finish before iron rush punch super so that frank can get two shots off or a shot then lunch. I know u dont have the game but from the way they look will they work together.

The snapshot does lift up the opponent quite a bit, so it’s possible. I don’t have the game, though, so don’t take this as 100% confirmation.

Added a little FAQ in the OP. I’ll think up more questions to put in, later.

What’s the difference between level 4 Frank and level 5 Frank? All I’ve heard is that he does more damage and has better priority on his moves. Can somebody give some numbers about the damage increase? Or give examples about his better priority?

What i’m asking is, how big is the difference? Should i always worry about hitting level 5, or can i compete at level 4 just fine?

From what I understand, Frank gets a 10% damage boost off of everything he does. That’s the only different I am aware of.

10% doesn’t sound like much, but maybe it adds up to a lot in combos.

Or maybe I’m being too optimistic. From what it sounds like, you don’t need to make too big of a deal about getting to Lv. 5.

Does zombie toss (not zombie swinging attack) counts as projectile or a seperate disjointed physical hit? If Projectile does different zombies offer different durability?

And for the Zombie swing attack, is Frank invincible like TvC version (since he is technically in a grabbing state) or have armor?

When you do a team hyper combo and mash, does the mashing increase damage/hits of both/all supers or just point character’s super?

Zombies are projectiles. I’ve heard that their durability is low-ish. They’re stil good zoning tools, though.

For giant swing, no to both (I think). However, it can stuff projectiles and has short recovery.

Could I ask for someone to test a few really simple things? I’ve been toying with Frank being assisted by certain characters and wondering if the following work.

Frank basic air combo into OTG camera, combo-extended by…

• any of Nova’s assists such that the combo can be continued, ideally leading to another OTG camera with another assist (such as Amaterasu Cold Star)? Or the reverse, using Nova’s assist at the end of the combo (such as Gravimetric Pulse shield form) to get multiple shots in?

• Storm’s Whirlwind assist, leading to situation above? Alternatively, Storm on point and starting a Hail Storm/Ice Storm that you immediately DHC into Frank’s Blue Light Special (e.g. the hail has just started falling, so ideally Frank’s weapons cart ends while the storm is still in progress and he can get a photo off it)?

• Any of X-23’s assists, such that you can continue the combo and end it with another OTG Camera/Amaterasu Cold Star situation? Would prefer Ankle Slicer but will take what I can get.

- Chris’ Gun Fire leading to the rest of the combo with Frank/Ammy? Confirmed by Chrisis, thanks!

I can confirm the camera to Chris gun fire assist relaunch since I got to try it yesterday, worked just fine and wasn’t hard to do.