Willamette Parkview Mall Help Center: The Frank West Q&A Thread (Ask questions here!)

Thank you! I’ll edit the post to mark that confirmed.

I ended it with a jam session assist ender afterward, I assume Ammy enders will function similarly.

I can’t seem to fit in a camera shot with X-23 ankle slice. Her others don’t seem to work ether.
Nova B assist (Centurion Rush) is weird, I can only get it too relaunch in the corner. He sent opponents to far mid-screen.
Positive is if you ending it with Nova you can fit two camera since he bounce them.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for letting me know, Canti!

Hey, does anyone have the timing down for Frank’s Plunger down? I mean D. sj. BC xx Plunger ~ B xx Plunger ~ B xx Plunger ~ D. I can’t get the D after the third plunger. keeps teching, but apparently it’s possible.

I believe the third plunger might be character specific because some characters float too high, not to mention the combo needs to be slimmed down so HSD doesn’t fuck the combo up.

Do Plunger BD at the end instead of just D. It’s still tough, as they have to be just high enough to get 3 reps.

when doing the plunger combo, doing j.:m:,j.:m: xx plunger makes the timing a bit easier. It puts you in a better spot to allow for more plungers. And yeah, you should end it with j.:m:, j.:s: because doing just j.:s: will whiff.

Can anyone with the guide tell me at what levels is Survival Techniques more damaging than Blue Lite Special?

A couple questions with Frank:
1st question: I may just be executing it wrong, but let’s say I go through a regular combo with L, M, H, S, L, M, H, S then otg hammer. So, after I connect the hammer, I can go into another launcher and relaunch. But, when I attempt to follow up, the target just falls out of my combo! I checked the combo thread and it seems like my medium should connect! So, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.
2nd question: Some of the characters I use include Task, Spencer, and Deadpool. I’ve sen some great combo extenders with Dante/Dorm assist, but those aren’t characters I play. So, does anyone know of any simple assists from my characters, or other characters, that can extend combos? Particularly I’ve seen someone use otg hammer and superskrull’s assist to follow up with a bat wall bounce. Any ideas for a way to reproduce this?
P.S. I’m pretty noob-ish with assists, so any help would be appreciated!

From Hotobu in the GD thread.

^ still vomits

1st question: It depends on the level Frank is at trying to use the hammer for OTG. At Level 1 and 2, the OTG hammer is rather weak and you cannot launch unless you use an assist before the hammer. Once at Level 3, the hammer adds a ground bounce which makes it possible to launch without assists, Just be sure that you don’t use a ground bounce before then, for example, Air S.

2nd question: In all honesty, Frank has every tools he needs to be quite adaptive with most of the characters, so that’s something you’ll have to personally play with yourself to find who’s right for your style. It may feel a bit restricted, but Taskmaster’s forward arrows may do the job to pressure the opponent while approaching and may extend Level 1 and 2’s OTG hammer. Spencer’s Wire Grapple will bring the opponent from the air to ground for an extended ground combo so use that after OTG hammer. And Deadpool’s Katana-rama is an alternative OTG without having to use the Level 3, 4, and 5 hammer and not loose the ground bounce or if you already used it.

Does Frank have a safe blockstring? I plan on using assists to keep him safe, but it would be nice to know I can’t get punished after ending a blockstring with camera or some other move.

end with :l: giant swing instead (zombie toss), much safer than camera and gives you a free combo if it hits and if you’re quick enough. The safest though is roll and then cancel into zombie toss. Crazy good mix up with assist and is good for pressure too

Nice stuff man, thanks. Getting to level 2 for that roll should be cake anyway.

What kinds of combos have people been working on at level 3? I have my setups in the works for getting him there with 20-25 exp, but I’m hoping to make it so that next time he hit confirms I can at least get him to 4. Anybody have something like that in the works/suggestions? Would really appreciate it.

I’m running Spencer/Frank/Wesker btw, so while I have combo extenders no problem not much in the way of THCs or multi hitting assists.

I have a couple of questions:

How do you move in against zone-heavy opponents? I found myself struggling to fight against a gun/teleport happy Wesker covered by zero projectile assist. Same thing against a Ghost-Rider S backed by Strange’s bolts.

On the same note, what are frank’s anti-zoning options? So far all i know is the camera, but that’s around mid-range.

you could throw a zombie( charge back, then forward + attack) and wavedash behind it. there’s also his pie projectile forward + h

[media=youtube]doPWHr8bPuw[/media]

Sometimes when I do this combo, at the end the enemy just pops out. How am I mistiming it? Do I need to get a camera as last hit or Eye of Aggomato as last hit for them to fall properly?