Will there be a KoF game to celebrate the 20 year mark?

I think you’d see a 3D Samurai Shodown or 3D Fatal Fury game before you’d see another KOF.

SNKP released a video about Rock following up on his ending from Garou. That’s about it.

Link?

It was a bitch finding this again. Here it is

Also, even though many people would like to forget it, KoFXII was the 15th anniversary game. It’s not out of the question that SNK would do a 20th game.

Will SNK please stop trying to make a 3D Samurai Shodown? It will never work! What they should do is make a SS with the same HD style 2D sprites as KOFXIII, or something like what Arc Systems is doing with Guilty Gear Xrd.

3D models doesn’t mean 3D game.

if I had my wish, they would make a minimalist SS game with gorgeous sprites (well filtered 3D models like GG Xrd would be acceptable as well) with only like 10 characters and like two buttons. hard slashes would kill in one hit and there would still be a few special moves per character. I practically wrote out a whole design document for a SS like this when I was bored one day.

more important than that is just for them to make a new FIGHTING game. no pachislot, no card fighters clash, no fanservice visual novel. c’mon SNK.

Hey now, let’s not go overboard here…

And this thread will be moved to the KOF Subsection where all FGD KOF threads go to die permanently.

Are you saying you DIDN’T buy Days of memories?

I want a new Metal Slug. How can you be so heartless?

Am I the only that thinks SNKP would benefit a lot from making some kind of F2P KOF a la Tekken Revolution?

But then again they would have to build a competent netcode and ugh whatever, if they’re making some kinda 20th anniversary KOF then best wishes hugs and kisses, just don’t fumble on the netplay please.

uh… no…?

whoa hey buddy, I would totally be down for that!! especially with how Mercenary Kings teased me (and let me down), I am all for a new Metal Slug.

The rumor right now is the new hires for 3D animators are working on a new KoF to be released next year.
Not sure how much of that I believe, but I’m hoping that would be the case.

KOF 94 Re-bout II

I could be wrong… but to those asking for sprites… Don’t sprites cost significantly more to make than 3D models? That’s what Sf4 went for, no?

Sprites cost less technically but they take a shit load of more time to do instead of 3D models. Time is money after all.

That’s why I think you’ll see a 3D SS or Fatal Fury/Garou over KOF. Doing 30-40 characters even in 3D is going to be expensive as fuck and take a helluva a lot more time than an SS or Garou game where they could get away with 12-15 characters.

Wouldn’t be too surprised if we saw Xrd styled pseudo-sprites in a new KoF, I’d certainly be up for it.

What’s the point? They’ll botch the netcode anyway…