Why is Q so underrated?

3 Taunts and the match can be in his favor. Problem is finding ways to get the taunts in without eating too much damage.

landing SAII will give you more than enough time if you choose not to juggle
the problem i have as a q player it landing the command grabs on certain chars.
(ken makoto) i cant throw them and it fucks up my whole game

He has a huge hit box, he’s slow and he can’t punish jack shit without kara throwing. All his normals are either too slow, don’t reach far enough or aren’t cancelable. He has no way to get people off him besides parrying. That’s why characters like Yun destroy him so badly.

what does ‘snip’ mean?

Q actually is sort of underrated. A lot of people put him below Hugo or even Twelve, but he’s probably above them. That said, he’s no better than fourth-worst in the game.

Q has a bunch of problems, but the most glaring are his lack of options on wakeup, his lack of ways to land big damage, his lack of options when getting rushed down and zoned, and the punishability of many of his moves. Sure, any actual combo you do will deal lots of damage, and sure, taunting gives him a lot more life, but those things are way devalued by the fact he can’t force or even take advantage of many opportunities to deal significant damage. His damage potential and pretty decent pokes and zoning moves are what keep him above Twelve and Hugo.

Snip is basically a term used to show that you are quoting what the person is saying without making your post longer. Instead of having their whole post typed out in your post you just consolidate it to one word that shows you are quoting what they last said.

Yeah…most of why Q is bad has already been summed up. Not very effective at punishing moves, pokes that are decent vs. some of the cast and completely useless against others, not very threatning without meter, no options beside parry or super on the wake up…among other things. Even his high defense can only help him so much. There are some characters in the game who pretty much negate the fact that he can bring his defense up really high. Anyone who can stun Q really quickly (Makoto or Oro are examples) can pretty much end him for free even if he gets 3 taunts. Taunts dont help you much when you’re stunned and taking 60 percent plus damage any ways. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have any options and a good Q can be annoying as hell to fight against but still has way more things going against him than most of the cast.

He’s pretty damn tall too. It’s hard to parry a jump in when you can kick him either in the face or the gut…

q cant do shit, he can’t land his damage, he can’t avoid rushdown, he can’t mixup safely, he can’t land a safe knockdown outside kara throw range.

hugo can do more shit than q can.

I’ve been playing Q for years now I play with some really good Japanese players. His main problem is how rush downable he is. Unless you can kara flawlessly, characters like Makoto, Yun/Yang, Akuma, Ibuki and twelve will crawl all over you. Even Kara-ing won’t save you a lot of the time. I see that as his only real glaring problem.

I don’t find punishing difficult as I am always ready with the CnDB. His speed is the reason he gets rushed down so I already went over that. I don’t find it hard to deal damage w/out meter. His non-super jump in is great and anything with a CnDB should deal great damage.

He just hurts in the ways of mobility. I don’t always win with Q, but when I do take down a chun, yun, ken or Makoto, it feels pretty good.

Thanks rushdown.

An REAL Q player.

Are you trying to be sarcastic because that doesn’t work on the net.

thank you:lovin:

Whether this is sarcastic or not, this comment really makes you sound like an asshole.

I don’t see why, I’m just throwing in my 2 cents like everyone else.

I meant 3SJ, not you.

Oh, ya I agree. I don’t understand whats wrong with my advice.

Nothings wrong with your advice, I think you read too far into it :confused:, hes thanking you.

Yeah, his point was that none of the rest of us is a real Q player.

Oh, well I definitly think a lot of you guys gave perfectly good advice. Enough to show that you know the character well. I’ve actually learned a lot from Ultra David’s write up. In fact I was getting worked every weekend by this Dudley player who was just abusing me with his low jump in elbow things (I don’t play Dudley, I think its his HK). I could beat him on the ground but my standard B.MP and HP/MP slaps for anti air just weren’t cutting it. If he wanted in with a jump we either traded (which was good for me) or he got in with a combo/juggle/scoops. Then I read about the magical B.HP anti air. With this info alone I totally nullified his air game and beat him 4 sets in a row.

the moral of this story is I’m no master and I still learn shit all the time. Playing in japan has really helped my game though. I’ve played YSB, Hayao, and a few other guys who’s names I can’t remember, and actually taken a few rounds against them (very rare). Maybe this next weekend I’ll take a camera to the arcade and put my Q where my mouth is.

he cant punish well at all. only 1 hit confirm. big and slow. tacky hat.