Why dont game developers just change xbox Combo buttons?

You’re playing a fighting game, you bought an overpriced controller that’s not even made for fighting games yet you’re complaining about their games not being compatible with the systems hardware? Other people play them fine with said hardware even though most agree the Xbox dpad sucks.
Arcade sticks are anything but awkward as they are made for fighting games and are in arcades.
If you can’t do an ultra properly then practice because it’s you and not the hardware.

The ‘programme’ button sits up and is right on the face of the Sabertooth game pad, keep hitting it.
Cant win, stupid place to put that button.
I think companies write all the reviews online, so many flaws with this controller. 4 shoulder buttons dont programme and it doesn’t recognise diagonal movements.
Looks like ill have to go for a fight stick.
Waste of money.

Never in my life have I found a game so unsuited to the console, just dying to be able to play it properly.

Like properly like… an arcade stick like the arcades.
Or at least a pad made for fighters.
Or a hitbox.

What do you want them to do, make all special moves one button? They’d have to drastically change the game just to make that work, and this is a game that was made for 3 other platforms. This is a game made for arcade sticks. You’re playing an arcade port. Just get an arcade stick and never look back.

Get a Xtokki converter, problem solved.

Other alternatives are Hori Gem Pad, MadCatz SF X T Pad and maybe the upcoming MK PDP Pad.

Has a thread ever been closed due to the OP being a fucking idiot or is that not a possibility here?

An idiot is a guy who sits behind a computer screen hurling insults with nothing worthwhile to contribute. Take a bow for that comment well done.

Make all special moves one button?
Did you just make that up from your imagination?
Nobody mentioned 1 button, a different combination of buttons as an alternative to a problem.
Please read the comments properly before replying.

… Binned the damn game.
Load of crap.
Never buying that again.

Should’ve gotten a fightpad. They’re seriously lifesavers for anyone who doesnt want to switch to stick. You probably would have been better off asking about suitable controllers before making a purchase, too.

It’s not the developers fault, either. The xbox 360 controller just has a really shitty d-pad, and these kinds of games are kinda meant to be played with arcade sticks (fightpads at the very least).

Unfortunate to hear you gave up the game and wasted a lot of money buying the sabertooth.
I never played FG’s on a stick either, however when i bought one when i started with SSFIV everything felt right, i couldn’t blame the controller anymore as that wasn’t the problem, the problem was me and i grinded it out.
Before i played on stick i played on the 360 for a few months, and eventhough the 360 controller is horrendous for any fighting game, you can do EVERY motion you need on it. From what i’ve read it is obvious you don’t know the exact inputs required for a lot of the moments, even worse it sounds like you think the every directional input preceding the button press has to be inputted individually. All the motions are supposed to be done fluidly in this game.

double qcf motions are tough for a beginner, agreed. However if you cna input a qcf motion 100% of the time you should be able to do 2xqcf motions. The leniency and buffer in this games is pretty big, this means you can input it SLOPPY and SLOWLY and still get the Ultra to come out. I have no idea how you can possible get blisters on your thumb from playing this game. Also you meantioned inputtng a button press 10times and it still doesn’t come out. Are you trying to do chun li lightning legs, or honda’s hundred hands? This game has LINKS, you need to TIME these inputs, once and not more.

If you gave the controller to your buddies and they are novices to FG’s and ask them to do qcfx2 + 3P/K, then ofcourse they won’t be able to do it.
In short, fighting games take practice, smart and proper practice. Anyway, i honestly think you are inputting and excecuting moves completely wrong ad making it THAT much harder than it should be. Might as well have bought a fight pad instead, that is atleast decent enough.

If you’re catcammy on X-Box Live I played against you in ranked at the weekend and your controller is the least of your worries.

That is not your only issue. Random spiral arrows, fullscreen ultras, a round where you did 2,000 hooligan throws and constantly jumping like the Cosmic Elevator is made of lava are (some of) your issues. You don’t know what attacks are good, why they’re good and when to use them.

If you’ve binned the game there’s one less to worry about.

Surely this is just a troll and everybody is responding to it? lol.

I’m still going to put my 2 cents in even if it is. In my opinion they have made it easier already (albeit for stick aswell) by having a button that presses all three punches or kicks at the same time. Ultra’s would be hard on controller without that.

Secondly, you can’t really say its the developers fault. I guess you’re talking about an ultra motion and by the way you have described it i’m guessing a simple ultra like Ryu’s ultra one? QC.Forward twice?

There are many people that are great at the game using the xbox 360’s pad and even other pads, so it sounds like you just need to put more time in learning how to do the movement properly. Take smug or MD Luffy for example he even plays on a playstation pad.

So put more practise in or maybe just choose a more pad friendly main such as Viper.

EDIT: If you could map the ultra to one button the game would be retarded. You’d be able to demon somebody and take like, 65% health with one button and ultra anti-airs would be rediculously easy on reaction.

ALSO, if you want a combination of different buttons to activate an ultra… just bloody play akuma???

Maximum kek

Also I still advocate using the left analog on a 360 controller as opposed to the ass tier dpad

You’re like this weirdo I knew who told me he plays Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater with the analog thumbstick, and I would tell him that this game needs digital controls not analog, since you want to have the button presses register as fast as possible.

I mean you can make everything work with practice but I doubt it’s worth it learning fighting games with the analog stick.
Just get a proper controller like the Hitbox, an arcade stick or a proper console controller, or bite the bullet and practice on d-pad.

Also wtf is with those blisters? You’re not fucking supposed to rape your d-pad, just press quickly not hard.

Dude, I have a friend who looks like he MURDERS controllers whenever he plays stuff like fighting games.
I had to pretty much force him to use his own dang stuff so that my pads and what not remained intact.

And as for this rather pathetic topic…
The game’s controls are not an issue. If they were, damn near every other ‘professional’ reviewer would be bitching about it all the same. Microsoft has shitty time for some reason making a controller that fits well across all genres of gaming. Too many people agree the D-pad on the 360 controller is ass-tier. Bitching at a development studio to fix something that is the fault of HARDWARE manufactures will get you laughed at.

Like most of us are doing right now.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://i.imgur.com/rteZP.gif

I actually have a callus on my thumb from grinding that ex+@. Cancelling supers into supers, thats the life.