Why does 3S suck on GGPO?

OK I wasnt able to locate the source code Final Burn Alpha v.0.2.96.74 so I just looked for the newest release of the emulator and found it here:

http://www.emuhq.com/emulators/arcade/multiple/fb-alpha/news/2009/04/25/9464 (Version 0.2.97.05)

Its also has the source code available for download.

Ill try to this up bring on GGPO.net

i think that ponder means he needs the source code for 3s, not the emulator. without it, ggpo can’t know, for example, how fireballs are generated in 3s, and so it can’t generate one by itself for a particular point during the match. ggpo can therefore only accept everything that FBA gives it as it’s running the game; it can’t parse out what is relevant.

to stay on topic… since FBA needs to save and load a lot of data due to the above mentioned reasons, you need a very fast CPU to play 3s on ggpo… otherwise it WILL suck.

also, if it’s not obvious by now, 3s runs smoother on 2df because 2df is only a frontend for fba + p2p kaillera. it doesn’t have any hooks into the emulator to make it save/load states… it doesn’t care about past or future states. it just accepts whatever inputs it gets at any given moment, and runs with it.

My PC can handle Crysis.

It has more to do with your internet connection than pc specs for 2df/ggpo games.

For me GGPO is way better than 2DF, especially with the input delay set to 0.

Unfortunately your internet can only handle Geocities.

AOL, werd.

assuming that no one or nothing else is using your internet connection, and it’s a wired connection, then your CPU speed is the limiting factor for GGPO. you NEED a fast CPU for GGPO.

for 2df, you can have a piece of shit computer, but you’ll need a good connection (also assuming no one is using it, and it’s wired).

Yeah that’s why I use 2df. Good internet connection, shitty computer.

Sadly, very few of you read through posts.

I like this forum, and there’s a lot to learn from good people who have a dedication to fighters. But it’s unfortunate that about half of this forum is filled with these 4Chan rejects who have nothing better to do then to rage at people, and post ‘humorous’ remarks in an attempt to be popular.

Feel free to try again once you can spell the other word for funny correctly.

Keep trolling dude. Rock on.

Yea i got feedback from GGPO.net. Its was the game itself that the problem and nothing else. If he can crack into the game and read the source code or access it in some other way we would be in business.

Here’s hoping.

I find 3S plays better on 2DF then GGPO. But i tend to like the players on GGPO more. But i switch back and forth between the two if i cant find a game on one or the other.

And tweleve when we gonna get some games in son? I’ve been working on the makoto heavy and need some tips and practice. Let me know!

Yeah, that’s why I keep coming back to GGPO. There’s TONS to learn on there. You can’t learn too much on 2DF with the horde of Shoto Scrubs.

Yes… ggpo sucks when playing 3s… period

I like watching random youtube videos while practicing my card tricks. It helps me practice doing the moves while not looking at my hands, as well as being entertaining.

Its really random for me, sometimes I get good connections on 80-70 ping and sometimes playing against those same people is like playing with my fingers broken. I get dropped inputs and a couple of rollbacks.

Overall the game runs like crap on ggpo, 3SOE is better and a lot more consistent when I play against yellow and sometimes orange ping.

Supercade is also good if you play against people with 50-70 ping go higher than that and the input delay is just too much.