Whip it, whip it good - The Poison GD Thread

never in a million years did i think i’d be interested in playing with poison (haha). they made him/her and hugo look great, tho.
i definitely will try out both first.

i want to have sex with her

Almost 2,5 years championing for this character to come and be fully realized… I still find hard to believe! =’)

But let’s go bitches! Time to slap the living shit outta everyone in this game! xD

I have this feeling that we might have some character who will be universally good and others who will need good pairings for tougher match ups and to work around certain holes in their gameplay. I think Poison will fit in the second one and we’ll see a lot of interesting pairings.

I heard somewhere her backflips was all 3 kicks.

On a somewhat related note, I wonder how many colors we’re gonna have. It doesn’t seem like we’re gonna get 10. Hopefully at least 4.

Nice, really like this cant wait to team her up with Hugo, Guy and Cody.

Well, distance may not be an issue, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cj7voGnpw#t=1m46s Trades can stop it, it seems.

mm I love Poison, she adds spice to this game :slight_smile:

Do you guys think she’ll work well with Hugo as her partner? I mean obviously they are meant to be together, but when we think about all the moves each of them have, can anyone come up with some interesting theory fighter combos?

Also, I’m the person who made that Poison Twitter account. My followers and I have been hounding Ono for at least a year now and he’s replied to my tweets more times than I can count. I like to think I helped usher in this character, so I’ll probably tell all my friends that she’s only in because of me. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://twitter.com/poison_sfxtk

Can’t wait for Poison. All I need now is Jin to get confirmed. Then I’ll be set.

Just wanna know what you guys think…who do you think will fit with poison the best? (besides Hugo )

I’m following you since day one. (I’m @rothion, by the way). That was a sweet victory. We all made that possible… So, props to all of us. <3~

~

Regarding your question, seems that Hugo (for now at least) may will be ending with some problems regarding some moves and match-ups (due to his huge hurtbox and lack of reliable ways to cover ground without too much risk) - which Poison could also suffer from the same problems (she lacks damage, and her projectile game may not be enough for covering him).

IMO, both of them may have an easier time with tag-partners specialized in covering their weakness and such.

Fixed for me.

I think it was mostly a group effort.
I know me and a group of friends were hounding Ono on Twitter long before you made that account and continued to do so afterward, and I actually had to correct a few things you stated about Poison through that account. Ono and Harada have responded my Tweets about Poison numerous times as well, Harada even asked me to explain transgenderism to him in response to a Tweet I sent Ono.
Not to mention there was at least one other Poison twitter getting considerable attention from both Ono and Harada. And that Roxy account got her photoshopped images/adverts to go viral when they were posted on various gaming websites.
I think taking credit for a group effort that took years of campaigning, even before Twitter, is kind of stupid.

We all made this possible.

I’m curious about the backflip, does this provide her with any kind of invulnerability? Or is it simply a risky escape tactic, because it doesn’t look that fast.

He said he helped. Didn’t say he was the sole reason…and I’m sure the last part was meant as more of a joke.

Anyways, I’m glad she made it in. Hopefully she’ll be in future games after this one.

Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if her alt is Roxy

Exactly. I know it was a group effort.
I was just joking that I’m going to tell my friends in my local community that it was all me. They already think I’m ridiculous for wanting her in the first place so it’ll give them an extra chuckle.

Either way. I’m glad the Jem of Capcom finally be able to be a playable character (not including Capcom All-Stars and Final Fight: Streetwise) and not a background character.

She looks real good in fighting terms. It’s too bad she’s not on SSF4:AE or UMVC3.
But I cannot wait to try to main her in SFxT because she’ll be truly, truly, truly outrageous! :smiley:

Edit: BTW, I never seen her fireball super. Just the whipping one. Anyone has a link to a footage on where it’s shown?

It’s the same one. When the fireball connects, it launches into the whipping animation.

Oooooh. :open_mouth: Ok. The Tag super is the one I haven’t seen.

Does anyone know if the crescent kick is an overhead?