Whip it, whip it good - The Poison GD Thread

There we go, discuss our lovely trap away. I’ll keep updating it as more info arises.

And before it starts, let’s keep the gender discussion to a minimum, okay fellas? This is SRK, not Unity.

Throws:

Forward Throw: :lp:+:lk:

Grabs the opponent and slaps him/her in the face. This leaves the opponent right next to her, so it might be a good mix-up starter. Does 150 damage.

Back Throw: :b::lp:+:lk:

Jumps on top of the opponent, grabs them with her legs and flips them over to the ground. This one leaves the opponent farther away from her, so you might want to use this to get the opponent in the corner or to get him away from you.

Command Normals:

:f::mp: - Elbow Drop: This is Poison’s Overhead attack, it can be comboed afterwards on counter hit.

:hp:+:hk: - Her launcher. Has a nice range to it. Has low-body invincibility. Absurdly unsafe, don’t get this blocked if you value your life.

Normals:

All of her normals have some really nice range. You can confirm her chain into launcher from quite far.

Standing Normals:

:lp: - A pretty average jab, nothing to write home about as it doesn’t have much range but its easy to hit confirm this normal into any of her specials. This normal can easily link into a crouching :lk: or Cross Rush

:mp: - (Close) Is a two hit normal is special cancelable and it is one of her better options to use from a CrossRush, special cancel this move into Whip of Love or Love me Tender specials for decent damage or mix-up potential. You can link into her crouching :lp: after it.

:mp: - (Far) this Normal is fairly decent, the range is ok but its best used as filler in the CrossRush string.

:hp: -(Close) Special cancellable

:hp: - A far reaching normal that is a pretty good poke, unsafe though.

:lk: - (close) Another good way to hit confirm into a combo or into a CrossRush.

:lk: - (far) This normal seems to hit low(similar to Morrigan’s Standing L in MVC3) this also can be used as combo fodder. Both close and far :lk: can link into each other.

:mk: - (close) A Knee attack. You can link into her crouching :lk: after it.

:mk: - (far) This is most likely her best far reaching normal, though it isnt easy to confirm into anything it is good for trying to keep your opponent out and to use it as a poke. You can buffer this into far :hp: for a Cross Rush launcher.

:hk: - (close) Like Chun Li’s it can be used as an Anti air

:hk: - (far) Much like Chun Li’s Far Standing :hk> it hits high and has good range, but it does have a bit of recovery so its best used as a anti-air.

Crouching Normals:

:lp: - A good jab. You can link a crouching :mk: after it and her far :mk: as well.

:mp: - The easiest normal to link from her command normal without needing to down to a jab or short, special cancellable and good during juggles.

:hp: - Realistically this is her best Anti-air and most reliable. The arc is pretty good and its pretty easy to hit confirm into a special as well.

:lk: - A far reaching short that is her best combo starter, its pretty much her go to move after a deep cross up or after a tricky mix-up. You can link it into her crouching :lp:

:mk: - Decent range for a forward, but its not really recommended in using this move to fish out special moves. Special cancellable.

:hk: -A ok sweep, by no means as good as chun li’s or a slide. The recovery is also noticeable too so be mindful on when you use it.

Jumping Normals:

:lp: - A normal you will likely never use as it isnt good for virtually anything really.

:mp: - Good Air to Air normal.

:hp: - Most likely one of her better Air normals, as it has a great Arc and it also creates enough hitstun for you to do combos. It is also a situational cross up, and when hit Air to Air causes a juggle state.

:lk: - Crosses up, so thats always a plus. other then that, it isnt really going to be used.

:mk: - Decent air to air, other then that it’s best to go with jump :mp: instead.

:hk: - Pretty much her best jump in normal, as its good for air to air and it has good reach for a air normal.

Special Moves:

© Aeolus Edge: :qcf::p:
Poison lashes out her whip and shoots a pink, crescent-shaped projectile. Each version goes a different distance. All versions move her forward. This is her chargeable move, so if you hold down the button after doing the input Poison will start charging it. Charge for a second, it becomes the EX Version and if you dash cancel out of it, your next move - hit or whiff - will have counter hit properties. Charge for around 3 seconds, it becomes her Super Art.
:lp: Goes mostly half-screen at a somewhat slow pace, then disappears. You can link after it, possibly combo into EX LMT.
:mp: Travels fast and goes pretty much fullscreen, but disappears afterwards.
:hp: Travels the least distance, but on the other hand not only is the projectile bigger vertically but it also stands in place for a moment before disappearing. Aeolus Reflector!

EX Version travels far, goes fast and hits twice. Can also be charged, if you charge and immediatly dash cancel out of it you’ll get counter hit properties, and if you keep charging you’ll also get a one stock Super Art, though much faster than charging the normal Aeolus Edge. Costs one stock.

Whip of Love (WoL): :qcb::p:, :qcb::p:, :qcb::p:
Poison lashes out her whip three times. The first hit is safe on block, so it can be useful for pressure.

EX Version hits 4 times, with the last hit launching the opponent high into the air that you can combo out of. Costs one stock.

Kissed by a Goddess (KbG): :dp::k:
Her DP. She twirls around and shoots herself up in the air. Seems to have good invicibility and hits up to 3 times. Button strenght determines the number of hits and the recovery. It actually has a hitbox on the back, so you can hit people trying to cross you up with it.

EX Version is faster and seems to have more invincibility.

Love Me Tender (LMT): :qcb::k: - Followup with :k:
Poison jumps forward and does a crescent flip kick. You can follow up with :k: for a command grab follow up that leaves the opponent in a nice spot for wakeup pressure. Very safe on block so don’t be afraid to use it. Might work as an anti air?

EX Version tracks the opponent, like Cammy’s EX Hooligan Combination from the SF4 series. Really fast, goes fullscreen and is invincible to fireballs. Costs one stock.

Backflip: :b::k::k:
This is Poison’s Evasive Backflip. Similar to Vega’s(Claw) it’s invulnerable to normal attacks and projectiles. Its active longer than Vega’s which is a double-edged sword, it can evade normals with more active frames but on the downside suffers from a longer recovery.

Love Storm - :qcf::3p:
Her Super Art. It’s a projectile and does 310 damage on raw hits. It looks pretty big and it will go into animation no matter how far the opponent is - anti-air hit animation is situational, though. Costs two stocks.

Cross Art - :qcf: :mp:+:mk:
Poison does a close knee attack, then starts whipping the opponent’s back as she walks, sending the opponent to her partner. Deals huge damage. Costs three stocks.

Special thanks to therook, Zujira, Genistar and everyone else in this thread for pretty much all the info.

Combos:

:lp: > :mp: > :hp: xx EX WoL, c:mp: xx KbG

cl.:mp:, c.:lp: xx WoL
cl.:lk:, cl,:lk:, s.:lk:, c.:lp:, c:mp: > c.:hk:
cl.:mk:, c.:lk: xx WoL
c.:lp:, c.:mk: xx WoL
c.:lk:, c.:lp:, c.:lp: xx WoL
LMT, c.:lp: c.:lp: far s.:mk: xx WoL

Desk’s combo (Corner-only for now and a waste of meter, but pretty cool)
j.:hk:, s.:mp: > s:hp: xx EX Aeolus, s.:mk: > s.:hk: xx EX Aeolus, s.:mp: > s.:hp: xx EX Aeolus, s.:hp: xx :hp: Aeolus , c.:lp:, c.:mk: xx :lp: WoL

Videos:
Super Art and Cross Art:
[media=youtube]mWhcaWEDq7A[/media]

Trials:
[media=youtube]BlxRRP8t7S0[/media]

OUTRAGEOUS! :lovin:

Haha - Sweet. :slight_smile: Subscribed.

Do you guys think she’ll be able to combo after her EX rekkas with just a normal chain? I think there’s a chance (and hope) she can but it’s kinda hard to tell.

Good start to the character threads, hope to see this not descend into the madness that are the MvC3 Character threads.

Possibly. Many combos that I thought the juggles were too low to work were doing just fine in the trailers. So maybe she’ll be able to do it with a low attack.

We know that we can combo with at least EX DP as of now, so maybe a low jab will work?

I sure hope so. I’d love to get a nice combo out of it without having to blow two meters to tagcancel.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

I swear, if we get colors for Poison that make her look like The Misfits…

I’m not quite sure what to make of it based on the videos, but what kind of playstyle would you guys say she has?

They’ll put in a Kayo alternate costume.

Awesome, I was just thinking about doing this. Props to the OP. Now Make a catchy tagline!

Do you think Poison would be good with somebody who can do two air normal and then continue the combo such as Ibuki or Hwoarang?

Not so much from the videos but rather because she has a rekka makes me guess (kinda sorta maybe) that she has a rushdown style. Mostly due to the fact when I see rekka motions I think of more aggressive characters like Fei-Long, Yang, Iori from KOF, or Kaede from Vanguard Princess.

On a side note, do you have any videos of this back flip? I don’t remember ever seeing it.

You can see it here at the 0:28 mark.

Probably a Double Tap Back motion for her back flip, I’m assuming. :o

Ah yes I completely missed that. I don’t think it’s a double tap back motion cause I’ve seen her backdash in some of the gameplay vids I saw yesterday.

Well… maybe it’s a 3 punches / 3 kicks like Claw’s.

That’s not her backdash. This - looks deliciously fast, by the way - is her backdash.

First post updated with all the info we had from the main thread.

Pizzazz Poison would be sick. You sir, have a good taste.

Also, subscribed.

Poison seems like more a pokey character so far, which is pretty fine by me.

Also, the only hit of her Rekkas which is safe on block (bar EX) is the first one.