Which character got under your skin the most?

Most annoying thing about that Buster is when you are hit by it from outside a combo or something it’s like “GET THE FUCK UP!”

Dormammu and Super Skrull.

Aside from the obvious choices like Phoenix, Wolverine, Wesker, Zero, etc…

A lot of Zero salt in here, I am loving it :rolleyes:. (The buster hard knockdown is being made to a soft knockdown, so better for you guys)

Most hated:

• Tron-b assist: No doubt about this one. Playing against a team with this assist so tedious and slow, and this completely shuts down Zero. The are ex constant cries when she does her j.:h:s extremely annoying as well XD.
  • Dante, he beats out Zero’s priority and is a hard match-up for both Zero and Doom (not much for Zero).

Wow Shuma, that’s good to know. You don’t really know whats in that bag of tricks of his, or hitbox. His jumping m has that zero j.h hit box. If you get careless against him, that lvl/xfactor lvl 3 is automatic death. I’ve yet to master his play style but, I look foward to what he has for UMvC3.

I don’t think shuma is actually annoying to anyone… people just don’t know anything about him because he’s so bad that no one plays him at all. If you actually learn what he does, he has no reliable approach. His level 3 doesn’t tod with xfactor unless you’re zero afaik.
But…

DANTE
DANTE
DANTE
DANTE
DANTE

His god damn hitboxes and invincibility/ability to cancel everything makes him such a pain to vs.
Phoenix would annoy me, but most phoenixes can’t block.

Just warning you, Ammy can cancel her j.H into super. Whenever people do it to me, I just do the input during the counter super animation and they get an Okami Shuffle to the face.

Phoenix is the only character who legitimately makes me question why I play this game. Somebody’s who’s been playing Phoenix for about 10 minutes could be a legitimate threat to a pro. Though to add to the list I’d put Haggar, Dante, and Zero. That fucking mayor just sits out there for 60 whole frames being as invincible as he wants while my opponent can mix me up about 1093834 times while I’m forced to just block. If I mess up and get hit, then my opponent gets about 3 years to confirm into a TOD combo. Not to mention the crazy fucking mixups Dante can do on an incoming character with Haggar assist. Dante can do whatever the fuck he wants with his 8 frame half screen normals and 15 invincible frame yet +20 on block hammer. And no matter what happens, he can always do Reverb Shock into Fireworks to make sure absolutely nothing is punishable. I think my hate for Zero has already been explained by others.

In no specific order:

Wesker
Wolverine
Dante
Zero
Taskmaster

Specific circumstance characters:
Defensive Akumas or XF3 Akuma with meter, and Akuma’s assist, period
Disruptah spam/keepaway Magneto
Hail Storm/runaway Storm with meter assists
TK Shot spam/runaway Phoenix
Just gonna stay in the air all day, waste over half the match and not even attempt to approach Trish

Basically every top/high tier character in the game. They’re top tier because they generally have either the lion’s share of tools available to them or “cheap” and effective ways to win that almost anyone can pick up win with so long as they have a basic understanding of the game.

I still love to play Marvel, but when I come across say, a Phoenix player that does nothing but super jump shot x 3 and tri jumps away, I keep saying to myself, ‘Just wait until Ultimate, just wait until Ultimate, just wait until Ultimate…’

And yes I’m aware that Ultimate will likely bring in new bullshit, but at least some of the old bullshit will be dealt with.

Patience Zero with dante or ammy assist
Runaway wesker which i also play that style until i trap you
Trish my god, she hugs the air
Don’t like fight another Dormammu mirror Dormammu is stupid
Ammy HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WIN
Dante is ok, but he’s hitbox my god needs tweaking
Skrull can surprise anybody

Dark phoenix needs to be a level 3 that last for 10 second

I used to run Thor/X-23/Felicia exclusively when the game first came out. Because of the difficulty I had chasing down my friends big bitch Trish while he ran down the clock with her annoying ass voice in that annoying ass super every single match with his asshole Chris harassing me with the flame thrower I could never get a combo off and always ended up sitting on 5 bars with a time out. That is what made me start picking Phoenix on day three of the game.

Because of this, I hate Trish the most. Zero’s bitch ass is a close second.

Oh I just remembered Shuma’s grabs in Ultimate take meter away. Since I like using both him and Morrigan, who also has a move that takes meter…that’s just beautiful. A man’s salt goes on another man’s popcorn. Man I can’t wait for Ultimate.

Real talk? Fucking Wesker… if anything made my dinner taste better is was the amount of salt that I produced and took to the dinner table from his online bullshit.

Then I got smart… learned the ways of proper Hulk smash and became strongest there is.

Hurray!

• Frantic characters that zip all around the screen fishing for a hit (X-23, Spiderman, Magneto, Superskrull)

• Trish cause her tools completely nullify my primary point character (Haggar) once she gets going.

• Dormammu cause he zones the shit out of you, then when you get in, he turns into Mags and starts doing triangle dashes and cross-ups. His launcher is retarded good and he has days to do an air combo. You can’t counter-zone him neither cause he has a teleport. For a big guy, that dude can move.

• Dante cause he’s a conceited smug bastard and I never liked him (or DMC for that matter). Doesn’t help that he has an answer for everything and combos for days.

• Zero cause of the reasons mentioned above minus the smug part.

• Wesker cause his gun is too good. If I’m not blocking, he seems to get free magic series off a teleport just by swinging at the air, regardless of whether I’m grounded or airborne, His OTG ability along with his high health and xf-3 buffs puts him on just about every team.

• Ammy cause her super just shuts everything down, is mostly safe, and it’s fullscreen. Also, it’s hard to hit her little hurtbox.

• Hsien-Ko pretends to be a point character, then she armors up, fights a little bit, and when you least expect it, she raw tags into the real point character while she goes riding on her little chain thing repeatedly. Tron’s Fire has a hurtbox, and Haggar’s lariat takes damage, can be crouched and is vunerable at the end. Both assists are stationary, so the only way to get hit is to get within their range. Hsien-Ko assist swings foward and back, and she can keep swinging around as long as she has life to spare. Unless you have projectile or an invincibility move, you have to respect it otherwise it’ll ruin all your plans.

I would say Haggar shuts Zero down better than Tron. Zero has so many ways to zip up and around Tron’s assist it’s ridiculous. People don’t want their Tron assist to get baited and hard knocked down by charged buster either. Plus you can also just put Tron on your team because she makes fighting Zero somehow more ridiculous.

Your mention about Dante doing well about Zero has me reminding myself why I should put X23 up first next time I fight a Zero that’s up first. Dante beats Zero as long as he can actually be away from him first. At the start of the match Zero will tear up Dante for free since Zero will have no space to set up his slower normals and can’t really effectively runaway from Zero without Devil Trigger.

You must salt up like the dead sea with your primary point character being Haggar.

Definitely Wesker. Between lazy damage, fairy-like keepaway/runaway, and unnecessary high health, he’s a chore to fight.

Amaterasu comes to a close second. That short bitch takes longer to kill than the meat shields in this game thanks to her stupidly small hit-boxes; it’s all too easy to drop combos on her, and grab attempts and grab resets are frustratingly hard to perform on her. Add in high-reach pokes, zoning options, and some air mobility, and you have a character that was built to give headaches.

I’ll take Akuma on any day. Hulk’s got a meaty armored normal named :m: waiting for any kind of Tatsu spam. Same for Tron’s who enjoy j.:h:'ing in.

After Wesker, I wholeheartedly agree that Ammy and her low profile and megafast jabs are a massive pain in the ass.

Edit: underlined line is a great line.

lmao The Zero hate is at acidic levels in here lol. I wouldn’t be suprised if most of my Zero hate mail came from most of the guys in here.

Most salt inducing characters for me are Phoenix and that triple teleporting bitch wesker. If I had to choose a 3rd it’s be Spencer with that endless freaking pressure using phony web zips and if you press a button from full screen or jump in the air that dude is giving you 2 bionic boots to the face while screaming that obnoxious “IN YOUR FACE” OVER AND OVER AND OVER I MEAN REALLY.

I have no qualms with Runaway Zero or Patience Zero, it’s much more predictable for me after this much time. Once You Pop You Don’t Stop (in dat corner) Zero is the problem folks, he’s straight up pringles.

I hate Raikousen.

Sedimentary: I has it.

Where the mayor fails, the Mighty Thor prevails…sometimes.

I can’t STAND Zero. It’s like he’s infinitely crossing me up the whole match, which is total hell for Viper. It brings me so much joy when he’s FINALLY dead. Next on the list is Wesker. The Gun xx Teleport assault is just too much.

Online Random Weskers. It’s always fun to play a person that knows Wesker, but for the most part, I get:

pop DO I FRIGHTEN YOU? pop DO I FRIGHTEN YOU? pop DO I FRIGHTEN YOU? ABCS, random button, S * OTG pop* DO I FRIGHTEN YOU?

forlorn sigh