Which Character Do You Think Is Underrated?

haha fuckin retard. pierrot is impossible to beat

how someone with a t. hawk AV say anything else but him? t. hawk is dat shiz, doggie!

Yeah, he is. He is underrated, too. I also think Stryker is underrated, too.

Johnny and Venom from Guilty Gear.

Setsuka and Tira from Soul Calibur.

I agree completely on Venom (kinda obvious). Watching Pro venom play is like watching art in motion. The level of skill you have to be to pull off some of his stuff is crazy and I enjoy every minute of it. Very fun character to play too.

I support the Remy love as well! and any third strike characters really are underrated, especially Remy and the other great characters that people label “freaks” like Necro, Twelve, Q, Urien, Gill, and Oro.

Oro, and I’ve gotta say my new favourite Street Fighter ever, El Fuerte. It amazes me how little love he gets, when he’s probably the most well-fitting addition to the series since the original 8.

SF: R. Mika

KOF: Kensou

SamSho: Kyoshiro

Tekken: Jack

Guilty Gear: Venom

Darkstalkers: Phobos

Fatal Fury: Raiden/Big Bear (should have been in a lot more games than he has)

Kyoshiro? Really? The guy was in 8 samsho iterations out of 11 AND he was playable (as mainstay party member) in SS:RPG. Thats while there is a bunch of SS chars who starred in 1 game only. As for his gameplay style, its pretty distinctive too, and based on long pokes. I wouldnt say like he gets no love. SS chars that get no love are mainly ones who first appeared in 3D iterations, like, many people dont even acknowledge their existence fully.

I think Adon didn’t get enough love from the developers and therefore doesn’t get love in play either. I like his visual design and his cockyness, but he doesn’t seem to have anything going for him in terms of moves.
He has pretty much the best stage music in A2 too. Poor Adon.

Isn’t Kabal like top, top tier for UMK3? That should make him pretty popular…

I think Hawk is rated just where he needs to be. I did see a good Japanese Hawk player on GGPO. It was quite amazing, but rare indeed. But the skill taken to get good with Hawk makes him not so underrated.

I’m a go with Dee Jay in ST, Remy in 3S. Hotaru in Garou, you don’t see a ton of love for her. Roger in Tekken, maybe not in terms of tiers, but you just don’t see a ton of Roger (or I don’t anyway, correct me on the prevalence if need be).

Is Yoshimitsu popular?

Cuz if he is, then that sounds about right to me.

More under appreciated than underrated though.

Yeah, especially not top ST player Afrolegends… :wtf:

It’s ironic that I actually main these 3…

and I agree with Bob Sagat, Adon is under-rated… hell I used him in SFA, I also wanna add my girl Litchi from Blazblue to the list…

I would have said Roll, you will never see love for her in fighting games as other characters, but that’s when I remembered that she has her own tier in Marvel so that makes her popular enough, also she has a lot of attention in TvC so nah.

Now on topic :

SF : As was said before, R.Mika, Adon and Dee Jay, also Q.
GG : Venom and maybe Millia.
KoF: I’d say Oswald althought I’m sure there must be someone else.
Darkstalkers: I have to agree with Phobos, but in reality any character that is not female in the cast, is somewhat underrated.

I would say Jack as well for tekken and Lizardman for Soul Calubur, and I also have other names in my mind, but I’m not sure about them at all.

nuri/nanashi are basically gods. I always wondered how well they’d place if they just mained slayer for a day. Just for laughs.

Imagine N-Otoko :sweat:

Ozwald gets quite a lot of love at tournaments, I’d say more like Momoko, Ramon, or Elisabeth imo…