What would we want in a Persona 4A sequel?

This, and also no dial-a-combo normals

Actually I’d probably play this game if it wasn’t for those

The auto combo system indeed has it’s advantages (quick meter boost, burst gauge), but that’s not what I was focused on. I’m not down-playing the idea entirely, I was just stating that players need to take full advantage on all notations, and not just one-button attacks, all the time.

:eek: In the interest of self-determination, I think that should be left up to the player.

I think we all know one or two people who get by in a fighting game of their choice using only one or two moves. They may not win any local tournaments or anything, but they make due. How they feel they need to play the game is up to them; autocombos don’t force mashing one button and while it is encouraged to use the combo for resource management, using it as a main source of damage is nowhere even near optimal…this is what is the rub that will naturally drive players to seek out more significant damage from a confirm. And if they don’t, well…that’s up to them. Nobody should really dictate how to play a game (in terms of universal options) as long as they’re playing within the rules.

Atlus. This man as a playable character.

Spoiler

http://images.wikia.com/catherinethegame/images/6/60/Wp05_sheep_1024x768.jpg

Make it so.

That would be awesome. Have his persona be a sheep too.

I really enjoy this game on many different levels. It feels very expansive but it’s obvious that it does lack some elements that could help inherently create more longevity, experience, and fun overall. Somethings I would love to see would be:

*- New Characters *

Junpei, Vincent etc.

- Harder Inputs

I really like the timing and button combinations, it gives this game a unique feel and I would not change that. However, harder directional inputs would be something that would give this game a more “pro” feel. I’d like to see furious actions have DP motions and specials have different motions like half circles etc.

- More Normals

This game is really lacking in this area. Command normals can really give a nice diverse feel to the game and not make characters feel so limited. With an engine so expansive and characters sharing many universal applications it’s easier to focus on the fact that they don’t have more to them as characters.

- More Stages and Music

Some of the best original persona music is not in matches but only in the menus. What gives?

Other than that I would not change too much, this gave is really addicting and fun. I like it a lot.

Hahahaha…“I need more complex motions to make me feel like I’m accomplishing something.”

Characters having a 2nd Instant Kill… :3

Persona selection is not happening since only a few characters can do so in canon.

Wait, you want to make a character that’s arguably the best one in the game (one that has a favorable, 6:4 matchup against Mitsuru) stronger?

Sounds silly but in a way, but the amount I’ve been playing this game I’d like to better my execution while I’m at it. I won’t get better at lead if all I play is rhythm, yah know?

of course she’s my main why wouldn’t I want her to be SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS tier.

I want to know who the heck was the culprit behind the story? Also, it would be nice to fight in Junes and old levels/dungeons in P4 and P3, instead of a school. That would be nice.

I thought about what someone saying earlier how it would be nice if players still had to input the super command in Auto Combos, and I’m starting to agree with that sentiment. Many a time have a performed an Auto Combo for easy meter, only to accidentlally burn 50 meter for a super simply because I pressed A just one too many times. :frowning:

-Don’t balance the game in a boring way by taking out most of the fun stuff, make it more like GG where theres a bigger focus on making the characters fun to play. SSF4 and CS1 are examples of being balanced in a boring way.
-Mitsuru and Aigis need some nerfs but nothing too harsh, just focus more on the characters below them. I love my broke characters in fighting games hehe
-The ability to spectate when you join a room in a middle of the match like BB
-SF4AE:2012 style ranking system. I honestly love how it tells you how much BP you have AND how your character ranks online

I also agree with this

Why would we want a sequel to Persona 4 Arena?

I think the game is fine tbh, it’s fun and decent enough at a competitive level to take seriously. The reason why a sequel would be nice is because it’d help bring back attention to the game.

People not giving this game attention is downright criminal. Everyone seems to clamor for an easy, accessible, balanced game and most importantly fun game and we have it with P4A but those not giving it the time of day should really rethink that decision. For a game so crazy and one that not only borrows from a lofty amount of game engines, this game should be all over the map and downright random but it’s not. It may be easy to pick-up and play but I feel I’m still trying to master a lot of things and the game is a lot deeper than most realize.

Seriously, P4A is game of the year for me.

Playable Rise and/or Fuuka. (inb4 “whaddya gonna do with 'em? scan me to death?”)

Since we’ve got P3 characters in the mix already, let’s have some more. I’d be happy with Junpei. That said, Koromaru would be interesting if done correctly.

Definitely another story mode.

Hopefully they’d leave the complexity of the game right about where it is now. This is the first time I’ve ever been able to put a fighting game in front of non-FG friends and have them able to learn enough/be successful enough in a session to want another one. The barrier to entry, while still a little tricky, is manageable.

If nothing else, more (better?) DLC. Not saying I didn’t like the DLC we got with P4A, but man. The glasses were cool (no Groucho specs, though – Atlus, we were disappoint) and the color packs were kinda neat. Just doesn’t seem like either should have been DLC. If you’re gonna get me for an additional purchase or two, at least make it something really good.

More Persona 3 characters. Let it happen.

Playable Adachi and Minato. Switchable personas. More Songs. nerf mitsuru. Give personas alot more normals.