What would we want in a Persona 4A sequel?

Meh, it’s bear-able. -_-

RE: Choosing character and Persona separately

I am not in favor of that because if I wanted that I’d play Arcana Heart instead of P4A. That said I think something to differentiate the Personas more might be interesting. Some ideas on that:

1. Varied number of Persona cards before Persona break occurs.

2. Different damage levels in order to break a card. Maybe (building off of #1) your Persona has only three cards but requires an attack to do at least 800 damage in order to break a card while another Persona has 6 cards but any amount of damage will break one.

3. Status changes that vary with number of cards remaining. This would not necessarily be simply a power boost. Could be something like Elizabeths DP. Could be a one time thing per card broken; i.e. next attack that the Persona does will do +25% damage and inflict poison (or something like that) if it hits.

4. Personas could have certain abilities that are only accessible when they’re fully stocked.

5. “Persona Burst” or “Persona Cancel”. Burst or Rapid Cancel accessible only if you have full Persona cards stocked to perform their respective actions . Consumes all Persona cards and would (obviously) have a much longer cool-down time than a normal Persona Break.

This is hardly a comprehensive list of what could be done with Personas. I just think that with regards to differentiating the Personas there is a ton of design room left.

I’d simply want more characters and stages.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

Some interesting ideas here. I especially like 1 and 4

Characters, stages, maybe new supers?

I wouldn’t mind a new normal or two for everyone either. But the button scheme and commands are kind of strict. New specials and supers would be the best approach.

The only change I want is for the game to actually get released on time in Europe.

:eek: Betty with an actual defensive option (!) would be pretty sick.

I have some sick ideas:… for Aigis.

Make Aigis:

• Have longer Orgia Gauge.
  • 300 bullets per round 100 simply isn’t enough what were Arc thinking?!
  • Be able to use unlimited amount of EX Megido Kick as long as the meter is there. Needs more MAHVEL type combos mostly involving just megido kicks for beast damage.
  • Missiles cannot be interrupted once at start up frames.
  • Goddess Shield will now cause an untechable ground bounce to follow up with another Goddess Shield. Her damage output is not good enough.
  • Orgia Gauge recovers faster if you hit with an auto combo. That way her meter AND gauge can fill up max speed.

I had tons more buffs but this is definitely needed to be able to fight Mitsuru and there is NO way I can actually win without these buffs.

What? Aigis is one of the best characters in the game…her damage, especially on megido, needs nerfing and her IAD needs to be slowed down.

Now Shadow Labrys needs some buffs…maybe the speed of her normals (her fastest normal is 7 frames startup).

LOL that guy aigis must be dog shit. mitsuru worst match up is a toss up between chie or aigis. if you lose to mitsuru it’s becuase you got outplayed. please go to dustloop please. and LOL @ giving aigis buffs. that was hilarious.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/confused2.gif

Remove the auto combo system.

Mitsuru is lacking. Plz buff. I don’t want my opponents to play the game anymore when she lands a hit.

I agree with this to a large extent. When my opponent is low on life I can simply hit confirm into A and mash it and win. Make the player input the double QCF motion to get the super move at the end. It might motivate some beginners to improve their inputs.

Knowledge and experience will lead to betterment. If the player can understand that, then their journey of playing fighters will be quite fruitful.

I would love if the next game was released in Europe.

Hey man, I love the auto combo system. It does have its uses, especially for Naoto players. Who DOESN’T love getting an easy 26 meter?

For them to actually release it in Europe and Australia…

Why yes, auto combos is quite useful for “training wheel” purposes, but it doesn’t get you very far into becoming a better player. Players need to learn about timing their execution on various notations, and not just relying on one-button all the time.

:eek: I can understand (well, not really to be quite honest) why you don’t like certain aspects of the autocombo system, but can you deny its benefits straight up?

Free meter, free burst gauge? This isn’t about execution anymore; it’s about resource management. Should we forget the “well, autocombos scale any regular combo to shit” argument, as well? Autocombos are great; I think it’s unfortunate that you’re focusing on the idea of people who don’t know quite what to do slamming their noses on the A button instead of all the practical uses of the autocombo.