What REALLY makes Akuma Broke?

Besides his air fireball? (and what charas are more affected by this?)

Just Curious…:wonder:

Air fireball is all he needs frankly.
90% of the roster can’t do shit against it.
Just run away and air fireball until you win or time runs out. If they somehow manage to get in, he’s got all the shoto tools plus a teleport to get himself away again.

The only character I can think of that wouldn’t really be affected is Claw.

He’s broken cause he wears balls around his neck

Not to mention his damage is fucking ridiculous, even for ST.

Hes got a faster walk speed

Lots of juggle potential

Best cornertrap in the game, (kara cancelling his 3hit fireballs)

… you can’t stun him.

Air fireball is good, no question. Red fireball traps are nice, and so are his juggles. But his defense isnt good, and he doesnt do damage outside of his juggles. Air fireballs do pitiful damage. I’ve seen more vids of Akuma players losing that winning.

Wait, you can’t? :rofl:

Yep, it’s true. If he gets dizzied, he’ll fall down and get the spinning stars or birds or whatever, but as soon as he gets up, he’ll automatically regain control rather than actually going into the standing dizzied state.

If you dizzy him, you can still get a meaty attack for free right? So you can combo him sometimes, but there will be a lot of situations where you can’t get to him fast enough. If you dizzy him with a fireball from across the screen, for example.

And, he wears fucking sandals… man those sandals must give him juggling properties…

You can’t even meaty him after a stun, it has absolutely no possitive effect. The only effect it has is preventing you from juggling him (if you had him in a combo before he was stunned)

yeah, sandals give that juggle+ one could think Ken with all that money could buy a pair of those

Necro thread rises again.

Kind of cool seeing an old ass post from geadom though. Didn’t know he was that OG.

Since when 7 years ago = OG? Pre-SF4, sure, but definitely not OG.

Fine. No OG like James Chen, but more OG than 09ers or whatever you want to call them. Either way, been around a long time.

Actually, i lurked since 2001 or something, opened an account (that i never used and forgot the pass), and opened a new one in 04 or something, lol. Im just more the reading type, and dont like to post that much.

On topic: Can Akuma also do the air tatsu unblockable that O.Ryu and O.Ken got, btw?

Yes.

wow, as if his other tools werent enough to make him broken he also gets unblockable air tatsu + juggable after hitting with it LOL

Now you understand why he’s banned from competitive play, lol. Claw’s got nothing on Akuma.