What is your favorite way to landing the ultra?

look at the little zangief :smiley:

Any time I land it, I enjoy it. On oki is my favorite though.

for me. it depends on the opponent. if they have very few knock down move i let them hit me and then pull it out

my favorite is doin it after blankas ultra i just do a quick green glove and i end up behind them and do the ultra hahaha i love it
i also suprise people wen i dash infront of them and do the ultra its fun

actually now i gotta say my new favorite way is when im facing a turtle like boxer or guile and they are just crouching waiting for me to do something and i whiff a st. RH over their head into ultra. so satisfying!!!

walk up 720 is my favorite way

after i hit my opponent with like 2-3 cross up combos they will eventually know how to block it.

so the next time i cross them up i know they will be prepared to block, BOOM ultra.

Then i hear alot of cussing on the mic, like aww thats cheap, no way, this is stupid, youre character is cheap blah blah blah.

but yeah thats my favorite way of landing the ultra

jumping straight up late after a lariat knock-down, then catching them just over halfway standing :wink:

caught a ryu last night with his back turned trying to runaway at probably max distance to grab him, for the win
that was pretty sweet.

c.lk/c.mk/st.j ticks…
far st.rh on ducking foes…hilarity ensues…
anytime I counter a raging demon with it…its just beautiful and brings a tear of joy to my eye…meter off fireball spam and then ‘block it’ “whoops didn’t absob that…oh nose a raging demon…what will I ever GOTCHA BITCH” (insert Gief’s rape face)

• :bluu:

from enemy wake up
st.mk > ultra
neutral jump > ultra

corned opponent
st.hk or whiff st.hk > ultra

jump attackin opponent
focus attack > dash ultra

grounded opponent
whiff green hand > ultra

i luv gief

zangief likes to dance, so if you got flow and rythm you can figure out the holes in the opponents defense or take advantage of the opponent’s offense. gief is a creative mind game character.

cross-up knee + c. lp x3 + green hand (whiff) + ex green hand (whiff) + ultra

only landed that few times but it’s one of my favs

prepare your self for mother Russia is my fav

no wait i take it back doing the ultra whilst behind dhalsim doing his catsaphoy is the best because i suplex RIGHT THROUGH THE GIANT BALL OF FLAME THEN JUMP UP THROUGH IT

I like to shoryuken -> fadc -> ultra

gtfo shoto

It’s always fun seeing scrub Ryus do a wakeup ultra and jumping right over it to land my ultra. Good times.

My favorite way to do it is to taunt, and buffer 720 then Ultra. If you time it can can land it easily after uppercuts etc

I agree with anyone who posted about the whiffed Glove into Ultra, to much fun.

I also love crossing up with his jumping LK knees and buffering it on the way down.

Doing it so it goes through anyone’s projectile is also great fun.

Neutral jump=ultra

cross-up knees on wake-up, then neutral jump ultra (got many people with this)

whiffed ghs into ultra

I really love whiffing the GH JUST as they’re landing from their jump-in and they land right into gief’s loving arms

blocked blanka’s ultra…whiff GH=ultra

whiffed abel’s wheel kick=ultra

whiffed blanka horizontal ball=ultra

I abuse the headbut so i get them into the habit of blocking standing and when and if the ultra is ready i symply jump up and instead of headbut i just land in front of them with all my brotherly love from mother russia.

but the one i love the most is to catch blanka while his rolling on the floor with his ultra, and its easier than you think, just back dash ultra!!!, of curse you have to be out of the range of the sort of aura that it has at start so with the back dash u skip his little jump and land right next to him when he hits the floor, so regardless of him holding the ball or letting loosee, he is going for a ride!!!