What happened at the Northeast Championship 15 in Philidelphia?

The comments, when I saw them were just like the OP.

So yeah, that blows that theory out of the water.

This is where “preserving the culture” argument comes in. I love when shit like this happens because at the end of the day no matter how much professionalism and window dressing is thrown on top of the scene, it will always have a seedy underbelly that rears it’s head. Niggas making stair jokes about women and faggots needing to man up are the first in line to demonize the bullying when it gets too much attention too…fucking awesome.

Holy shite, recession time. There’s nothing wrong for transgender people to ask for the same respect we all want.

The first 2 comments was asking why was the article being so vague on what really happen and afterwards I refresh the page and the comment was closed.

So if their was other comments(that was actually negative),but was deleted…iantothemax is full of shit.

I was watching Jiyunajp’s stream and they were talking about this. I asked them what was said to the tranny and it wasn’t even trash talking.

Apparently, calling Viscant a pasty vampire on WNF is totally okay, but asking a transgender person if they’ve gone through SRS yet is worse than calling SKD a racial slur.

My God, it’s worse than killing a cop. Literally worse than hitler. What a toxic community.

Seriously though, what the hell has happened to the FGC?

[details=Spoiler]In regards to @dcwastaken:

Hi, my name is Nicky, however most of you know me as ludwig van. Whether you know me because of fighting games, Naoto sadlife, or w/e, you know of me.

One personal bit of information about me that became public knowledge a few months ago is that** I’m transgender. I had planned on presenting myself as female for the first time this weekend** and was excited for it b/c I have been the happiest I’ve /ever/ been w/ myself at this point. I prepared my wardrobe and whatnot for NEC and was ready for the weekend full of friends and anime fightmans. I’ve made NEC for 2 years and there was no way I was going to miss my 3rd year since every year it’s been a great time w/ the tourneys that Stickbug runs (though Big E should /really/ look into a new venue for next year haha)

On Thursday night, I was saying hi to friends who I hadn’t seen in a while, which is pretty standard fare. I was in the lobby and I hear DC call for me. He said someone else (who I’ll keep anonymous) had a question for me and ran off. Later that night I see this person, ask them what their question was. This person shakes their head, says DC was the one w/ the actual question, and not to worry about it. However, since I’m an easily curious person, I insisted they tell me the question.

With a sigh: the person says: "DC’s question is: do you still have your dick?"

What.

Uh…

What the actual fuck?

(Note: if you don’t see an issue w/ asking a trans person extremely personal questions like this, ask another trans person b/c I’m not explaining it further here.)

**I keep those thoughts to myself **however and do my part to play it cool. I try acting like it’s no big deal at first and figure I’ll try to set up a time to meet up with DC and discuss it with him so I can try to be mature about it. However, I’d later find out that trying to be mature with someone with a mentality of a 10 year old was a waste of time and effort.

So time passes,** I avoid talking with DC **because A) he gets drunk super early and having a conversation like that with a drunk person is a bad idea, B) **I’m super uncomfortable **and a bit angry with him, and C) for something like this it’s preferable to be in a one on one discussion and was having trouble getting that. I tell others of what happened. I tell what happened to others and they all pretty much agree that I have a right to be upset. (Thanks all of you, people like you all make me still have love for the community in spite of shit like this.)

Sunday morning comes, I know I’m running low on time to discuss my issues w/ DC’s question with DC himself. So I see him tweet that he’s awake. I throw my uncomfortableness with him aside to do what I felt was the right thing to do and tweet at him to see if I can meet up with him. After seemingly dodging the fact that I’m trying to get a chance to talk with him I finally get him to say he’s heading to the bar. I head straight over there and wait.

And wait.

And wait until 25-30 minutes pass. It’s beyond clear that I’ve been dodged. My roomates from KC are getting ready to catch a cab to go get food and I tried and waited to try to discuss things with DC and him being a no-show clearly showed his intentions of not giving a fuck.

I subtweet him b/c I’m done trying and he responds he’s in the main ballroom, but his lack of telling me that sooner says enough for me. I go to wait on the cab w/ my local fgc and it ends up not happening ironically enough b/c of a traffic jam that was apparently happening that morning. While waiting, DC walks right past me into the hotel restaurant. I go upstairs to my room, put some things away/use the restroom/ect while feeling annoyed. One of my roommates texts me saying they ended up eating at the restaurant if I was interested. I go there, knowing that since I saw DC go in there earlier there was a chance he’d be there.

It turns out his table was right next to mine. He says nothing to me. I say nothing to him back b/c at this point I’ve already done what I could to talk with him and he ignored it. I eat my food while feeling even more uncomfortable and leave, watch tourneys, ect.

This would be where the story pretty much ends and I’d say “Fuck off, DC” but there’s more. There’s always more.

Late Sunday night I walk in a room and there’s someone there (who will also remain anonymous) who I’d heard of before but never personally met. I introduce myself and whatnot. Conversation happens and DC gets mentioned by this person, another person in the room who’s aware of DC’s question for me says “Yeah, we’re not really fans of DC”, I chip in w/ “Yeah, he was pretty much a shithead to me this weekend”.

The person I’d /just met/ for the first time says “Oh yeah, I’ve heard about that”.

I don’t know if my face showed it but my body froze.

This person who I’d never met personally before knew very personal details about myself. I don’t know if that’s b/c the information came from DC or from someone else I trusted and shared what happened myself, but my uncomfortable levels hit a new high. Questions like “How many people who I don’t know now know about this” ran through my head.

This person said they learned of this from a conversation with others about shitty things that DC has done. To be fair, I don’t know what this person’s actual thoughts on DC are. Maybe they don’t really like him? Maybe they do and my problems were just basically a water cooler discussion to be laughed at with others and “lol dc’s being a shithead again lololol”?** I don’t know in the end. And I’ll just leave it at that. However, the thought of the possibility of it being the latter made me even /more/ uncomfortable.**

So, around 5am the room gets cleared out and people leave.

However, I stay up until 6am lost in thought in my room’s bathroom. I felt angry, confused, ect.
I straight up asked myself if presenting as female that weekend was even a good idea.

/That’s/ how fucking uncomfortable I was feeling.

Anyways, I eventually forced myself to sleep for 3 hours, got up, breakfast, plane, home now, ect ect

So

All that happens, and I’m a crybaby?

Are you fucking serious? You act like a manchild, offend someone who then tries to make things better with you, then avoid the attempts to make things better?

Get.
The.
Fuck.
Out.
Of.
Here.

I’m more mad and annoyed than anything else.

And another thing to address: “It’s just DC being DC.”

Fuck. That.

If a shithead acts like a shithead that doesn’t make it ok that they’re a shithead to begin with. Considering that his history of shit like tricking people who don’t drink into drinking or putting fucking /cocaine/ in people’s drinks, I was already wary of DC at best. This weekend sealed my view of him. How many more (worse) shit things does a person need to do for other people to figure out something’s wrong with letting this person do what stupid shit that they want?

I’ve been way past the “let’s just hold hands and sing ‘kumbaya’ together and everything will be ok” mindset. No. I’m standing my ground on this one. If I make enemies, I don’t care.

Fuck off, DC.

And if you’re not DC but you think I’m just a big crybaby, you can also fuck off. Tell me so I can block you and please do me a favor and block me back.

And if behavior like this is considered ok by the majority of the people in the FGC, maybe I should be looking for a new hobby.

Anyways, thank you for reading this long novel full of my thoughts. This took way longer than I thought it’d take haha.
Thank you everyone else who I spent time with this weekend and made it awesome in spite of the negativity mentioned here. You’re all awesome and I love all of you. Hope to play you all in P4U2 and Xrd sometime.
[/details]

Never even speaks to the so called harasser, in fact harasser goes out of their way to avoid person while said person creepily stalks them online and irl. We are supposed to feel sorry for this person because they were made to "feel uncomfortable’ with what a third party claimed so called harasser had said, even then the so called transgression was just someone being insensitive and not even down right mean.

Yet we have another article that makes this seem as if someone was about to get into a fight over this bullshit, and that we should all stand and rally against this. Without even having the decency to tell us what this is. Fuck this person and their feelings. They want to feel comfortable, I wonder how comfortable the person that they trick into think they are the female that they “present” themselves as will be when they are about to get freaky dicky and Nicky turns out to be Nicholas.

Seriously this is Jerry Springer right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh4DGqR8D1s

Also who the fuck sprinkles cocaine in someones drink? This isn’t a Dave Chappelle skit.

As someone who knows a transgender, bi-sexual and openly gay people, it really baffles me that some people find it so hard to just respect another human being regardless of who they are or what they “were”. I’ve pretty much lived my life following the motto “It doesn’t cost anything to be decent”. I only have gripes with a person if they’ve wronged me in a personal sense (like being an asshole to me), not because one of them used to have a penis or loves another man.

It`s been confirmed basically that the harassment involves a transgender person. What are some of the consequences of this story going viral over the net?

Just think about this soberly for a while.

what if they are a black transgendered person @razist?

If I was to read inbetween the lines I would say it was written in an attempt for it to go viral, to spark the “change” the article wishes to bring.

I saw that article yesterday through the twitter feed and spent all evening wondering what it was actually about.

One thing that strikes me about the twitlonger that was linked is that the author is mad at DC for a question they asked, that they didn’t actually ask them directly. They got the question through another friend after pressuring them, after DC ran off without asking. I’ll admit I skimmed but am I understanding that sequence of events correctly?

AF, of all people, is calling to behave nicer to others in the community… The irony…

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/jack-nicholson-15.jpg

A little OT: Seeing this thread gives me hope for humanity. The article being published with the comments closed made me fear SRK had fallen to SJW infiltration.

Back on topic:

It’s all about this, right here. These idiots want to turn this community against each other and bring in an environment of fear, where you can’t say shit to anyone without it being “harassment”, and being labeled a “harasser” “bigot” “<group of the day>-phobic”. They will then use these labels to drive everyone out. It’s happening in the gaming community at large right now.

Stand and fight this now while it’s small, or see the community we all love in ruin.

Why is the OP creating alternate accounts to respond to himself?

First of all, we have confirmed harassment? I see a long blog entry, an infantile insensitive question and two people unable to deal with a basic social situation. Second, if the author wanted to avoid attention he could have not released anything at all.

And even if the “story got viral over the net” so what, there is not much of a story in this case and if there were I don’t think sweeping it under the rug would/should be a good strategy. If there would be cultural or systematical harassment in the fgc community there should be public debate about it.

Don’t get crazy with that “fear the social justice warriors” attitude.

Seriously this is much ado about nothing, I’m only here because I feel cheated of my time for having to research the subject of that wall of text amounting to nothing called an article.

… the line about pouring cocaine into drinks almost made up for it.

[Edit:] now that I think about it, that should have been the headline “FGC Member spikes drinks with cocain!”

For real, if anything this makes it look like transgendered people have to be treated like fucking children and protected from the big bad boogy gamers because they are too weak to fend for themselves and need the whole of the community to coddle them. If I was transgendered I would feel insulted. I would say “this idiot does not represent me lol, fuck outta here with this pussy shit my dude” which is why I would never pass as a woman, that and the fact that I am a 6’5 black dude…

Yep this is the gist of it, dude did what he could to then avoid the author, I’m not sure if that is what makes him a harasser or asking a third party to ask the question makes him a harasser.

I don’t know what the author expected to happen, people jumping for joy, high fiving her, receiving a bouquet of flowers etc, because what actually happened was fairly predictable. I would expect this kind of reaction between family, but some guy you are barely friends with I think this is personal drama that doesn’t deserve to be even discussed about.

Completely agree, dude needed to be more sensitive.
Maybe by running off and avoiding the author was his way of saying, this is too much for me I can’t deal with it.
The author has had plenty of time to make the transition from a he to a she, it would be good if they were also able to afford others time to make the transition as well instead of having expectations of them, and then becoming so upset at the entire community for 1 person that didn’t meet those expectations.

… get your ideological shit out of here. You’re the one trying to spread fear of mysterious idiots wanting to destroy OUR beloved community. Who says I love the fgc? You don’t know me like that!

https://twitter.com/ludwigvanNS/status/541634450015399936

https://twitter.com/ludwigvanNS/status/541625537115217920

lol

At this point I feel bad more for DC than anything, dude just seems oblivious lol.

Also, apparently Dc is black so he is automatically guilty, and this other person has an anime picture for their twatter profile pic…

Lol aint nobody scared of the SJWs but the soft-ass, money grabbers who profit from this kind of fuckery.

Be a big kid, and stand up for yourself and don’t expect anyone to defend you when you are too weak to do it yourself…