What do you want, bub? The Wolverine Questions Thread

So I’ve got my combos down and now I just need to work on my rushdown this is my first real fighting game so what are some good mixups when I’m trying to apply pressure while they guard so far all I really do is cL>cM>H to my combos like what else is there for pressure

is cL>M> w/e ok?

Finding it hard to land B&B on Tron. I have tried modifying the combo but every time I hit the drill claw it just pushes her too far and I whiff the dive kick. Any answers to this question?

I dont face enough Trons to worry about it, but yes the BnB definitely has problems on her.

I also need the answer!

^Ill check this tonight after 6pm. but try just :m::m::h: drill claw instead of :m::m::l::h: drill claw. or try :m::l::h: drill claw haha thats what Ill do until I find the pattern that works. And I know we can get it to work, cause Ive divekicked that hoe countless times

Ok so after working with Wolverine against Tron I found that in order to land the BNB against her you simple need to wait a few frames after the :s: to super jump.
If you super jump to early you will push her out after the drill claw regardless of what normal hit combo you do.
If you wait to super jump you will be below her, and you will hit the bottom of her. With this you can do you full air combo into Drill Claw and Dive Kick.

So just dont jump so early. This is pretty much true for most Launch Air Combos, if you can dicipline yourself to wait a fraction of a second before you super jump you will have more happy air combo fun times.

Who would work better with Wolverine, Iron Man or Doom?

the drill claw,dont work overhead…
the divekick dont work overhead…
all they need to do is to guard low,push block and then attack…
j,L drill claw doesnt work on all characters…
so, how are you guys dealing with players,who knows wolverine doesnt have an overhead attack?
how do you get in overhead?

Not sure what you mean, j.L and j.S are both overheads?

My question is what the timing is for connecting over akuma assist hits. In vids it looks like everyone connects a standing H to launch after the tastu hits. Do you have to wave dash in to connect the H?

Test them and find out! I think I tired both for calling right before I cross them up with B.slash, and I like the way Doom sets up a combo more.

Glad you looked into this. It seems like there is a small window where you need to jump. To late and it won’t connect as well. I’ll need to work on the timing.

what can i do after: L M H S j.M j.M j.H drillclaw :d:H land H S j.L j.M j.H j.S partner land S

i cant get a right combo after the assist otg ! i can launch after the assist with S. and i can add another j. M j. M but the enemy recovers too fast, so that i cant do my HYPER !

what to do after the assist otg ???

yeah your gonna run out of hit stun after the second launch.
call your assist and do :h: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

who else is on your team because you may have some more clever options available to you

but that doesnt do more damage!

instead of ending my combo with mmhs and then assist…

i can do mmh drillclaw :qcb: ATKATK

mmhs, land, assist, slide, fatal claw does about 20k damage more than if you had done it in the air. (tried using akuma tatsu and dante jam session as assist), also it gives you more dhc options since most supers hit from the ground, and you can choose to weapon x.

I rarely use any of wolvies hyper besides :d::d::atk::atk: but I have storm on my team so I typically do an air exchange to storm OTG with elemental rage and DHC into Wolvies B. Charge for a damage reset. does about 900k with just those two hypers and nothing fancy about the combo

Is there frame data on wolverine anywhere? Want to know if Dive Kick is advantage or disadvantage on block.

According to the guide:

+9 on hit, +8 on block

Thing with that is, I think that data is for directly after the dive kick makes contact, not accounting for the time it takes to travel to the ground after it hits. The frame advantage will be different depending on where you hit them. If you’ve got berzerker charge or xfactor, they’re usually safe. If you don’t, you need to hit them low, or you can be thrown as a punish. If you’ve got charge or xfactor, you can hit them low and get good frame advantage.

Dive kick Is this move any good for hit confirmation?