What do you think the next 3d fighting franchise is going to be?

With so many 2d titles being made, such as Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Melty Blood, and Arcana Heart, and only the three remaining 3d titles, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and Soul Calibur, do you think it’s about time that we had a new big 3d fighting series? We already lost other great 3d titles, like Tobal, Battle Arena Toshinden, Bloody Roar, and now Dead or Alive is the latest in the list of dead 3d franchises.

We really need another 3d fighter that can compete with the three 3d franchises, being another arcade series that also have their console versions. It should also have an original combat system, different from Virtua Fighter and Tekken. I just wish some company would just step up and brainstorm because the 3d fighting community is in dire need. Our best bet would have to be Konami cause they’re yet to have their own premier 3d fighting series (Rumble Roses doesn’t count).

3d fighters certainly have their own interesting aspects compared to 2d fighters, and they take lots of skill to be good at them.

Okay. You have ANYTHING at all to go on so that anyone can get the idea as to what the next 3D FG franchise is going to be? Or are we supposed to grasp at straws here?

Didn’t Konami make a 3D Castlevania fighting game on the wii?

Guy just likes to press the “New Thread” button. I’m waiting for the thread on which next gen console will be the one for fighters or what will headline SBO in 2013.

Square-Enix and Dream Factory get the old team back together and bring out Tobal 3 for arcades on the TypeX2 board.

/wishfulthinking

Fate/Unlimited Codes:2. Make it happen Eighting/Capcom/Type-Moon.

This time make it for consoles and not the PSP.

Fate/UC was on PS2.

A fully revamped Kakuto Chojin will be unveiled at E3 this year. The game is gonna obliterate Tekken.

It’s called Blood Revenge : Crimson Nocturne, and it’s coming out for the PS3 in Q3 2012.

It’s the story of a space vampire who has betrayed his clan to gather the 13 crystals of aeon and achieve immortality. However he is not the only one after the crystals. Among other characters in the game, there is a warrior princess from a humanoid tribe from andromeda trying to use the crystals to save her planet from destruction, an outlaw gunslinger who is trying to fight the conclave to rescue his long time partner, and many others.

Those girls in your avatar have ugly, flat, fat faces, they could lose a few pounds.

Better than anything you can make, including this thread.

A brand new 3D franchise…? I can think of at least one.

I would have liked to have seen Konami bring back their ambitious Fight Bujutsu game that never really got completed.
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=384&image=2

It’s going to involve characters. One of them will be a girl who doesn’t wear many clothes!!! And a karate guy who lives a life of solitude and asceticism, he says “thank you for the fight” when he wins. There will be other characters and an endboss (he’ll be hard, WATCH OUT for him) and story that maybe the karate guy needs to beat the endboss because of terrorism or because the endboss is a nogoodnick badguy. And maybe a capoeira fighter and scenic backgrounds but I dunno??? That is what I think the next 3d fighting franchise is going to be. Thank you for taking the time to ask me for my opinion. I feel this question will be a “hit topic” with other kids in the lunch line. Today is beanie-weanies and some kid always spills his and we have to wait for Ms. Retram to call Bob (he’s the janitor! the teachers want us to call him Mr. Cates but he says it’s okay to call him Bob so we call him Bob. maybe there will be a character like Bob in the next 3d fighting franchise I’m not sure though) to clean up the mess, we have to wait because otherwise somebody might slip. So this means I’m sure there will be ample time to discuss, while we wait for Ms. Retram to call Bob the janitor. I’ll be sure to update everybody with any “breaking news” that transpires!

The next franchise will be Tekken vs Soul Calibur series and it will have Lee Chaolan 1-2-dash carry to ringout from launcher

It could’ve been a one-shot game, cause I think the title seems a bit generic. Konami should’ve made their own big 3d series a long time ago. I think Namco should make another 3d series as well, since they’re quite good with making 3d games, just like Capcom and SNK are good at making 2d games.

Def Jam fighting series

/Thread

tobaru!!!

I thought nobody in the FGC gives a fuck about Def Jam. In fact, I don’t think anyone in the FGC would take any western fighting games seriously, except maybe Killer Instinct.