What controller do you guys use to play this game? I dont get this game :(

I want to use the wiimote and nunchuk but it automatically sets it to “easy mode” when you use it…even when you turn it off it puts it back on (so you just press forward and 1 button for fireball, forward and 2 buttons for super ect)

What do you guys use because obviously this wont be allowed in tournament play?..I read the begginers guide and it says there are 4 buttons? I thought this was a 3 button game? It says…

A = Light Attack
B = Medium Attack
C = Hard Attack
D = Partner

There is no D button on any wii controls…theres a Z. Anyway its got all 4 buttons so i dont know why you cant use the wiimote and chuk with normal commands (qcf motions ect). Im not spending alot of money on an arcade stick for one game.

Also I was looking forward to this on the big screen but the GFX are so bad…theres no way this is gonna be playable on anything bigger than a 21 inch tv screen. The screen seems very dull aswell theres no way to turn brightness up apart from on your main tv but then you have to change it back when playing other games? Weird. Does the “HD” lead for the wii make a big difference because its alot of money to spend on a lead if it isnt goig to make a hell of alot of difference.

Other than that im enjoying it…its not too fast like marvel and its not too slow either…the combos look really sweet and its easy to pick up and play…i just dont want to get to use to these controls then have to change.

I use the Exar stick.

IMO the Classic controller is the minimum you should be using to play this game.
And yes, getting component cables will go a long way towards making the game not look like shit on HD displays.

I use the gamecube controller and it plays fine. I also played ony my friends new TVC stick for Wii and it played fine as well.

The GC’s button layout and triggers are a bit wonky for a game like this.

I use the CC, and the pad on it, not the stick. It’s great. <3

A B C and D are not buttons, they are commands, which can be mapped to a button.

Use the classic controller. It’s actually really good.

that is what I use.

I have one of those Hori Wii Fight Sticks.

At first I thought it was kind of ass…but the stiffer buttons and control kind of help to play this game. Maybe it’s just me.

The cube controller is a bit weird for a regular 6 button SF game but for this game it actually works extremely well. Of course, ideally you’d want a stick, but if you don’t have to means to use one then I’d recommend a cube controller. I also find that using the analog instead of the pad gives better results (at least for me). Not only would it take much longer before your thumb starts to get tired, but it’s easier to do motions like DP with it due to the corners it has around the perimeter.

Im gonna pick one of the CC pads up tomorrow but is there any reason why the game puts easy mode on the wiimote and nunchuk?

CC is the best for pad players.

Yet for me stick beats all.

i used to use a gc controller, which i really liked, but it was my friends wavebird. they’re expensive on ebay so i just use a classic controller. dont use the wiimote and nunchuck.

I prefer a stick but its fun using the wiimote and nunchuk

I use stick for MVC2, SF4, T6, ST…too bad you cant use the TE stick on wii

I use a Classic Controller and I’m perfectly happy with it.

Anyone here used the Nyko wireless controller? I’ve read decent things about it but I’ve also read about some lag issues. I’m thinking about it because I mostly play on analog on controllers and the octagon style on the CC/GC pads throws me off sometimes.

edit: I also found something similar called the Shadow Controller, but it’s by DreamGear and I’ve heard not so great things about their products.

PS2 pad w/ converter

Is there some way to switch the game to 6 button on the Tvc controller?

Classic Controller Pro is the best pad.

use the madcatz stick. i was hesitant on buying it since i got the SE SFIV stick a while back and the buttons would stop responding. so far so so good with this one though.

right now using GCN controller, gonna get the Hori stick. Can’t wait, as much as I love the GCN controller, I’ve always preffered arcade sticks for fighters.

I’m going to use a gamecube controller I got for VC games, but if I really likethe game I might try to dual mod my SE stick.