What controller do you guys use to play this game? I dont get this game :(

CC controller, but that’s because we only have one GC converter and it’s my bros Wii, so he gets to play on stick.
Seeing how awesome this game is, I might have to get myself a converter as well. CC is really good as far as pad goes though.

Been playing on a GCN controller (Wavebird) because I lost my CC and I can’t find it.

It’s not too bad, but my fingers slip at times and there’s a couple moments where I do the wrong super by accident, even if I was doing the right motion.

This week I’ll go and try to pic up another CC (or check out one of the other controllers)

I’m using a gamecube controller. I tried to use the classic controller a bit, but I can’t get dragon punches right on that stick, and i won’t use a d-pad.

D-pad is the only reliable way to play the game other than arcade sticks. Classic + Grip is the best alternative right now.

Also, don’t use wavebirds. They have pretty significant lag on them, around 6 frames IIRC.

I’m not getting any lag at all with the wavebird. I was worried at first it would but I tried both the wavebird and another GCN controller and they both had the same response

I’m wondering if any of you have played with casual gamers who use the simplified controls. Does it actually ‘even the playing field’ a bit?

theres no lag at all with the madcatz stick.

^ Yep no lag at all on the TvC fightstick. Only lag you’ll experience will be on matches on Ranked & Free Play. =P

I tried it and its pretty easy to get the basic combos and supers out but sometimes you dont know what your doing…and with the air combos you can only do 3 hits and if that really…with ryu you can do df.C, sj, A, A, B, B, Super or special but you cant do that with simplified controls because you cant press A, B, C, on there own you have to press the A button twice to get B attack. Ryu’s best combo > A, B, d.B, C, d.C, f.C, hcb.C and you cant do this with the simplified controls.

I picked up the CC pad and its pretty sweet but the Dpad hurts my thumb after awhile and the analogue isnt very good because its too close to the buttons and the shape of the area (hexagon or whatever) is pretty back because you think your low blocking sometimes when really your pressing just back.

I wonder what everyone will be using at EVO :slight_smile:

Anyone else find it dumb that theirs no button mapping for any button + P? you can have a button for mega crash, but not Baroque. Which sucks, cause I always accidentally call out for assist.
And for those reppin the GCN, what is your button lay out?

I do
A=b
B=a
C=x
P=y

Also, I don’t use my thumbs, I put my index on A, middle finger on B, and ring on C.

It’s a sad day when pad players can’t even press two buttons on their own anymore. :razzy:

Guard crush is 4 :wink: and advance guard is all 3 attack buttons…its abit awkward doing the A.Guard when holding a pad because sometimes you do G.Crush by accident if you have enough meter

But for baroque 2 button is pretty easy…sometimes your partner comes out if you dont time it right but that aint a bad thing

A = Y
B = A
C = X
P = B
A+B+C+P = L
A+B+C = R

Feels really natural coming from Melee if i think of Guard Crash as sort of teching and advanced guard as shielding. Baroque canceling was tricky at first but it’s pretty easy with this setup with some practice.

ghetto wii hori

Eh, it’s just that to baroque, the most natural way is to push the giant a button and the y button, but since the a button is so massive, my finger sometimes pushes it sooner then the y, so it just makes me do a B attack and calls an assist.

BLAAAAAH, I want my stick!

A = Y
B = X
C = A
P = B

Seems like a dyslexic setup but it does work a lot better for me. Haven’t set L+R up for anything, but it might help because I keep forgetting about stuff like Mega Crush.

Hehe, well I was just talking about baroque. But I also didn’t consider the weird button layout of the GC pad, I guess that gets tricky.

Dual Modded TE with rj45 GCN cable.

My thoughts exactly. . .

For my whole life I’ve been a d-pad user with fighting games, so I have been perfectly comfortable with the CC.

I use the default button layout but unassigned L because I have played Alpha 3 too much and kept instinctively pressing it expecting an air recovery.