We need more SFV players!

I love that everyone got representation in the Madcatz Cup. Shows the diversity of the roster and the appeal to different playstyles. The game is getting really exciting as people start to figure stuff out.

I hope there will be other Dhalsim players in the PNW too!

Check out Awesome Jones, he’s definitely getting into that Dhalsim!

Anyone planning to go to Gameworks on launch day?

If people live in the Seattle area, they should. There is also a midnight release tournament happening in Portland at Ground Kontrol Arcade and Bar Monday night the 15th. They start signups around 11pm, and then they say they will unlock the game and run a tournament starting at Midnight. I will be there. Its a free entry tournament, open to 21+.

I should be at Gameworks as long as I’m not playing the game and completely forget to go outside. And I’m liking Sim!

I AM RASHID OF THE TURBULENT WIND

Son, I don’t know if you really know. BUT IM TRYIN TO FIND OUT

Hopefully I’ll be at GW. Clicked on the link and invited a couple people as well.

@Pablo_the_Mex

EDIT: NVM life strikes again. Need to disable my account, lol.

The look of this game is inconsistent, and it bugs me. Gief, while interesting, has gross movement. Despite all the muscles he looks like he floats, like some Michelin man. I don’t even have a stick for ps4. Still thinking about whether or not I will play this game.

Just play on PC like a normal human being. Why would you buy a PS4? Gief looks better than he ever has. Except ST.

Yeah man, PC route. You can use your current sticks and if you can’t, there’ll be a way without a converter.

Disabled the FB account. I imagine more shit popping up that’s unavoidable when NWM is about to happen, so I’ll skip that again and just save me the hype and eventual dissapointment. At least it’s not work related these days. Hoping I can game with ya’ll outside of drunken get togethers.

Gief is really nasty and good in this game. People are getting grabbed.

I think my favorite part of SFV is V-Trigger gives everyone Sagat’s time wizard ability. So everyone has like a secret upgrade, and you get a free super-long input window at the press of a button. It’s how I’m reacting to jump-in’s.

Thats definitely one of the better extra bonus’ about V-Trigger. Plus its so easy to do! You can also use it off a poke to hit confirm damage and stuff like that.

Can the V-Trigger activation cause a move to whiff as well?

Would the proper way to react to Brent’s situation to be to double tap the input then, in case the first input is eaten?

I haven’t figured this out personally, but its possible. Super freeze’s in most fighters tend to do this right? V-Trigger works just like that, so it probably does eat inputs.

This guy took full advantage of that with Necalli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCVd7zztyM

[quote=“antihero, post:58, topic:176919”]

This guy took full advantage of that with Necalli

[/quote]

That v-trigger reaction time is maaaad scary in that context !

V