We like wearing heels! Poison General Discussion/Q&A Thread

We would need the game in order to do this right? I’m all for Briefing Room/Online Training, but like the App literally comes out hours after the release. You can get the legit data from that. In the case the Frame Data is incorrect, I will go through the R&D testing and correcting it.

I dont know if reviewers have early copies of the digital release but I’m guessing that they don’t all they have is the Disk Capcom has for events, so it’s less than likely to see people streaming early copies…though I wouldn’t doubt the possibility of it.

If you guys want to Trade gamertags and what not, go ahead.

PM me if you want mines >_>

She’s very good at looking beautiful. Does that count? :wink:

I think it will be great if it turns out that Poison has 1000 health. However, it plays into the whole notion of her being born male since only guys have 1000+ health.

Frame Data isn’t going to tell us everything. I get that you are very excited about that app, but that frame data isn’t going to tell us about push back, character specific combos, how to punish certain things, etc, etc, etc.

I’m not trying to be mean either dude, but this isn’t the Rook Show. It’s like you don’t want anyone to do anything unless it goes through your Frame Data thread first. You’re very pushy. Requesting we don’t talk about this, requesting we don’t ask about that, requesting we keep the thread titles to how you want it. Just, like…relax man. You legit have a problem with everything someone brings up. It’s clutter. Take. It. Easy. :wink:

Anyway, let’s keep to General Discussion and Q&A…

All I said I would do was post the frame data. I had no intention to make a in depth thread about character specif combos, unpunish-ables by x character, unblock ables, or frame traps. Unless you have the answers now at this very moment then your in the very same position as me. I’m being realistic…someone ask a question saying is x move punishable and you don’t know…what else do you say but “I don’t know”. Do you have a copy of ultra to fill out all this data? Are you going to answer everyone’s question when they are asked? Even if you can’t?

I never said I would do everything nor did I imply it. I even asked people what threads they were going to make so I knew what not to do, so that I wouldn’t step on any toes. I’m only contributing things I said I would do. Answer questions I could, find and post things I found interesting and do that thread.

Ask far as answering questions, I do the best I can with he info I can gather and from what I’ve experienced playing her at loketest. Only a few of us went out to loketest to get information people asked here on this board. But whatever, I’m going to fill out my thread and bounce. It’s what I said ill do, you guys can do whatever after that.

Stupid question, when people do Ex Rekka do they whiff the air normal for timing

I would think so. I’m not sure but I can test it out for you when the games comes out.

Thanks, sucks i have to work the night it comes out

Speaking of testing things. Is there anything anyone would like me to test out on june 3rd who will not be able to play at that time?

I believe they do it just to do it sometimes.
In the beginning people would just do jump fierce or jump short to reset them high in the air. Then people started to whiff jump fierce then land with close fierce to do a low to the ground reset as they special cancel it into a fireball to continue the pressure.

They would also occasionally empty jump and do the same reset or land and do her kiss by a goddess for combo damage. Rarely I would see poison players fadc the dp and dash under them, close fierce to go fore another mix or or to maximize stun.

In short I don’t they need to whiff the air normal, they just do because her descent is about the same regardless.

@Genistar‌ , you still making the match up thread too? Good luck if you are…I can’t fathom doing it if edition select is a factor.

So will the patch go live at exactly 12am June 3rd or do we have to wait for Sony to release it?

I believe PlayStation users are on their last 23 hours. They get it on the 2nd. Xbox users get it on the third early morning.

The Exact time is 9pm PDT. So if your in California, it’s at 9 on the dot. If your central, it should be Midnight, and so on.

For the Normals section:

I’m gonna confirm that HK kiss by a goddess (DP) is also the go to non EX DP. MK is meh and LK is ok but I was able to easily AA jump ins with no problem when I tried HK version.

i’d also add far s.MP as a decent AA too.

I know the game hits in about a day, but are any of her BnBs difficult involve 1f links?

Low jab to stand forward is apparently 1 frame. That’s her main standard link.

The only other Links I could consider BnB at this time are.

Low short, far short to stand forward. Dawtanigan shown the link in a preview vid, didn’t say how hard it was.

Close strong to crouch fierce. Again, not sure how hard it really is, but it’s mostly used after a crumple or a punish.

Can’t really think of much else that might be a 1 frame outside of he situation specific low jab to close fierce.

Alot of Japanese players who don’t do the 1 frame link just do 3 low shorts to rekka’s. That does decent damage, so it’s worth considering.

Overhead into crouch jab or short I think is 2 frame I think? Would be easier if we had frame data. Overhead into crouch jab is doable in arcade version at the moment and crouch jab got shortened start up and is now 3 frame when console hits yeah?

I’m not sure about specifics not that I look back at it all because Talking with Combo really is/isn’t the best thing since what he knows or says is stuff that is to be put in later. So when I asked him about links and what not, he was telling me one thing, but in the Japanese(current event build) build it was another, at NCR the way he worded things was as if the Japanese build was irrelevant already in terms of character balance and explained things that was to be removed when I had asked him about them the first time at Capcom Cup.

I have a log on my phone the questions I was going to ask him at NCR with answers under them.

Q: What are Poison’s main links? and how hard are they?
A: Low jab into stand forward, It’s also a 1 frame link. You gotta practice your combos.

Q: I want to know about her Overhead, it’s alot better than it was in xT, what’s the big notable changes to it?
A: Well as you can see, you can combo after it now so it’s not all that bad anymore right?

Q: How hard is the link after the Overhead?
A: 2 frame link into crouch jab.

Q: Her wheel kick Love me Tender, that is also comboable into jabs too right?
A: Yes, that is another 2 frame link.

Q: EX Rekka, Is the jump cancel really being removed from block?
A: It’s already gone.

Q: Is that the same with Cancelable Sweep?
A: Yep already gone.
spontaneous questions
Q: Low forward is not linkable from low jab anymore right?
A: No, not from what I’ve seen. We changed the start up, it shouldn’t be able to link anymore.

Q: When you were moving these characters over from xT, did the hitboxes for moves vastly change because im noticing moves hitting differently in SF4 than in xT.
A: You see xT and SF4 have different mechanics in terms of how moves interact with the characters. The hit/hurtboxes are the same.

Q: How is that so? Also of Poison’s moves do things that they never were able to do before, like Love me Tender being able to cross up for example.
A: That’s not a hitbox change actually, We could set different flags on moves to give them different properties. So lets say I wanted to make a move cross up, now I can by setting a flag.

Q: So this was done with alot of moves with the new characters?
A: Yeah, we’re still testing alot of things out right now so it’s hard to say what’s actually going to stay in but look out for Hugo.

That pretty much concluded my mini-Q&A session at NCR.

Seems like I’m the first on this board to test poison, I’m gonna hit the lab and post my findings.

She has 1000 health, 950 stun.

Her forward throw does 150 damage, backthrow is 140.

j.LK is her crossup. It has enough hitstun to combo into both cr.HP and st.HP. j.HP will crossup in the corner.

You can use instant j.HP for a fuzzy guard.

Close st.mp might be punishable on hit against crouchers.

cr.lp -> st.mk doesn’t feel like a 1f link at all. I’ve tried it at least a good 10 times now without plinking and haven’t missed it and I have garbage execution. Maybe it was 1f before her cr.lp was changed to 3f?

Close st.mp -> st.mk/cr.mk/cr.hp/MK DP work as a link.

Close St.mp -> cr.hp xx MK DP FADC ultra 1 (non double and fully stocked) is 531 damage.

st.LP and the 2nd hit of st.mp whiff on crouchers.

First hit of rekka -> red focus works.

Going for the DP follow-up after EX Rekkas isn’t worth it in my opinion. You can only use the LK version which does 110 damage (4 more combo damage and no air reset), compared to her heavy normals which do 100, and landing the dp is actually a little difficult.

Rekkas will sometimes whiff at a range if the opponent is crouching.

Not sure why you’d want to, but you can FADC the 2nd hit of all Rekkas and get a cr.lp out of it. Styling on people I guess?

cr.mk xx LP fireball FADC cr.HP into whatever works, but not from max range of cr.MK. I’d say from maybe 75% of max range?

You can only combo into MP fireball off heavy normals. Can’t combo into heavy as far as I can see.

cr.mk xx EX Fireball Focus level 2 works anywhere and probably isn’t character specific.

You can link a jab off EX fireball and MP fireball in the corner.

cr.hp/st.hp xx HK DP does not work properly. The 2nd hit sometimes whiffs and it looks like the opponent can move before you land. Just use MK or EX instead.

If you’re gonna DP as an AA, use HK or EX if you wanna beat it. LK/MK don’t have much invincibility on them. If you do try to AA and with them and trade, you get a free ultra/sweep/whatever.

Cr.HP/St.HP xx EX LMT combos naturally, but EX LMT does the followup automatically.

For a shenanigan, you can do st. xx EX LMT and it will end up on the other side on shorter characters. Worked on Decapre.

St.HP/Cr.HP xx regular LMT does not work, not even on counterhit.

Dash into EX rekka might punish blocked EX blanka balls, rarely the dummy gets hit, but most of the time it doesn’t.

LP Rekka? is at least -3 on block. Akuma can DP it, Poison can cr.lp it.

cr.mk xx lp rekka is not a true blockstring, can be ultra’d through.

That’s enough testing for now, time to jump online.

I hope it’s a 2 frame link. Not a fan of one framers for basic hit confirms. For E. Ryu stuff or like jab to sweep/cr.hp sure but there’s no reason usually to make something like jab mk 1 frame. I can plink. I’m still not a fan. Although maybe you’re just on today? Have Counterhit on and didn’t notice?

Yeah. st.mp cr.hp is her big punish. Hope she can land it if she frame traps into it. Her cr.hp should have plenty of range.

Good! Gonna waste all my meter to kick people in the nuts!

Yeah. The reset sounded better to me. It’s not like you need to do EX Rekka dp fadc ultra. You can just ex rekka ultra so eff that noise.

St,Mp,Cr.HP, ex rekka into st.Hp does 510 Stun and 316 damage
St.Mp, Cr.hp whiffs on rolento use St.mp,cr.mp