We like wearing heels! Poison General Discussion/Q&A Thread

It depends on what you mean by “safe”.

Is it safe on block? yes.
Is it a safe block string? No.

Thanks for the info, i see it done in a lot of the match vids, it just made me wonder

People tend not to do anything because they don’t want to mash. You can backdash LMT completely with most characters, but you wont be able to punish her I dont think…but you’ll kill her offense. Make sure to want to throw tech after Poison LMT’s. People are way too predictable with that crap.

Low forward to fireball is kinda…safe.
-Jab fireball is safe on block, and is a pretty safe block string.
-Strong fireball is safe on block, not a true/solid block string. The opponent can* mash out a reversal.
-Fierce fireball is + on block, not a true block string. It’s as visible as LMT so it’s possible to react to it.
-EX fireball is safe on block, and is a true block string.

Low forward to Rekka is safe only after the first rep but even that can be Ultra punished by Geif.

Hope that helped.

Definitely helped alot, a lot of good stuff to know before ultra drops

Characters who can be juggled by a fierce rekka after ex rekka midscreen

Guy, Sakura, Rose, Cammy, Elena, Dhalsim, Yun, Yang, Gen, Sagat, Seth, Viper, Dan, Vega(Claw)

from uryo’s twitter.

Poison IS female though. If she is the only women character to have 1k health that does come across as suspect from capcom. Not like she is more beefy than Makoto or Chun.

Damn, I wish I snapped a picture of the one time I entered training mode with her as a dummy. I don’t even remember.

Yes, Poison is female, just not a genetic one. Every female has health between 900-950 (even Elena and Decapre have health between these levels). If Poison has 1000 health, it would further hint that she is transsexual (she has male origins).

Makoto used to have Average health(1000) until they Nerfed it in 2012.

Was it ever explained why her health was reduced?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining about Poison having 1000 health. This is actually good for us. However, 1000+ health corresponds with male characters.

Whenever someone makes a matchup thread, you should definitely put this in there.

I’m pretty sure they did state why they nerfed her health in one of those blog updates. But considering how they don’t like females in SF4 breaking over 950, it falls right into line.

Julia was at 1000 in vanillia SFxT but then got nerfed to 950 in the update. :confused:

Alisa also had 1000 health, but it dropped to 950 in the update.

It seems like an unspoken rule at Capcom now. All female fighters must have health between 900-950. Is this sexism or is it applying real world physics to the game? Kind of like saying women are not as strong as men (which is not true).

While Rose will always be my main, I can’t wait to play Poison quite a lot.
I will definitely give Chun another try, since her buffs are somewhat good.

Does anyone have a rough idea of what Elbow Drop is on hit/block?

That’s been a Capcom rule of thumb for quite some time.

+5 or so on hit, low jab is a easy link off it.
Seen Guy Ultra 2 punish it, so it’s at least -1 or -2 could be more.

Seriously, the game is due out soon. Monday Night at 9 PDT is when the PSN version goes live, the XBL version goes live Tuesday Morning. I can’t stress enough that exact frame data questions can’t completely be answered until the frame data comes out, the app launches on Tuesday. I Promised to post all the frame data when I download the app, until then please refrain from asking questions retaining to frame data.

I’m not trying to sound mean or anything but these questions have been asked many times before, like…alot, So please be a little more patient and wait till Tuesday to get your answers.

I get that everyone is super excited for Ultra but you gotta chill for a while longer.

We can totally talk about Superficial stuff guys…This is a general thread and all. Any boobtastic fan art you want to share? weird glitches you experienced at a loketest? (ive seen a few wonky ones) Or what do you think of her theme or costume colors? Basically anything else but frame data…

I have actually not heard her theme yet. I should get on that.

So we can get info out faster…should we make training mode sessions?

Yeah it is. That actually dates back to sf2. They wanted to make Chun’s health bar shorter than the other characters but decided against it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2014/03/16/290119728/street-fighter-ii-most-racist-nostalgic-video-game-ever?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=npr&utm_campaign=nprnews&utm_content=03162014

In future releases in general they decided to lower female health. In general though women aren’t at the lower end of most tier lists except for maybe Chun who is getting a slight health buff so in general they’re also warranted to an extent. It may not even be a woman thing as much as they give women enough options that they’d be too strong with more health. I think it makes sense for Poison to have 1000 regardless of the gender thing given she does nothing exceptionally well. Even among the jack of all trade type females they usually have something they do above average. Juri has great zoning, Chun has great footsies, Sakura has strong pressure. Poison isn’t SPECTACULAR at anything is she?

She seems to be great with pressure as well and controlling space.