"We finished practicing now?" Cody Match-up Thread

Ok , So when I started to make this thread I did not see any thread solely based for matchup. So if you made one in the middle of this too bad suck it up.

This thread is for dedicated information on Cody specific match-up information. Ill probably update this after a month or two the game has been released. That way we don’t have a lot of silly Incorrect information.

Ill compile the pros and cons of the match-ups. Ill be asking a few top players for their input to help this thread.

Thanks.

=====================================================

CODY STUFF:

Random Trickerations:
[media=youtube]lS4YnMpVy2M&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Abel

Versus. Abel

Spoiler

Adon

Versus Adon

[details=Spoiler]-

[/details]

Akuma

Versus Akuma

Spoiler

Boxer

Versus Boxer

Spoiler

Blanka

Versus Blanka

Spoiler

TA-DA!!: Option-Select.com - Strategy - Blanka vs Cody

C. Viper

C.Viper

Spoiler

Cammy

Versus Cammy

Spoiler

Chun Li

Versus Chun Li

Spoiler

Cody

Versus Cody

Spoiler

Dan

Versus Dan

Spoiler

DeeJay

matchup

Spoiler

Dhalsim

Versus Dhalsim

Spoiler

Dudley

Versus Dudley

Spoiler

Cody vs Dudley

E. Honda

matchup

Spoiler

El Fuerte

Versus Elf

Spoiler

Fei Long

Versus Fei

Spoiler

Gen

Versus Gen

Spoiler

Gouken

Versus Gouken

Spoiler

Guile

Versus Guile

Spoiler

Guy

Versus Guy

Spoiler

Hakan

Versus Hakan

Spoiler

Ibuki

Versus Ibuki

Spoiler
  • RH ruffian kick goes through kunais aimed at his head, but not kunais aimed lower down.

Juri

Versus Juri

Spoiler

Ken

Versus Ken

Spoiler

Dictator

Versus Dictator

Spoiler

( Because this post was too long to copy )
http://shoryuken.com/f330/hey-lets-do-real-videos-concepts-discoveries-match-ups-248988/index4.html#post9701710

Makoto

Versus Makoto

Spoiler

Rose

Versus Rose

Spoiler

Rufus

Versus Rufus

Spoiler

Ryu

Versus Ryu

Spoiler

Sagat

Versus Sagat

Spoiler

LMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ:

Sakura

matchup

Spoiler

Seth

Versus Seth

Spoiler

T. Hawk

T.Hawk

Spoiler

Claw

Versus Claw

Spoiler

Zangief

Versus Zangief

Spoiler

did you take all the info from the other thread?

No I didnt even know someone made one. Guess someone did when I made this. oops : [

yea if you can just copy and paste it or something lol. i don’t know how that works

Boxer… Zonk punishes his dashes and tap heavily. Always charge a zonk. Ex if you have it. Spam rocks to bait these out.

This thread > The other one

I already made the other thread yesterday. It’ll probably get stickied shortly. lmao. No beef tho.

I vote for this thread to be stickied instead

This thread already looks better and should get the sticky. Dude took the time to make it look nice with the spoiler tags and what not, and therefor wins the sticky wars. You didn’t even reserve any extra posts in case you need them either. You lose.

Edit: This thread also has a better title.

Bingo/EX Bingo seriously beat everything guy has, nothing he can really do about it :stuck_out_tongue: just randomly poke with EX zonk :wink:

Careful with bingo and EX bingo vs Guy though, cuz he can punish it on block with s.strong into whatever.

Going to leave out “Zonk beats this or that…” because Zonk beats virtually everything, but you have to have one charged up of course.

vs Guy - C.MK goes under a lot of his mix ups like the demon flip grab and what not. B +MP will straight up beat the overhead attack from his run and its easy to see it coming.

vs Blanka - High Blocked Blanka Balls can be punished with EX Ruffian Kick. In the corner you can follow upw ith EX Criminal Upper.

vs Bison - C.MK slides under stomps and I think he can be punished with a combo unless i am doing something goofy with the training dummy. Really, anyime he leave the gorund you should slide, even if he goes into mid screen devils reverse this will allow you to charge up a level 2 focus attack for a crumple.

vs Balrog - vs TAP you can use C.LK into MK Ruffian or if you’re quick enough even C. HP into CU.

vs Dudley - Run away and toss rocks – dont let him get close if possible.

vs T. Hawk - Blocked Condor Dives can be punished with F. HK, CU, Ruffian Kicks and Ultra 2 when timed correctly. MK Ruffian Kick is generally your best bet w/ no meter becuase regardless of the spacing you’re looking at 130 dmg output. CU can net you like 160 or so but the spacing and timing has to be on point.

vs Ryu - You can Ultra 1 between a c.mk and fireball.

vs Dudley… I feel like if you can pressure Dudley into the corner, you’ve basically got the round won if you’re on point with your baiting and antiairs. The reason I say this is because Dudley has no legitimate answer to repeated standing shorts to keep him locked down in the corner. You can just walk forward, hit short repeatedly, and see how he reacts from there. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing Dudley can do is EX DP, Cross Counter, or Ultra out, all of which can be baited and punished HARD. Mix in a few standing forwards. roundhouses, low shorts and sweeps and you can stun him very quickly. PLEASE, if this doesn’t work, someone tell me.

vs. sagat - tough matchup if they’ve got solid fireball game, use cr. mk to go under high fireballs and when up close to stuff knees, but be weary of eating a TU. with good spacing you can use st. mk to stuff fireballs. i like neutral jump fierce on wake up because TU will go right under it if you time it correctly. zonk and ultra 2 are tough to time for me not to mention if you get that close a smart sagat will stop fireballing since at the same range you could easily time a jump-in =(. ex RK is a good option to get in a spammy sagat. if you can get them cornered and contained thats your best bet while mixing up safe jumps and empty jumps to throws. training them not to TU on wake up is key–safe jumps and baits galore.

I don’t know how to add the spoiler tags ya jack fuck

vs Abel:

• I found it hard to counter-poke his s.mk with Cody’s normals, but FA and regular Zonk worked well.
  • cr.lp stuffs his overhead focus breaker. I’m sure there are better-damage normals Cody can use, though.
  • After a blocked j.mk at max height, he was able to EX Tornado Throw me out of cr.lp, but I might’ve been doing the j.mk too early or the cr.lp too late on those occasions, so someone will have to test this.
  • I found j.hp traded with his anti-air cr.mk a lot. It’s probably spacing and timing dependent.

vs Bison: I’ve stuffed both his scissors and EX-crusher with cr.mk.

vs Cody:

• after CU hits, never dash and then jump: I could not find a spacing where I would not get hit by (auto-corrected) hk ruffian kick.
  • Zonk beats Zonk/EX-Zonk if done second. :razz:

vs Guy: TO-DO: try to punish blocked shoulders with s.lp. If the Prima frame data is correct, then s.lp should be fast enough to punish it.

vs Ibuki: hk ruffian kick goes through kunais aimed at his head, but not kunais aimed lower down.

vs Juri: EX-pinwheel can be punished with cr.mp, if you’re close enough to reach.

vs Sagat: after (hp only?) CU hits, if you are close enough to dash, immediately jump, and cross-up j.mk, then you can stuff quick-rise wake-up DPs like this. However, if you do say, cr.lp cr.lp cr.mp hp-CU, which pushes you back too far, then his DP will stuff you if you try to dash and jump at/over him.

vs. T Hawk: c.MK will actually beat out Condor Dive clean. I was doing it consistently last night against my friend’s T. Hawk.

As far as a general comment, c.MK seems pretty nifty for getting out of potential crossup situations. Considering Cody’s body is angled, crossup attempts were whiffing completely. Not sure if anyone else had noticed this in their matches yet.

I feel the knife is the way to go against Dudley because in this matchup it’s all about keeping him out and the knife gives you extra range to play footsies with as well as chip damage. (Once he gets in it’s GGPO for Cody.)

Also his rose will knock the knife out of your hands.

I’ve had pretty decent success with cr. HK against him, though it needs more testing.

VS Rog-Meaty slide shits on all three normal headbutts and goes under the EX version allowing you to punish. If done a bit further out it’s safe from jab retaliation if blocked.