vs Dudley

Anyone know any good strategies against really good Dudley players who parry most things?

I really hate playing completely defensively w/ Remy because it seems super cheap, but this Dudley player at the arcade stuffs/parries most attempts to close in w/ poke strings or any of Remy’s more damaging attacks such as RRF.

Is there any way around this other than playing cautiously for the whole match?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A2AYFVhfcG8

I hate having to play defensively as well…the problem is that with dudley this can be an issue. I had to learn the hard way when playing a really good dudley in a tournament. I had played this particular person before, and always got my ass kicked before, so I had to resort to turtling and managed to win the match, I even apologized to this person afterwards, telling him I knew he would beat me if I didn’t play that way.

That vid above is from a casual match though. He’s pretty good a parrying, and baiting parries and punishing seemed to work well.

Also, if you’re feeling dirty or cheap for playing ultra defensive, remind yourself that Dudley’s offensive abilities could be considered cheap than too, especially against low-stamina Remy. The fact he can stun and destroy you with very little effort more than makes up for it

Thank You

Thanks for the tips guys.

I think the Dudley player at my local arcade is a tad better than the one in your video since he would get me in the worst juggles that would take a good half a life bar, plus always anticipated and parried partitioned ex RRF’s.

But I think if I stick to pokes and less combos I can beat him…maybe. Or he’s probably way out of my league; he’s the only person I know to get an MSF ranking for the total grade in arcade mode.

I enjoyed the video, and we use a lot of the same tactics (but maybe I telegraph my moves a bit more). I especially liked the partitioned RRF’s after a LoV. Are the times to partition for that during the LoV animation+ during the dash animation?

Thank You

Thanks for the tips guys.

I think the Dudley player at my local arcade is a tad better than the one in your video since he would get me in the worst juggles that would take a good half a life bar, plus always anticipated and parried partitioned ex RRF’s.

But I think if I stick to pokes and less combos I can beat him…maybe. Or he’s probably way out of my league; he’s the only person I know to get an MSF ranking for the total grade in arcade mode.

I enjoyed the video, and we use a lot of the same tactics (but maybe I telegraph my moves a bit more). I especially liked the partitioned RRF’s after a LoV. Are the times to partition for that during the LoV animation+ during the dash animation?

What are you guys takling about? Remy owns Dudley for free!

Try playing Dudley’s Vic, then tell me that. :frowning:

Oh I’ve played Vic before. Even though a majority of the games we played ended in losses, I’m still convinced that this match is in Remy’s favor. Vic just happens to be a better player than me in general.

^i actually agree its slightly in remys favor too…but thats imo.

well, remy starts with advantage since it’s so enormously hard for dudley to get in, but if dudley gets in then remy will have a very hard time getting out and sometimes dudley just needs to land one hit to combo to gain supreme advantage. I’d say it’s pretty even since remy really needs to concentrate not to let dudley in. but I’d probably say remy has the advantage, tough it’s not too big.

I’m gonna have to sorta disagree with the idea that dudley is at a disadvantage :rofl:

Just jump in and EX flash kick. And spam crouching roundhouse.
Dudley can’t do much on low attacks accept for parry.
Keep it tricky with dashes back.

:confused:

^^^I’m speechless myself

You will be surprise how many people get hit by jump in EX flash kick. It has invincibility frame. And those low roundhouses are tricky.

Yeah, I usually fall for jump in supers. It kills me every time.

Yeah, I used to do this all the time. Unfortunately the people I play now only fall for this about twice a round…Especially at FFA. :shake: It’s basically luck…if they just block, you’re pretty much fucked. Especially against dudley, and if he has meter. I’m not sure random jump in flash kicks are the best bet against a decent Dudley, or anyone decent for that matter.

Also, crouching roundhouse = automatic parry of second hit and you’re screwed. Unless you’re playing some random scrub.

Man, the Iwst special: FULL SCREEN super jump early fierce, land on the other side and ex razorkick.

Make sure you don’t do jump in EX flash kick more than twice a round though, unless in very rare circumstances.

I’m still waiting for this guy to finally come out, tell us who he is, and that this is a joke account