Change List
[LIST]
[]-Reduced hittable area when in the air
[
]-Increased priority of J.s
[]-Slightly increased range of ground normal throws
[
]-Reduced total frames of shocking pink
[]-Shocking Pink will not explode when sliding between buttons and it can not be juggled
[
]-New move; V-Dodge (S+A)
[]-Air Desperado can OTG
[
]-Additional hits can be added to Mach Speed by rapid button presses
[/LIST]
Some neat buffs. I like the buff to his J.s and his better ground through combined with Air Desperado OTGing and the new air X-Factors add some addition tools to his arsenal. Can’t wait.

Note from latest (P.Wright) build

• If you dhc out of slow now, the opponent isn’t slowed…

Am upset.

Oh gosh please no…

I heard if you do it too soon then it won’t slow. You have to wait a bit. Did you make sure of that?

Hm, didn’t try delaying it…Damnation.

Well, I’ll have yet another hands on with the game in a couple of weeks at the London Fight Club, but by then the game is basically out…

I found another change list on neogaf with 2 additional changes the OP lacks

YES!!! Sounds great!!!

Edit: except for the damage nerf. Uh oh.

Is that a nerf? It’s listed as a buff (has a plus sign next to it.)

Damage scaling increase probably means his minimum damage for normals has been increased to 15% and specials to 25%. HUGE BUFF!

Damage buffs? You mean he’s actually getting something he needed?

This has been an absolutely amazing weekend.

Is V.J’s ground speed any faster i found that to be a big problem in vanilla.

They lowered the invulnerability on his Dodge somewhat iirc.

Honestly…Rocket Raccoon looks like a completely better version of V.Joe. He has all of the benefits like small hit box (even smaller) but has a ton of ways to get in and a solid mix of rush and zone overall. Honestly I thought V.Joe had like a small place as a weird mix of rush and zone that could put you in trouble if you landed slow…but Rocket Raccoon looks like everything V.Joe wanted to be with just less health. The fact that he can just move in and run away both at the same time so quickly…it makes me wonder why V.Joe is in the game.

That dodge move better be the best move ever or V.Joe is looking to just get overshadowed and only played by that one guy who’s great with him.

Are there any video’s of V.Joe using V-Dodge?

I really wan’t to see how good that move is

I’ve been hearing mixed reactions as to whether damage scaling refers to how much a move increased in damage or decreased in damage. I think its a nerf (I hope I’m wrong.) For instance if they just said **Base damage **or Minimum damage was increased then I would be happy. However they said Base Damage Scaling.

Scaling in fighting games is usually shown as a percentage or decimal. For example, if we use Varamanthras numbers:

If Joe’s base damage scaling was increased from 15% to 25% on certain moves, then this means that instead of the following move doing 15% less damage its actually doing 25% less damage. This is a nerf.

I understand what you’re getting at but that actually doesn’t make sense. The damage of a move isn’t conveyed in a percentage. It is a base number. If you meant that the minimum damage for normals have been increased BY 15% and specials **BY **25% then that would be great. “Damage Scaling” is different from just plain “Damage.” I’m not flaming you or anything, just wanted to make a correction.

Again I hope I’m wrong.

seriously any word on his ground movement?

I"m sure that would’ve been mentioned. So I guess not.

Besides the bit on their small hit boxes I don’t see much overlap in either characters designs so far especially since to a degree the points you made can be said for nearly every character in this game.

I know what you’re trying to say, but it looked to me to just be a poorly written line. You’re reading way too far into it. Capcom would NOT increase damage scaling exclusively for Joe, as it would be stupid and take a bit of effort on their part to make a character with unusual scaling values. All characters use the same values for damage scaling.

Damage for individual hits in the game are calculated like this:
.75n for light
n for medium
.85n for heavy
n for specials
.95*n for supers
to the character specific minimum scaling where n = number of hits in the combo minus 1; no character deviates from this (sans a few command normals).

Guaranteed what I stated is closer to the truth than what you are interpreting because his current base damage scales to a minimum of 10% for Normals and 20% for specials, thus base damage scaling increase can be interpreted as an increase in these minimums, and thus higher damages.

I can understand your concern though, the line is misleading.

Makes sense. Then in this case, Joe is getting all buffs. Yay.

As far as what they’re trying to do, there’s a bit too much overlap IMO as far as Rocket Raccoon could pretty much throw V.Joe out of any real regular use. I mean if you can name something that V. Joe can do that Rocket Raccoon most likely won’t be able to do then maybe, but other than that…it just seems like Rocket Raccoon does way more.

I’d like to hear people’s opinions though.