Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Thread

Hey figured I’d get the ball rolling on this one. I’m getting these off the Japanese wiki for now so this is just what I figure they’re supposed to be called from the katakana.

Boomerang - :qcf: + :p:
Air Joe - (in the air) :p: rapidly
Shocking Pink - :qcb: + :p:
Red Hot Kick - (in the air) :qcb: + :p:

Hyper Combos

Six Cannon - :qcf: + :2p:
Mach Speed - :dp: + :2p:
Lvl 3:
Slow & Zoom - :qcb: + :2p:

All specials are executable in the air except the shocking pink, but the Six Cannon is the only Hyper combo that can be used in the air.

A couple videos:

(the one combo that’s up on youtube, he uses a lot of air mashing for actually decent damage with no supers)

(Beating up on Roll, shows off his moves, tries out a couple links, some decent information)
[media=youtube]Nx49kCH7PXo[/media]
(And yes, the freeze glitch. Don’t cancel the red hot kick into a Variable Aerial Rave tag thingy. It’ll freeze you.)

Alright, everybody start posting on strats/combos/etc. and I’ll clean up this first post/add more in a little while.

EDIT: A couple thoughts of mine on things to look out for (since I can’t get to the game for maybe a couple weeks). Red hot kick = triangle jump, can you combo off of it? Also is there anything that will combo into the six cannon, probably some kinda air thingy.

Strat #1:

NO MATTER WTF YOU DO NEVER DO QCF+D DURING AN AERIAL RAVE!!!

-Tha Hindu

Lolz.

Yeah but seriously though. What is it, no aerial tag cancelled from an air boomerang? Anybody nailed it down exactly?

The glitch is activated when any version of the Red Hot Kick is used before VAR. Everything else is far game to cancel to a VAR.

Did a little testing of my own.

You can mash out of the glitch anywhere (I mashed out after he left the screen completely to test this), so would it be a possible run away tactic? who knows.

Also if Joe’s foot touched the opponent during the VAC the VAC activates properly the glitch only happens with his foot misses for the VAC animation.

Maybe this glitch is possible with other small characters (ie. small VAC hitbox that whiffs.)

Sounds likely… How did you mash out exactly? I can’t see why mashing would be any different than pressing a button in that situation, but if it works then that’s sweet…

Well atleast we now know it isn’t like omgbbqhax status.
Plus we know how to avoid it from happened in general. So. yay.

He has a multi-button press move in the air where he does some poses if you hit any of the buttons rapidly, pops him out of the glitch.

You can also Baroque Cancel out of the glitch during the first few seconds.

edit: Joe can be hit out of it as well. I just got DP out of the glitch repeatedly.

Yeah I got Baroque after I read about it, but I didn’t include it in my post, I thought everyone knew that already.

I see, that’s a relief to know…

At least it’s punishable, that way it’s unlikely to be used as BS run away…

You can hold on to the Voomerang and it will light up. It will act a little more like a boomerang.

Out of curiosity is anyone messing with team combinations for Joe to allow him to land his six cannon? I know the Genie’s QCF+AB super puts them in dizzy to dhc to Joe’s six cannon. Maybe Jun’s assist is good as well.

I think Rock Volnutt’s machine gun super is great for landing slow moves like the six cannon. However, it might add up a lot of damage scaling.

joe has an infinite. IAD b and then press c and repeat. Ill try to make a video and show u

Sweet I’d love to see that.

its really hard to do. most i got was 6 reps. lolz

Just wondering the same thing, but I was gonna ask and see how many reps you could get before they got a mega crush.

Hmm, I’ll mess around with it, quick question is the C standing or is it still in the air?

its still in the air. Well I havent checked on the megacrush aspect. When I get it down, ill show u

Good shit Justin.

Does this work against grounded opponents or airborne like the other infinites?